Alien: Covenant

Postby SeeForever » Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:02 pm

Ridley Scott now says Noomi Rapace won't be in the movie after all, will Michael Fassbender even appear now?? It's as if he's trying to forget Prometheus ever happened
RIP The Queen Of Disco
SeeForever
Legend

Postby CrazyCrazy » Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:29 pm

I found Noomi Rapace a bit dull, she's no Sigourney.
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby NothingFails » Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:36 am

Noomi totally slayed in the Millennium Trilogy. She was okay in Prometheus but it was those movies that really showed her talent. Too bad she isn't returning. I wonder if it has to do with schedule conflicts with her doing the Winehouse biopic?
NothingFails
Legend

Postby AussiePopStar8 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:43 am

We better at least get a shot of a decomposing or her having been chest bursted or something.
You know for continuity sake.
Happy endings are just stories that haven't finished yet...
AussiePopStar8
Manager

Postby SeeForever » Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:56 pm

Seems that Noomi is going to be in the film after all, first she is, then she isn't, now she is again
RIP The Queen Of Disco
SeeForever
Legend

Postby AussiePopStar8 » Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:30 am

With just under 400 days to go before the USCSS Covenant touches down in theaters worldwide, we currently know very little about Alien: Covenant's plot and secrets. However recently, new details have become apparent that have ignited discussion and debate with fans of both Alien and Prometheus. Fan theories and spoilers aside however, this article will detail what we actually know so far about Alien: Covenant. As new details arrive, we'll be sure to expand this post with later installments.

Alien: Covenant takes place 10 years after Prometheus.

Taking place roughly around 10 years after Prometheus, Alien: Covenant will take place sometime in the year 2104. Prometheus ended with David and Shaw leaving LV-223 in 2094. To help compare, during the events of Alien: Covenant, Alien's Ellen Ripley will be about 11 years old.

Weyland and Yutani have merged and fund the Covenant mission.

Officially released images of the Covenant crew jacket revealed to us that Weyland and Yutani have officially merged to form the Weyland-Yutani corporation by the time Alien: Covenant takes place. Perhaps the Trillion dollar hit Weyland absorbed after the Prometheus mission failed required them to merge with another company in order to stay afloat? More recently, film crew sweaters were spotted sporting the iconic "Building Better Worlds" Weyland-Yutani tagline as well.

Michael Fassbender will play more than one David.

David 8 is the only survivor of the doomed Prometheus mission when the crew of the Covenant eventually find him on a remote Alien planet. The Covenant crew will also be accompanied by a second David Android. However, we're not sure if this is an eigth generation David model or a later model. We also don't know if the new David will have similar motives as David 8. What we do know, going by a recent movie still is that this new David will have brown hair instead of blonde.

There will be more Aliens.

The fate of LV-223's Deacon has yet to be revealed, but we know Alien: Covenant will introduce us to some new and familiar Aliens. The Facehugger, Chestburster and "Big Boy" (as Ridley Scott refers to it as) will all be re-introduced at some point in Alien: Covenant.

There will be a terrifying Chestburster scene.

Ridley Scott teased early on that there will be an iconic Alien birthing scene in Alien: Covenant; one he insinuates will out-do the burster scene in his 1979 original Alien.

Katherine Waterston plays Daniels.

Despite rumors of her character's connection to one of the Alien series' main characters, what we know for sure about Katherine Waterston's character is her name - Daniels. The only image released showing off her in character and on set insinuates that Daniels will face some big challenges throughout the film and will likely be one of the film's primary, strong, female leads, like Sigourney Weaver's Ripley and Noomi Rapace's Shaw.

Noomi Rapace is back as Elizabeth Shaw.

Despite an apparent lack of mention in the film's official plot synopsis, Noomi Rapace's Elizabeth Shaw will be given some screentime in Alien: Covenant. Only recently was her involvement announced, following repeat interviews with the film's cast and director, which originally led fans to believe Noomi's role had been completely written out. Regardless, many are pleased to hear of her return. Perhaps her involvement was meant to be a surprise?

We discover Paradise, but nobody is home.

If you're expecting a vast kingdom run by Engineers on a lush planet, you'll be severely disappointed when you see Alien: Covenant. According to the film's official plot synopsis, David 8 will be the only inhabitant of Paradise upon the Covenant crew's arrival, as mentioned above. However, we may get a few flashback scenes explaining what became of the Engineers and their home world. Leaked set photos suggest something major caused mass hysteria and chaos for the Engineer population. Beyond our own assumptions however, little is actually known for sure why Paradise remains a barren wasteland and what became of the Engineers which once inhabited it.

Alien: Covenant is one of three sequels Fox has planned for Prometheus.

Ridley Scott and 20th Century Fox are planning a serious expansion of the Alien franchise. Building off of concepts introduced in Prometheus, Alien: Covenant will act as a semi-sequel to Prometheus and a semi-prequel to Alien. Interviews with Ridley Scott as well as John Logan, one of the film's writers and last to revise the script, have suggested that Covenant will lean closer to concepts more familiar to those of Alien instead of Prometheus. However, that's not to say the expansion of the franchise's mythos won't continue to be explored. What we really know is, Alien: Covenant will focus heavily on the Alien and the creation of such a being. The what and the why of the Xenomorph's purpose will be explored and somewhat explained, while leaving many questions unanswered. Given that this film will act as one of three planned sequels, fans should expect there to be quite a number of open-ended plot points.

Fox will not be showing a trailer for Alien: Covenant at this year's Comic-Con.

In an attempt to preserve the film's secrets and quality from piracy, Fox have decided not to debut footage from Alien: Covenant at this year's Hall H presentation at Comic-Con. We expect a teaser debut may occur closer to the Fall or Winter of 2016, but likely not before then.

There are still so many things we don't know about Alien: Covenant, but that only makes this process of waiting all the more fun. Fans from around the world have contributed some great theories and discussions right here on Scified in our Alien: Covenant forum. As filming continues and as we near the release of the film's first teaser trailer, we can only expect the number of questions we have to grow exponentially. Alien: Covenant is clearly one of the most highly anticipated and most actively discussed upcoming films we're covering and we can't wait to learn more!
AussiePopStar8
Manager

Postby Hugo » Sun Dec 25, 2016 11:52 am

"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
Hugo
HAL 9000

Postby NothingFails » Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:32 pm

Nice trailer but I am so over the trend of someone doing a sloowwwwwwwed down remake of another song to emphasize the grittiness in the trailer. It seems like every other action/sci-fi trailer contains this gimmick.
NothingFails
Legend

Postby SeeForever » Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:15 am

Agreed it's a nice trailer but overall it just seems more of the same, the android is no doubt up to no good again with the crew expendable, maybe it's the intention of the trailer to show bits like they are from Alien and Aliens??

Hopefully it's a lot better than Prometheus, visually impressive but most of the characters just drove me mad, with them acting like a load of lemmings happy to get killed off
RIP The Queen Of Disco
SeeForever
Legend

Postby AussiePopStar8 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:46 am

I quite enjoyed the trailer and my confidence is buoyed by the fact the makers have said this installment will bring a return to the horror aspects of the original movie so I'm ready to see what's on offer and hopefully the Ripley sequel will be the next Alien movie we see.
AussiePopStar8
Manager

Postby NothingFails » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:05 pm

I know a lot of people hated Prometheus but I enjoyed it. Not a game-changing masterpiece but I did feel like it steered the franchise back in the right direction after Alien Resurrection (to me that movie was such an obvious cash-grab, Ripley's story was over) and the AvP movies.
NothingFails
Legend

Postby NothingFails » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:08 pm

AussiePopStar8 wrote: hopefully the Ripley sequel will be the next Alien movie we see.
Yes, I am hoping they can do this too. She, Biehn and others have already shown enthusiasm. I think the idea of them "fixing" Alien 3 and erasing that and Resurrection from existence, instead directly following Aliens, is a great idea since 3 is where many fans turned on the franchise.

I personally like A3, it is a depressing, dark, dreary movie and I totally understand the AIDS metaphor Sigourney said many times the movie was meant to be, but at the time time, it would be nice to have an alternate universe where Ripley actually has a better future as opposed to the depressing ending she had in 3, with everyone else who survived Aliens killed on impact and Ripley herself impregnated with the xenomorph and sacrificing herself to save the world. (After 25 years, it isn't much a spoiler anymore lol)
NothingFails
Legend

Postby aaliyahman » Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:18 pm

I think the trailer is awful.

It seems like a Prometheus rehash.
I hope I will enjoy it as much as I did Prometheus.
"What goes around comes back around my baby"
aaliyahman
Superstar

Postby AussiePopStar8 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:59 am

NothingFails wrote:
AussiePopStar8 wrote: hopefully the Ripley sequel will be the next Alien movie we see.
Yes, I am hoping they can do this too. She, Biehn and others have already shown enthusiasm. I think the idea of them "fixing" Alien 3 and erasing that and Resurrection from existence, instead directly following Aliens, is a great idea since 3 is where many fans turned on the franchise.

I personally like A3, it is a depressing, dark, dreary movie and I totally understand the AIDS metaphor Sigourney said many times the movie was meant to be, but at the time time, it would be nice to have an alternate universe where Ripley actually has a better future as opposed to the depressing ending she had in 3, with everyone else who survived Aliens killed on impact and Ripley herself impregnated with the xenomorph and sacrificing herself to save the world. (After 25 years, it isn't much a spoiler anymore lol)
I don't think they need to necessarily need to delete the last two sequels and I'm bolstered by one of the last interviews I read about "Alien 5" saying that they don't have to necessarily disregard them but instead be a direct sequel to the first 2 films.

My pet theory is this new installment could happen between "Aliens" and "Alien 3" and the bodies found at the start of "Alien 3" might have been placed there to dupe Weyland-Yutani not necessarily be the original Ripely, Newt and Hicks.
Who's to stay that some sort of radical Greenpeace-esque group didn't intercept the pod in order to utilise the survivors knowledge to defeat both the Alien and corporate evils threatening the universe and then placed clones in the pod to be "discovered" ?
AussiePopStar8
Manager

Postby SeeForever » Sun May 21, 2017 4:58 pm

I enjoyed it!! But yet again there are some people making idiotic decisions, some of them I can put of with as you don't always do the right thing in a panic, but what the Captain does is just unbelievable stupid and the woman who walked off to clean up was a classic horror cliché, you could see that one a mile off

Still do wonder about the company themselves as they do seem to employ hopeless individuals to take charge, if I was one of the others on board I would have staged a mutiny and taken charge, and given Daniels the job
RIP The Queen Of Disco
SeeForever
Legend

Postby Muzikritik » Tue May 23, 2017 11:35 am

Loved this!!

Prometheus was a good movie but it didn't have a great 'Alien' feel to it. This was a brilliant return to form.
Muzikritik
Legend

Postby Hugo » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:32 pm

Nothing really surprising about the storyline, but my god, I could watch 10 of these and never get tired.

Fassbender was SPLENDID!!! He was two robots and he pulled if off brilliantly. If he doesn't win anything for this performance...
"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
Hugo
HAL 9000

Postby joiPrince_JO » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:42 pm

I thought that Sigourney Weaver was gonna return for this?
Girls' Generation
HyoYeonBritney Spears

Girls' Generation is the best-selling girl group of all time.
joiPrince_JO
Legend

Postby Hugo » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:04 pm

joiPrince_JO wrote:I thought that Sigourney Weaver was gonna return for this?
I missed Noomi, she was brilliant in 'Prometheus'.

And the shower scene? :lol: :lol: :lol:
"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
Hugo
HAL 9000

Postby SeeForever » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:46 am

Hugo wrote:
joiPrince_JO wrote:I thought that Sigourney Weaver was gonna return for this?
I missed Noomi, she was brilliant in 'Prometheus'.

And the shower scene? :lol: :lol: :lol:
That was such a c**p moment, after all that's happened let have a shower together!!
RIP The Queen Of Disco
SeeForever
Legend

Return to Movies