Baby Driver (2017)

Postby Hugo » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:49 am

A talented, young getaway driver (Ansel Elgort) relies on the beat of his personal soundtrack to be the best in the game. When he meets the girl of his dreams (Lily James), Baby sees a chance to ditch his criminal life and make a clean getaway. But after being coerced into working for a crime boss (Kevin Spacey), he must face the music when a doomed heist threatens his life, love and freedom.
"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
Hugo
HAL 9000

Postby cristy » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:00 pm

Saw this during a film festival the other week and it was amazing! Edgar Wright never disappoints! He even made me like Ansel Elgort whom I despised before! :o
Totally recommend!
cristy
Superstar

Postby Hugo » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:19 pm

cristy wrote:Saw this during a film festival the other week and it was amazing! Edgar Wright never disappoints! He even made me like Ansel Elgort whom I despised before! :o
Totally recommend!
Awesome 8-)
"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
Hugo
HAL 9000

Postby Ska8er » Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:49 pm

Just saw this. Phenomenal film!
Rest In Peace Lilly!
Ska8er
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:42 pm

Parts of this were incredible, and other parts were mediocre. I left the theatre with mixed emotions.
"You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read." - James Baldwin
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby Muzikritik » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:09 pm

I saw this on the weekend and I did enjoy it. Edgar Wright knows how to create cool male characters. Pacing was good, dialogue was entertaining.

His female characters though?! It stuck out for me just how under-developed both the major female characters were, essentially existing only to add some weight to their respective male characters' stories.
Muzikritik
Legend

Return to Movies