IT [2017]

Postby AussiePopStar8 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:55 am

Don't look now but the "It" trailer is heavily rumoured to debut March 29th

Seeing a red balloon isn’t a good thing in the horror movie It. That means Stephen King’s iconic killer clown Pennywise is back in town.

An updated adaptation of King’s 1986 best-selling novel, It (in theaters Sept. 8) turns Pennywise (played by Bill Skarsgård) loose on seemingly quaint Derry, Maine, where a group of kids known as the Losers’ Club attempts to stop him and his latest murderous mission. The movie is the first of a planned two-part epic directed by Andrés Muschietti (Mama) with a narrative like the book that spans two time periods, following the main characters as children in 1989 (in the book, the story starts in the 1950s) and as adults three decades later.

Derry has an infamous history of missing youngsters, and the culprit is an evil nameless entity that appears every 30 years and lurks in the underground sewer system. When young Bill Denbrough (Jaeden Lieberher) loses his brother to Pennywise’s latest reign of terror, he teams with a bunch of other children who’ve also encountered the malevolent force: overweight Ben Hanscom (Jeremy Ray Taylor), loudmouth Richie Tozier (Finn Wolfhard), clean freak Stan Uris (Wyatt Oleff), history lover Mike Hanlon (Chosen Jacobs), hypochondriac Eddie Kaspbrak (Jack Dylan Grazer) and tomboy Beverly Marsh (Sophia Lillis).

Wyatt Oleff (from left), Finn Wolfhard, Chosen Jacobs, Jaeden Lieberher, Sophia Lillis and Jeremy Ray Taylor play the heroic kids of 'It.' (Photo: Warner Bros. Pictures)

With these local misfits having to step up against pure evil, one of the major themes explored is innocence lost. “It happens in the book, this coming of age and kids facing their own mortality, which is something that in real life happens in a more progressive way and slowed down,” Muschietti says. “There’s a passage (in It) that reads, ‘Being a kid is learning how to live and being an adult is learning how to die.’ There’s a bit of a metaphor of that and it just happens in a very brutal way, of course.”

Another small part of King’s 1,138-page tome gave rise to the director's vision for Pennywise, in which Bill wonders if this monster is eating children because that’s what we’re told monsters do.
“It’s a tiny bit of information, but that sticks with you so much,” Muschietti says. “Maybe it is real as long as children believe in it. And in a way, Pennywise’s character is motivated by survival. In order to be alive in the imagination of children, he has to keep killing.”

The evil Pennywise comes for the children of Derry, Maine, in 'It,' based on the Stephen King novel. (Photo: Warner Bros. Pictures)

Tim Curry’s Pennywise scared a generation of audiences in TV's 1990 It miniseries, yet Muschietti promises Skarsgård’s version is more terrifying because of the clown's wholly capricious nature.
“It’s established that Pennywise takes the shape of your worst fear,” Muschietti says. “He doesn’t have a steady behavior, he doesn’t expose how he thinks, and that’s what makes him really unpredictable.”
And because no knows what he’ll do next or how, the space between appearances — with the occasional red balloon creepily floating by — becomes a “feeling of dread that grows in people’s minds.”

This movie focuses on the kids and the next film will feature their grown-up selves coming to grips with the past as their old enemy resurfaces.
“It’s about remembering things that they have forgot. Getting back in touch with those memories is such an important part of the plot,” says Muschietti, adding that there are a few hints in this fall’s It “that make you think about what will happen 30 years later when Pennywise comes again.”

Happy endings are just stories that haven't finished yet...
AussiePopStar8
Manager

Postby biscuits » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:08 am

Pennywise looks so not scary
biscuits
The Diva

Postby biscuits » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:19 pm

Trailer.
biscuits
The Diva

Postby biscuits » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:33 pm

The kid actors seem decent so that's good. The new Pennywise will never, ever top Tim Curry's version, but it seems okay from the trailer, except the final 'you'll float too' dialogue from Georgie :lol:

It'd be awesome if they used the original soundtrack. That was just as scary as Pennywise
biscuits
The Diva

Postby Mainshow » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:35 pm

I haven't watched the original movie but I think I will watch this one... but not sure (I hate clowns.. they are scary as hell)
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby biscuits » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:52 pm

Mainshow wrote:I haven't watched the original movie but I think I will watch this one... but not sure (I hate clowns.. they are scary as hell)
You think clowns are scary but you haven't seen the original?

I thought all clown fears are because people have seen the original and that's what causes the fear!
biscuits
The Diva

Postby biscuits » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:55 pm

This is the opening scene of the original. It's the scariest scene too IMO.

I don't think the new Pennywise will be comedic like the old one. He was hilarious but still so scary!
biscuits
The Diva

Postby Ewokguy15 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:49 pm

Creeps me out just thinking about it!, new one looks good, very excited to see it!
Ewokguy15
Manager

Postby Erotica » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:04 pm

I could never watch this, too frightening. And if I would, then I'd watch the original from the 90s
I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?
Erotica
Legend

Postby Damiennatas1 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:35 pm

The old version is as dated as hell. It didn't age well either.

The trailer looks surprisingly good!
Damiennatas1
Manager

Postby AussiePopStar8 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:37 pm

:o :o :o :o :o :o ummmmmm.......

THAT WAS F@#$ING AWESOME!!!

We all know this isn't Tim Curry's Pennywise so there's nothing to be gained from comparing it.
It's like comparing Hannibal Lecter's from movie and tv.
They are two completely different beasts but each have their appeal and offer an interpretation of the source material.
I think they're being quite smart with showing just enough of Pennywise to ramp up interest even more.
The child cast seem quite strong and it definitely seems a little more bleak and gives a different flavor to a story we all know and love and it seems to be a rare case where updating the material seems to have actually worked.
Sooooooo excited to see the next trailer and September can't come quickly enough.
AussiePopStar8
Manager

Postby Mainshow » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:46 pm

biscuits wrote:
Mainshow wrote:I haven't watched the original movie but I think I will watch this one... but not sure (I hate clowns.. they are scary as hell)
You think clowns are scary but you haven't seen the original?

I thought all clown fears are because people have seen the original and that's what causes the fear!
He xD Even as a kid, my parents took me to a circus and I hated the clowns and was afraid of them. I am still kind of afraid of those "horror clowns" and to be honest, I think clowns are quite scary.
I don't know if it will help to watch the movie then (that's also part of the reason why I didn't watch the original, btw)..But I am somehow interested.

However, the last horror movie which didn't make the sleep was the Ring when I was like 14 or so.
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Hugo » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:47 pm

I couldn't finish the book last year, it has over a thousand pages ffs, that's a lot even for King's standards, got to 300s or so, but I was enjoying it. I've never watched the original either.
"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
Hugo
HAL 9000

Postby Nippian93 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:07 pm

More than 10m views in the first 24 hours.

I will watch the movie, never been a fan of the original one.
❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Postby biscuits » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:12 pm

Read the book in 2008. Took around 4-5 months, including one month in India. I remember it giving me nightmares which is great for a book!
biscuits
The Diva

Postby Nippian93 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:13 pm

I would probably forget what I read a few weeks ago :)
❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Postby Damiennatas1 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:23 pm

Actually, I might give the book a shot. I'm not much of a reader but I've never read a horror book so this could be a good one to start with as I do like the concept of killer clowns (as much as they scare me).
Damiennatas1
Manager

Postby GetBack » Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:58 am

What a scary trailer! :o :o :o :o :o
GetBack
Legend

Postby Thriller » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:06 am

Tim Curry.
Thriller

Postby Hugo » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:17 pm

"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
Hugo
HAL 9000

Postby Muzikritik » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:21 am

I will be all over this.

I wasn't that scared by It as a child but this new version does look creepy as hell.
Muzikritik
Legend

Postby MrRager » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:44 am

I can't wait for this
#Pray4AL6
MrRager
Legend

Postby Ewokguy15 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:51 am

couldn't be more excited!!!!

Just finished the book, loved it!
Ewokguy15
Manager

Postby AussiePopStar8 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:10 am

Every trailer this gets more and more promising so I cannot wait to be in the theatre will the lights going down.
AussiePopStar8
Manager

Postby Damiennatas1 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:55 pm

I haven't seen this much hype around a film in a long time I don't think. Another great trailer!
Damiennatas1
Manager

Return to Movies