Halloween [2018]

Moderators: Spartan, menime123

Postby joiPrince_JO » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:38 am

They should have ignored all movies except 1, 2 and H20 - which would make sense since Jamie Lee Curtis is the lead character and doesn't even appear in the other movies (except Resurrection... but thats not even a movie. Its a joke).
Girls' Generation
HyoYeonBritney Spears

Girls' Generation is the best-selling girl group of all time.
joiPrince_JO
Legend

Postby AussiePopStar8 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:57 pm

I'm extremely bummed out by that announcement.
Guess that's what I get for hoping they'd make a movie for the fans of the film series that kept it alive for 40 years instead of using a much loved brand name to cash in on the current craze of "revivals".
They did the same thing in "H20" by failing to shoot the scripted scene referencing Jamie.
Parts 4 And 5 were actually a lot of peoples jumping on point to the series when they saw them as children in the 80's and 90's and definitely relatable since the protagonist was a child.
It's just such a pity that they're not even trying to make it work and it is downright idiotic that they're ignoring "H20" given it was a moment for fans of the series.
Happy endings are just stories that haven't finished yet...
AussiePopStar8
Manager

Postby MusicRecords » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:48 pm

It's unexpected to me but I just hope its good...feels like they've milked this too much
Follow me on Instagram

trebor wrote:16. MusicRecords: #Mess #BV #Bish #YSL #STFU #Sis #LOL #$$$ #FrequentFlyerSpammer #I&I&I
MusicRecords
HRH King Nick III

Postby joiPrince_JO » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:39 am

Official poster
Girls' Generation
HyoYeonBritney Spears

joiPrince_JO
Legend

Postby TIfan » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:11 pm

I am so nervous. I do wish they would have stuck with the original plan, and that was to continue after #2, because I love #2.
TIfan
Legend

Postby NothingFails » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:17 pm

Cannot wait for this.

I'm mixed on the idea of it pretending II didn't exist. I always loved Halloween II and scrapping that from canon erases Laurie being Michael's sister. Though it also gives an aura of mystery after the original as if he literally just vanished again after surviving the gunshots at the end of pt. 1 instead of continuing to wreck rampage on Haddonfield.
NothingFails
Legend

Postby Thriller » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:14 pm

I’ll watch it, but mess!
Thriller

Postby Rihab » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:04 am

no one needs this
Rihab
Legend

Postby joiPrince_JO » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:41 pm

Some clips and the trailer premiered at the CinemaCon:
-The footage starts off introducing a film crew making a documentary about Michael Myers, who was apprehended immediately after the first movie ended (retconning all sequels that have followed) and escapes imprisonment 40 years later.

-Jamie Lee Curtis returns as Laurie Strode, who has prepared for his escape by training with guns and outfitting her home with secret passages. She says she's prayed every day for this to happen. When someone asks why, she replies, "So I can kill him."

-The trailer highlighted two very intense moments. The first features a girl sitting in a public bathroom stall. Someone enters and she says it's occupied. Michael then puts his hand over the door and drops a bunch of bloody teeth on her, after which she begins screaming.

-The final moment takes place in a young boy's bedroom. He asks his teenage babysitter to close his closet door. She tries and tries, but it doesn't budge. She opens the door to see what's blocking it and Michael pops out, knife in hand.
Girls' Generation
HyoYeonBritney Spears

joiPrince_JO
Legend

Postby NothingFails » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:47 pm

Rihab wrote:no one needs this
Jamie Lee Curtis returning to the role that made her an icon in what is supposed to be the absolute final installment of the franchise? Hell yes... more interested in this than another Star Wars movie to be truthful.
NothingFails
Legend

Postby BodyShop » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:09 pm

I'm so excited for this! Love Halloween!
BodyShop
Manager

Postby NothingFails » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:25 pm

I like that in this one they've turned Laurie into a survivalist preparing for another showdown with Michael, as opposed to H20 where they had turned her into damaged goods who was still suffering PTSD from that night. Looks like they're making Laurie a badass of the Ripley/Sarah Connor vein this time.
NothingFails
Legend

Return to Movies