IT [2017]

Postby JSparksFan » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:24 am

This wasn't bad. I expected it to be more frightening than it was, but as far as horror movies go, this one was solid.
"You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read." - James Baldwin
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby Thriller » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:32 pm

Finally saw it! I wanted it to be scarier, when in fact they made Pennywise quite laughable... people in the cinema were actually laughing as he morphed into things. The thing I loved about Curry's version is how human-like it made Pennywise - to me, the closer they are to being real, the scarier. Skarsgard's voice wasn't quite right for me and the CGI/teeth didn't quite hit the mark in terms of how I've remembered Pennywise from the TV movie.

The positives were that they kept faithful to the original adaptation in lots of ways (lines like "beep beep Richie" and the cute poem) and the kids they cast were absolutely BRILLIANT! Especially Richie and Eddie - I always loved Eddie in the original and he was awesome in this, great performance and so cute. I'm not sure how I feel about Beverley being bad-ass, I liked her more shy and timid, but it fit the tone of this movie. I also preferred how Henry died in the original but I enjoyed his story in this.

Basically, IT done in the style of Stranger Things. 7/10, bring on chapter two. I like this was set in 1989 so the next one can pretty much be in present day like they did the first time around!
Thriller

Postby Mainshow » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:47 pm

I just came back from thr cinema and I have to say that I am more than disappointed. The cast was brilliant and the kids were entertaining and kept the movie alive but it was not scary at all. The cinematography and most special effects were brilliant but the narrative was quite week. It left me quite unsettled. It was super uneventful and bland and I spent more time laughing than actually being afraid.

It's 1.5 out of 5 stars from me.
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Loose » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:07 pm

I liked it yet it didn't blow me away.

It was clearly too humourous to be a straightforward Horror movie.
WE COULD'VE HAD IT ALL WITHOUT THE CHAINS | THAT PALACES MAKE
Loose
Legend

Postby MusicRecords » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:47 pm

Loose wrote:I liked it yet it didn't blow me away.

It was clearly too humourous to be a straightforward Horror movie.
Yes it's that kind of movie, not necessarily popular for too much horror..it's def good but overrated
MusicRecords
Superstar

Postby ArmyOfMe » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:58 am

I finally watched it last night! I think it's very good, not so much for the scare fact, but more for the psychological introspection.
It really manages to convey the fact that something potentially abstract like fear can lead to a number of real, serious things, even murder.
ArmyOfMe
Superstar

Return to Movies