Starring
Rod Taylor
Tippi Hedren
Jessica Tandy
Suzanne Pleshette
Veronica Cartwright

Trailer

Let's discuss :)
I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?
Erotica
Legend

Postby Controlfreak » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:33 am

One of my favorites. I remember there was talk of a remake with George Clooney and Naomi Watts years ago but nothing transpired.
Controlfreak
Manager

Postby BehindBreakaway » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:48 am

I loved this film growing up. It used to proper scare me!

Apparent poor Tippi went through hell making this lol. Hitchcock wasn't very nice to her. Even going as far as using real birds without telling her.
3 months and I'm still sober, picked all my weeds but kept the flowers!
BehindBreakaway
Manager

Postby Odyssey » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:59 pm

Love seeing threads like this, good to know there are people who appreciate classic films.
As for the Birds never really liked it. No celluloid magic here and It's one of my least favorite Hitchcock films. Tippi never was much of an believable actress and was so bad here but to be fair she was slightly better in Marnie.
Odyssey
Manager

Postby Erotica » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:18 pm

Odyssey wrote:Love seeing threads like this, good to know there are people who appreciate classic films.
As for the Birds never really liked it. No celluloid magic here and It's one of my least favorite Hitchcock films. Tippi never was much of an believable actress and was so bad here but to be fair she was slightly better in Marnie.
Glad you like it, more movies to come :) all from last century I suppose :)

I liked Tippis performance in this movie overall :)

And I watched the movie for the first time this year, it's great but yes, not Hitchcock's best from those I watched yet
I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?
Erotica
Legend

Postby SeeForever » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:18 am

One of Hitchcock's best films, Tippi Hedren was not the best actress but she did fine in this (especially considering the way he treated her during filming), Jessica Tandy was great as ever, that scene she has in the bedroom is not one I'll forget

Seems that the BBC are set to do a remake but it will follow the book more closely ie will be set in Cornwall and focus on a farmhand and his family (as in the book)
RIP The Queen Of Disco
SeeForever
Legend

Postby Graham76man » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:10 pm

I do know it went on to inspire Steven Speilberg when he did Jaws.
Education for anyone aged 12 to 16 has made a mess of the world!
Graham76man
Manager

Return to Movies