It: Chapter 2 (2019)

Postby Hugo » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:41 am

Days after becoming the highest-grossing horror movie in US history, a sequel to Andy Muschietti’s adaptation of Stephen King’s It has officially been announced. The New Line/Warner Bros. production is scheduled to hit theaters on September 6th, 2019, according to Variety.

Muschietti is expected to return for the forthcoming installment. Screenwriter Gary Dauberman has already closed his own deal to pen the sequel, with producers Barbara Muschietti, Roy Lee, Dan Lin, Seth Grahame-Smith and David Katzenberg also set to return.

In the novel, King switches perspectives from the Losers’ Club as children to a separate battle with the extra-dimensional clown Pennywise 30 years later. With his adaptation of It, Muschietti focuses on the kids’ point of view and largely ignores the whole interdimensional travel aspect. “Getting into that other dimension — the other side — was something that we could introduce in the second part,” he explained in an interview with Yahoo.

While we wait for the sequel to hit theaters, there are plenty more Stephen King adaptations to check out, including takes on Gerald’s Game and 1922 from Netflix. There’s also a new King book, Sleeping Beauties, out this month. And… there’s plenty of Losers’ Club podcast episodes in the archive to stream.

https://consequenceofsound.net/2017/09/ ... 9-release/
"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
Hugo
HAL 9000

Postby Ewokguy15 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:27 am

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee hopefully we get a cast soon, will be super interesting!
Ewokguy15
Manager

Postby Thriller » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:18 am

The actors gave their thoughts on who should play them in the second chapter. I think they chose really well, apart from I don't see Christian Bale as a good Bill. If Michael J Fox hadn't been so old I think he'd have been a perfect Eddie.
Thriller

Postby Muzikritik » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:11 pm

I'm sure it will be good but honestly Part I was so successful I believe because of the child cast.

Even if it's very well made I feel like it will be disappointing. Happy to be proven wrong.
Muzikritik
Legend

Postby AussiePopStar8 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:16 pm

I'm pretty sure they'll still be some childhood scenes in the 2nd film so they'd better get shooting before puberty strikes.
Very interested to see who they're going to cast as the adult versions of this version of the Loser club.
Also looking forward to seeing how Pennywise will interact with the grown version of the characters.
Happy endings are just stories that haven't finished yet...
AussiePopStar8
Manager

Postby MusicRecords » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:14 am

I'm down to see this 8-)
MusicRecords
Superstar

Return to Movies