IT [2017]

Postby AussiePopStar8 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:12 am

After years of development hell and recent directorial departures and behind the scenes drama it looks like the two part adaptation Stephen King's clown fear inducing classic is full steam ahead and they've FINALLY cast the new Pennywise......

It’s been awhile since we’ve heard anything about Andrés Muschietti’s two-part remake of Stephen King’s It. The last we heard about New Line Cinema’s troubled production was back in April, when it was reported that the script was still being re-written, that producer Roy Lee secured the California tax credit, and that the film would be rated R.

Now, the water’s running again and we’re hearing voices from the sewer, specifically some major casting announcements. It would appear that Muschietti’s found an actor to play Pennywise and, sadly, it’s not The Revenant’s Will Poulter. Rather, it’s Hemlock Grove star Bill Skarsgard, aka Stellan’s son and Alexander’s brother. What a talented family!

If all goes according to plan — and let’s be real, that’s hardly the case with any King adaptation — Skarsgard will stalk the likes of Jaeden Lieberher, Finn Wolfhard, Jack Dylan Grazer, Wyatt Oleff, Chosen Jacobs, and Jeremy Ray Taylor. Save for Beverly Marsh, there’s your Losers Club. Now, go and Google each name to figure out who could play their elder equivalent.

As previously reported, this adaptation will split King’s original 1986 novel into two movies. The first will follow the children being stalked by the titular shapeshifting monster, while the second will pick up decades later, when those same kids are confronting their same demons as adults.

Speaking of demons, this project has definitely seen its fair share. This time last year, True Detective director Cary Fukunaga walked away from the film over creative differences, following a nice chunk of time devoted to writing and conceptualizing the screenplay. It’s still unclear how much of his vision, if any, will remain.

But all ideas float down there in Hollywood.

[Source: The Hollywood Reporter]
We also have the new Bill Denbrough in Jaeden Lieberher...

Jaeden Lieberher is set to star opposite Bill Skarsgard in New Line’s remake of Stephen King’s “It.”

Skarsgard will play Pennywise, the evil monster who terrorizes a group of kids in a small Maine town. Lieberher will play the leader of the group, who was portrayed by Jonathan Brandis in the original 1991 film.

New Line recently announced the movie, directed by “Mama” helmer Andres Muschietti, would bow on Sept. 8, 2017. Muschietti came on board following Cary Fukunaga’s departure from the project last year, and quickly turned around a rewrite of the script.

The studio plans two films, one focused on the children, and a sequel following them into adulthood when they return to their hometown to face the monster again.

Barbara Muschietti, Roy Lee and Dan Lin are producing along with David Katzenberg and Seth Grahame-Smith.

Lieberher had a breakout role opposite Bill Murray in “St. Vincent” and recently delivered another critically-acclaimed performance in Jeff Nichols’ “Midnight Special.”

He is also set to star opposite “Room” sensation Jacob Tremblay and Naomi Watts in Colin Trevorrow’s follow-up to “Jurassic World,” “The Book of Henry,” which bows in September.
So many people have distinct memories tied to the 90's tv movies.
Are you excited to see "It" take the big screen?
Happy endings are just stories that haven't finished yet...
AussiePopStar8
Manager

Postby Thriller » Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:34 am

NO.

This will never, ever compare to the original. Tim Curry is and always will be Pennywise!
Thriller

Postby biscuits » Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:38 am

This whole production has been a farce, going on for years now.

I don't know why they're having so many script problems - it's based on a book. This worries me that it'll deviate away from the book a lot.
biscuits
The Diva

Postby CrazyCrazy » Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:43 am

Thriller wrote:Tim Curry is and always will be Pennywise!
Agreed, he was terrifying as Pennywise. Having said that this is actually a movie that could be better remade, the original had terrible actors (besides Tim Curry) and such naff special effects. :lol:
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby CrazyCrazy » Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:01 pm

Bill Skarsgard looks hot but also has the eyes for a scary clown, curious for this.
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby AussiePopStar8 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:32 am

I'm glad they're splitting it into 2 movies because there's way too much material for one theatrical release movie.
Re-reading the book now and it'll be interesting to see exactly how dark they push it.
Also heard they were going to update the timeline so that the childhood stuff happened in the 80's and the adult stuff is modern day and I'm not really sure how I feel about that.
AussiePopStar8
Manager

Postby Biebz » Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:36 am

Exciting! 8-)
my reputation's never been worse so you must like me for me
Biebz
Best Damn Member

Postby MrRager » Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:56 am

Omfg I was terrified of this as a kid. I remember my Mum wouldn't let me watch it for so long and then eventually I was allowed and I think I cried afterwards!
#Pray4AL6
MrRager
Legend

Postby Biebz » Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:05 am

MrRager wrote:Omfg I was terrified of this as a kid. I remember my Mum wouldn't let me watch it for so long and then eventually I was allowed and I think I cried afterwards!
I think you're getting this confused with the Perfume music video
my reputation's never been worse so you must like me for me
Biebz
Best Damn Member

Postby MrRager » Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:09 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:
#Pray4AL6
MrRager
Legend

Postby AussiePopStar8 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:12 am

Production has begun!
Time to meet the new Losers Club...

Production has begun on Mama director Andy Muschietti’s adaptation of Stephen King’s iconic novel It, and as we’ve previously reported, the story will be spread across two films. The first, of course, will focus on the childhood battle between The Losers’ Club and Pennywise, while the second will tell the tale of their adulthood reunion to take down the monster once and for all.

Though it will be a while before we have any official photos to share, young actor Finn Wolfhard just posted a picture on Instagram that gives us our first look at the brand spankin’ new adaptation. The photo, captioned “The Losers Club take Toronto,” shows us the cast of actors who will be playing the likes of Richie Tozier and Ben Hanscom, and we think you’re going to dig it.

Jaeden Lieberher (St. Vincent) is playing the young version of Bill Denbrough, the leader of The Losers’ Club. He’ll be starring alongside Finn Wolfhard as Richie Tozier, Wyatt Oleff as Stanley Uris, Chosen Jacobs as Mike Hanlon, Jack Dylan Grazer as Eddie Kaspbrak, and Jeremy Ray Taylor as Ben Hanscom. Owen Teague is also part of the cast, playing teen bully Patrick Hockstetter.

As for Pennywise, Bill Skarsgard will wear the red nose.

The first film, hitting theaters on September 8th, 2017, is expected to be Rated R.

Good to see they're actually going with kid actors as opposed to teens and the movie will apparently be "vicious" so I'm hoping for something darker and closer to the book.

Variety reports "It" will crawl up from the drains and into cinemas SEPTEMBER 18TH 2017
AussiePopStar8
Manager

Postby Thriller » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:53 pm

First image of Bill Skarsgård as Pennywise. Not remotely scary. I wish this film wasn't happening!

Thriller

Postby CrazyCrazy » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:55 pm

Let's wait and see, the clown is the most important part here! Everything about the original can be easily improved but the clown has to be just as scary or it will not work.
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby Damiennatas1 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:34 am

That almost looks comical.
Damiennatas1
Manager

Postby biscuits » Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:37 am

It's not that bad
biscuits
The Diva

Postby GetBack » Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:58 am

The photo is too polished looking, they could make it a little darker, but hopefully, the whole movie is just as scary.
GetBack
Legend

Postby biscuits » Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:03 am

The original is too hard to live up to

biscuits
The Diva

Postby AussiePopStar8 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:38 am

Over in Port Hope, Canada, which has been transformed into Derry, Maine, filming is now officially underway on the brand spankin’ new It adaptation, which is planned to be the first installment in a two-part affair. Directed by Andy Muschietti, the first part will take place in the past, centered on the battle between the Losers’ Club, as kids, and Pennywise… but what year will it be set in?Earlier this week, one fan began uploading videos from the set to YouTube, and in one of those videos, the local Derry movie theater is glimpsed. Plainly visible on the outside marquee are two movie titles, Batman and Lethal Weapon 2, which reveals the answer to the above question. Both films were released in 1989, indicating that the events of the film will take place quite a few years after the events of Stephen King’s novel.In the book, the first part takes place in the late ’50s, and the second part in the mid-’80s.Kids vs. monster, in the 1980s. We like it!

Jaeden Lieberher is playing Bill Denbrough, the leader of The Losers’ Club. He’ll be starring alongside Finn Wolfhard as Richie Tozier, Wyatt Oleff as Stanley Uris, Chosen Jacobs as Mike Hanlon, Jack Dylan Grazer as Eddie Kaspbrak, Sophia Lillis as Beverly Marsh, and Jeremy Ray Taylor as Ben Hanscom. Owen Teague is also part of the cast, playing teen bully Patrick Hockstetter.
As for Pennywise, Bill Skarsgard will wear the red nose.The first film, hitting theaters on September 8th, 2017, is expected to be Rated R.

Stephen King’s It book synopsis…Welcome to Derry, Maine. It’s a small city, a place as hauntingly familiar as your own hometown. Only in Derry the haunting is real.They were seven teenagers when they first stumbled upon the horror. Now they are grown-up men and women who have gone out into the big world to gain success and happiness. But the promise they made twenty-eight years ago calls them reunite in the same place where, as teenagers, they battled an evil creature that preyed on the city’s children. Now, children are being murdered again and their repressed memories of that terrifying summer return as they prepare to once again battle the monster lurking in Derry’s sewers.
Though I did love the 50's nostalgia and vibe in the book and tv movie an update to the 80's and modern day could prove very interesting with how "It" manifests as movie monsters etc.
Will we see some homages to the big horror icons of the time eg: Freddy, Michael and Jason or maybe even Nicholson's Joker if the movie titles mentioned feature in the remake.
AussiePopStar8
Manager

Postby AussiePopStar8 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:28 pm

AussiePopStar8
Manager

Postby CrazyCrazy » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:23 pm

It's going to be nigh impossible to beat Tim Curry's performance as Pennywise, I'm not feeling this image.
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby Thriller » Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:12 am

Terrible.
Thriller

Postby GetBack » Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:14 am

It's still too polished and current looking, I really want them to make it look so old school like what Stranger Things is doing right now!
GetBack
Legend

Postby AussiePopStar8 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:12 pm

Until there's some actual footage with context I'm not going to jump on the "this is terrible because it's not the tv movie" train. There's still so much we don't know about the project that I'm not gonna rule out the potential for this to improve on some aspects of the original and be brought closer to the darker source material.
If I'm wrong I'm wrong but it's far too early to doom it yet.
AussiePopStar8
Manager

Postby MrDiva » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:27 pm

Tbh I never liked the original
I'm having my difficulties with films from the 80s And 90s.
LIKE VICTORIA FOX ON FACEBOOK
https://www.facebook.com/VictoriaFoxNow/
Follow me on Instagram @mrdeeva
MrDiva
Superstar

Postby Erotica » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:29 pm

I love movies from the 80s and 90s. I have my problems with movies after the 90s ^^
I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?
Erotica
Legend

Return to Movies