Mamma Mia 2: Here We Go Again

Moderators: Spartan, menime123

Postby zeus555 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:39 am

I have just heard that 'On and On and On' will also be in 'Mamma Mia! 2'. (It was called 'One and One and One', in the Article that revealed this! The Article also said that it is from 'ABBA - The Album'! I've corrected the Article & said that no such ABBA Track exists, that they mean 'On and On and On' and that it is from the 'Super Trouper' Album).

So now we know of 5 'Mamma Mia! 2' Songs that were on 'More ABBA Gold' - 'When I Kissed The Teacher', 'I Wonder (Departure)', 'Summer Night City', 'Angel Eyes' and 'On and On and On'. Plus the remaining Tracks off 'ABBA Gold', that were not in the 1st Film - 'Fernando', 'Knowing Me, Knowing You', 'The Name Of The Game', (which was cut from Film 1), and 'One Of Us'. Then we also have various Album Tracks in the 2nd Film. As well as Film 1 Songs that are used again - such as 'Mamma Mia' & 'Dancing Queen'.

I think that Film 2 will be a big surprise, to many who see it. A great many people only know 20 to 30 ABBA Songs, & they think that 'everything' was used in Film 1. I've seen many people saying that. They think that Film 2 is going to be Songs from Film 1, with only 'Fernando' & 'Angel Eyes' being 'fresh'. So, they are in for a shock, when they hear several ABBA Songs that they never knew existed.
Those less well known 'Mamma Mia! 2' ABBA Album Tracks include: 'I've Been Waiting For You', 'Why Did it Have To Be Me?', 'As Good
As New', 'If It Wasn't For The Nights' and 'Kisses Of Fire'. (in 1979 ABBA almost released 'If It Wasn't For The Nights', as their 1st Single off the 'Voulez Vous' Album. Then they changed their minds & released 'Chiquitita' instead).

Zeus555
zeus555
Superstar

Postby zeus555 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:30 am

I've been told that 'Bang-A-Boomerang' has now been added to the 'List', of ABBA Songs, that are to be
in 'Mamma Mia! 2'. I know that the Song is rather 'silly', but I have liked it since I first heard it, in 1976, when I
bought ABBA's 'Greatest Hits' Album. It is good that Benny & Bjorn have allowed so many catchy ABBA Songs,
to be used in the 2nd Film. It matters not, that many people will not know a lot of the Songs, when they go to the
Cinema in July & August. The Songs are very easy to recall the words to, so it will not harm the Box Office, (at all),
that several Songs will be 'new', to a great many people, who go to see the Film. (After all, every Track on 'ABBA Gold',
was 'new' to ABBA Fans, when they first heard them. Every ABBA Album Track, in Film 2, was also 'new', when those
ABBA Studio Albums 1st came out. I doubt if most Fans of 'Grease' had heard most, (if any), of the Songs in it, when
that Film came out, in 1978. I certainly knew none of them. 'Grease', was still a huge success, and the Soundtrack
sold Millions, around the World).

When the 2nd Film is released, there will not be an ABBA Compilation to match the Songs in it. I'm hoping that Universal,
(and Benny & Bjorn), realize this, and allow an ABBA Compilation to come out, with all of the Songs in Film 2.

Some ABBA Fans are expecting Film 2 to cause 'ABBA Gold' to take off again, but that only contains about 8 or 9 of the Songs
in it. Even 'More ABBA Gold' 'only' contains about 5 of the Songs from Film 2 - there may be more, when we know every ABBA
Song that is in the Film No Global ABBA Compilation contains the rest of the Film 2 Songs. Such as: 'I've Been Waiting For You',
'Bang-A-Boomerang', 'Why Did It Have To Be Me?', 'As Good As New', 'If It Wasn't For The Nights' and 'Kisses Of Fire'.

It will be rather sad, if the 2nd Film, only raises the Sales of 'ABBA Gold', when more than half of the other ABBA Songs in it are
not even on that Compilation. It will be a lost chance, for Universal to make a big impact, with a Compilation that better mirrors
what is actually sung in the 2nd Film.

Zeus555
zeus555
Superstar

Postby zeus555 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:38 pm

If the 2nd 'Mamma Mia!' Film follows the same pattern as Film 1, then we now know virtually every ABBA Song that will be in it.

The 1st Film had 23 ABBA Songs in it, but 3 of them were done twice 'Mamma Mia', 'Dancing Queen' & 'I Have A Dream'.
So Film 1 had 20 different ABBA Songs in it. ('The Name Of The Game' would have been a 21st ABBA Song, but it was cut
from the Film).

We already know at least 18 of the ABBA Songs in Film 2 - 19, if 'I Have A Dream' is in it.

So, if there are to be just 20 different ABBA Songs, in Film 2, there are only 1 or 2 left, that we do not know about. Unless,
Film 2 will have more Songs in it & there are 4 or 5 more, that we don't, (yet), know about .

These 15 ABBA Songs Were Not In Film 1 - But Are In Film 2

01)... “Bang-A-Boomerang” from ABBA -- (1975)

02)... “I’ve Been Waiting For You” from ABBA -- (1975)

03)... “Fernando” non-Album Single -- (1976)

04)... “When I Kissed the Teacher" from Arrival -- (1976)

05)... “Knowing Me, Knowing You” from Arrival -- (1976)

06)... "Why Did It Have To Be Me?" from Arrival -- (1976)

07)... "The Name Of The Game" from ABBA: The Album -- (1977) @@@

08)... "I Wonder (Departure)" from ABBA: The Album -- (1977)

09)... “Summer Night City” non-Album Single -- (1978)

10)... "As Good As New" from Voulez-Vous -- (1979)

11)... "Angel Eyes" from Voulez-Vous -- (1979)

12)... “If It Wasn't For The Nights” from Voulez-Vous -- (1979)

13)... "Kisses Of Fire" from Voulez-Vous -- (1979)

14)... “On and On and On” from Super Trouper -- (1980)

15)... “One of Us” from The Visitors -- (1981)

@@@ = Filmed For Film 1 - Then Cut From It

These 3 Songs Will Be Re-used From The 1st Film

A)... “Waterloo” from Waterloo -- (1974)

B)... “Mamma Mia” from ABBA -- (1975)

C)... “Dancing Queen” from Arrival -- (1976)

This Song Has Been in One of The Trailers - But Not Confirmed As Being In Film 2

“I Have a Dream” from Voulez-Vous -- (1979)

Zeus555
zeus555
Superstar

Postby zeus555 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:51 pm

At Digital Spy Forums, someone was saying that he only knows a small number of the ABBA Songs in 'Mamma Mia! 2'. That the 2nd
Film could end up only appealing to ABBA Fans, due to lack of familiarity with many of the Songs in it, I've added Videos of 8 of the,
'less well known', Songs in it, to the 'Mamma Mia! 2' Threads in both the Movies & Music Section there. The 8 Videos are of 'Kisses Of Fire', 'As Good As New', 'I've Been Waiting For You', 'On and On and On', 'When I Kissed The Teacher', 'Bang-A-Boomerang', 'If It Wasn't For The Nights', & 'Why Did It Have To Be Me?'.

Before the 8 Videos I've written this:

I'm aware of the fact that many of the ABBA Songs in Film 2 are not well known. (To people who are not dedicated ABBA Fans).

However, it makes no difference, as to whether Film 2 will be big.

Several of the 'unknown' Songs are so catchy that people can pick up the words & melodies in no time.
Especially if they see the Film more than once, as many people did with Film 1.

You really do not have to know the Songs in a Musical for it to be a success. In 1978, I doubt if most people,
who went to see 'Grease', had previously heard many - or even any - of the Songs in it. It was still a huge Film
& the Soundtrack spent 13 Weeks at No.1 in the UK.

Indeed, the Film 2 ABBA Songs were, (mostly), unknown to ABBA Fans, when they first came out on their Studio
Albums. It did not stop those Albums selling Millions around the World. (The same goes for the ABBA Songs in
Film 1, in 2008).

The ABBA Songs in Film 2 are so catchy, that one would have to be an imbecile not to get the melodies stuck in your
head. ABBA could have had far more than 19 UK Top 10 Hits, (9 at No.1). A lot of their Album Tracks were really strong
enough to be Singles - and this will be a surprise, to those who don't know the Songs, when they see the 2nd Film.

It really matters not that 'Bang-A-Boomerang' is rather silly. It is meant to be a fun sing-a-long Track. ABBA were about
melody & fun really, They never claimed to be Bob Dylan. That is something that many people never get - that ABBA
never wanted to be 'deep' in their Music. It does not make a lot of their Tracks 'rubbish'. Just catchy. That's it.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Zeus555
zeus555
Superstar

Postby NothingFails » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:16 pm

As a huge fan of ABBA's music who only tolerated the original because he liked the songs, I'm actually really interested in this now that I see it isn't just a rehash of the same "ABBA Gold" cuts yet again (like depicted in the trailer) but that it's actually going into the deep album gems that the general public doesn't know the same way they know Waterloo or Dancing Queen.

Plus, Cher is always a plus.
NothingFails
Legend

Postby Spartan » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:56 pm

I am quite looking forward to seeing their lesser known music translated to the big screen. My main issue is that the cover versions are just not a patch on the originals.
Spartan
Legend

Postby menime123 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:44 pm

NothingFails wrote:As a huge fan of ABBA's music who only tolerated the original because he liked the songs, I'm actually really interested in this now that I see it isn't just a rehash of the same "ABBA Gold" cuts yet again (like depicted in the trailer) but that it's actually going into the deep album gems that the general public doesn't know the same way they know Waterloo or Dancing Queen.

Plus, Cher is always a plus.
Cher going to steal this tbf.
Girls Aloud: only 4 years left of my decade long signature countdown to my dream 20th anniversary reunion tour...
menime123
Legend

Postby zeus555 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:59 pm

2 'New' Songs have now been announced for 'Mamma Mia! 2'.

They are 'Super Trouper' & 'Hasta Manana'.

I guess that 'Super Trouper' is in it because Lily James says it is her favourite ABBA Song.

NOTE -- I'm told that Cher will be singing 'Super Trouper', as well as 'Fernando'.

'Hasta Manana' I think is very catchy & soothing. You will probably know, that it was between
it & 'Waterloo', that ABBA planned to enter for the 1974 Eurovision Song Contest. They decided
to go with the up-tempo 'Waterloo', as the Contest had been dominated by Ballads for Decades,
& 'Hasta Manana' was not 'surprising' enough. 'Waterloo' stood out more.

So, that's 8 confirmed Tracks from 'ABBA Gold'. 9 if 'I Have A Dream' is in it, & 10 if 'Chiquitita' is in it.

Plus 5 confimed Tracks from 'More ABBA Gold'.

Plus 7 confirmed Tracks, that are on neither 'ABBA Gold' nor 'More ABBA Gold'.

Making 20 confirmed Tracks & 2 'maybe' Tracks.

It would be a terrible shame if Universal did not release an ABBA Compilation - to tie in with the Film
- that included the 7 Non-Gold Tracks. I'd add in 'Slipping Through My Fingers' too, seeing as a great
many people liked it in Film 1, & it too is on neither 'Gold' CD.

I do hope that we are not going to see Universal concentrating only on promoting 'Gold' again! It really is
time that ABBA's less well known Tracks got attention! After all - several of them are going to be 'sung' -
mostly poorly - in Film 2. At least let ABBA's original's get some attention!

Zeus555
zeus555
Superstar

Postby zeus555 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:57 pm

Although 'Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again' is being released in the USA etc. on Friday 20th July 2018, it will be
released a day earlier, in at least 10 other Countries, & much later in Russia, Japan & Italy. Those 3 Countries
have their own release Dates - all different to each other. I've no idea why those 3 Countries have unique - and
very late - release Dates. The UK also has its own unique release Date - but not as late as Russia, Japan & Italy.

COUNTRIES WITH A RELEASE DATE OF THURSDAY 19th JULY 2018

Argentina, Brazil, Czech Republic, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, The Netherlands, Portugal, & Singapore.

COUNTRIES WITH A RELEASE DATE OF FRIDAY 20th JULY 2018

Bulgaria, Spain, Poland, Sweden, Turkey, USA. & Vietnam.

THE UK's UNIQUE RELEASE DATE

Friday 27th July 2018

RUSSIA's UNIQUE RELEASE DATE

Thursday 16th August 2018

JAPAN's UNIQUE RELEASE DATE

Friday 24th August 2018

ITALY's UNIQUE RELEASE DATE

Thursday 6th September 2018

WHAT 'MAMMA MIA! HERE WE GO AGAIN' IS CALLED IN VARIOUS COUNTRIES

Brazil -- Mamma Mia! Lá Vamos Nós de Novo

Czech Republic -- Mamma Mia: Here We Go Again!

Estonia -- Mamma Mia! Siit me tuleme taas

Hungary -- Mamma Mia! Sose hagyjuk abba

Italy -- Mamma Mia! Ci risiamo

Mexico -- Mamma Mia! Vamos otra vez

Russia -- Мамма Mia 2

Spain -- Mamma Mia! Una y otra vez

Turkey -- Mamma Mia! Yeniden Basliyoruz

Zeus555
zeus555
Superstar

Postby zeus555 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:24 am

It looks like the only way that we will know - for sure - what ABBA Songs are in 'Mamma Mia! 2', is when the Tracks
are 'Officially' announced, in June or July. The 1st 'Mamma Mia!' Film had 21 different ABBA Songs in it. Three of
them were sung twice, ('Mamma Mia', 'Dancing Queen' & 'I Have A Dream'). So there were 24 Songs in it.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

LIST A)... The following ABBA Songs have been confirmed to appear in the
Film -- either by Benny Andersson, or they appeared in the Trailers:

01)... “Waterloo” from Waterloo -- (1974)

02)... “Mamma Mia” from ABBA -- (1975)

03)... “Fernando” Non-Album Single -- (1976)

04)... “When I Kissed the Teacher" from Arrival -- (1976)

05)... “Dancing Queen” from Arrival -- (1976)

06)... "Thank You For The Music" from ABBA: The Album -- (1977)

07)... "I Wonder (Departure)" from ABBA: The Album -- (1977)

08)... "I Have A Dream" from Voulez-Vous -- (1979)

09)... "Angel Eyes" from Voulez-Vous -- (1979)

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

LIST B)... The following ABBA Songs have been mentioned -- by Cast and
Crew Members:

1)... “I’ve Been Waiting For You” from ABBA -- (1975)

2)... “Knowing Me, Knowing You” from Arrival -- (1976)

3)... "Why Did It Have To Be Me?" from Arrival -- (1976)

4)... "The Name Of The Game" from ABBA: The Album -- (1977)

5)... "Kisses Of Fire" from Voulez-Vous -- (1979)

6)... “Super Trouper” from Super Trouper -- (1980)

7)... “One Of Us” from The Visitors -- (1981)

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Zeus555
Last edited by zeus555 on Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:29 am, edited 8 times in total.
zeus555
Superstar

Postby zeus555 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:32 am

On The Internet, the person, (or persons), who up-date the 'Mamma Mia! 2' ABBA Songs, have now added 3 more.
They are in List A - the one which is based on what 'Fans' of ABBA & the Film 'Predict' will be in it! (So, they may not
be in it at all - due to them being 'Guesses'. Except for 'The Name Of The Game', which will definitely be in the Film).

Of the 3 'new' Songs, I like 'Dance (While The Music Still Goes On)' best. I think that 'Head Over Heels' & 'Under Attack'
lack something. I first heard 'Dance (While The Music Still Goes On', on B.B.C. Radio 2, in 1976. It was played as a Track
off 'Greatest Hits'. I really liked it, & I was surprised, as I only knew ABBA from their UK Singles, to that point. I then
realised that their Album Tracks were good too, so I went out & bought 'Greatest Hits'.

THE 3 ABBA SONGS ADDED TO LIST A

1)... “Dance (While The Music Still Goes On)” from Waterloo -- (1974)

2)... “Head Over Heels” from The Visitors -- (1981)

3)... “Under Attack” Non-Album Single -- (1982)

Zeus555
zeus555
Superstar

Postby zeus555 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:17 pm

To feature all 30 ABBA Songs mentioned, (so far), the 2nd 'Mamma Mia!' Film would have to be much longer than
the 1st Film. Obviously, not all of the 30 Songs will be included.

'I Do, I Do, I Do, I Do, I Do' is the latest ABBA Song to be mentioned. It is the 13th Song in List A. (The'Predicted', (by Fans),
List. I've up-dated all 3 Lists, in my earlier Post).

Although it was a big Pan-European Hit, and in the USA, Australia, Canada etc., it only reached No.38 in the U.K.

Alan Jones, (the UK's main 'Chart Expert'), is a big ABBA Fan, but he always said that 'I Do, I Do, I Do, I Do, I Do', was ABBA's:
'Worst ever Single'.

I've never made up my mind about it. I'd say that I 70% like it & 30% dislike it. With it sometimes being 50% like & 50% dislike.

The fact that 'The Greatest Showman' has been the UK's No.1 Album, for the last 11 Weeks, proves that people don't need to
know the Songs in a Musical, for it to be a big success. That also goes for 'Mamma Mia! 2', where many of the ABBA Songs are
not very well known, to most of the 'General Public'. They will be, once people rush to see the Film...

Zeus555
zeus555
Superstar

Postby zeus555 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:29 am

We will just have to wait & see which ABBA Songs are in 'Mamma Mia! 2'.

Some 'Fans' seem to have been making stories up, about which Songs would
be in the 2nd Film. They ended up with 35 possible Songs, in the end!

Obviously, this was untrue, as Film 1 'only' had 21 different ABBA Songs in it
- 24, when 3 of them were sung twice.

There are now just 16 possible ABBA Songs in the 2nd Film which leaves, maybe
8 ABBA Songs, that we've yet to know the Titles of...

Zeus555
zeus555
Superstar

Postby zeus555 » Wed May 02, 2018 3:33 pm

2 further 'Mamma Mia! 2' ABBA Songs have now been announced.

Dominic Cooper has mentioned, (interview), that 'Like An Angel Passing Through My Room' is in the Film.

Lily James has said that 'Head Over Heels' is also in the Film.

That brings the Total of ABBA Songs in the Film to 22. That is 22 that we know of.

There may be 1 or 2 more.

Also - we may have a couple of Songs sung more than once, in the Film.

We shall see...

On Tuesday May 1st Benny confirmed that 'Kisses Of Fire' is in the Film.

Zeus555
zeus555
Superstar

Postby menime123 » Wed May 02, 2018 7:19 pm

Girls Aloud: only 4 years left of my decade long signature countdown to my dream 20th anniversary reunion tour...
menime123
Legend

Postby johnny_d » Sat May 05, 2018 8:29 pm

Omg I’ll actually die if I’ve Been Waiting For You is included. It’s so gorgeous and would be perfect for the movie.
Remember us in AmenJena...

...If we could just go back to the start
johnny_d
Manager

Postby zeus555 » Sat May 05, 2018 11:10 pm

Johnny_d - 'I've Been Waiting For You' is definitely in 'Mamma Mia! 2'.

I'm surprised that another Trailer for the Film was not released - last Week
- to cash in on the Global attention about ABBA recording again.

The last Trailer was Weeks ago.

The UK Premiere is in London on Monday 16th July. We'll see how many of ABBA attend it.

Agnetha is no longer so afraid of flying.

The Film will get a national release on Friday July 20th. (Some sources say Friday July 27th).

Zeus555
zeus555
Superstar

Postby menime123 » Sun May 06, 2018 10:14 am

So does London have the world premiere?
menime123
Legend

Postby zeus555 » Mon May 07, 2018 11:12 am

Menime123 - I don't know where the World Premiere of 'Mamma Mia! 2' will be.

If it is in Sweden, (Stockholm), then that would pretty much guarantee that all 4 ABBA Members
will attend. (Even if it is not in Sweden, ABBA are likely to attend its Swedish Premiere, anyhow).

According to the 'Official' Mamma Mia! 2 Site, the Final Trailer for the Film is out tomorrow
- Tuesday 8th May.

Hopefully, it will showcase more than yet more ABBA Songs from the 1st Film.

A lot of people don't know many ABBA Song & the Trailers are making them think that the
2nd Film is going to be nothing but Songs from Film 1, all over again!

So, far we have had 3 or 4 Trailers & the only 'fresh' ABBA Songs in them were 'Fernando'
& 'Angel Eyes'. The rest have been ABBA Songs from 'Mamma Mia! 1'. I really do think that
a better job should have been done with the Trailers & the ABBA Songs featured in them.....

Zeus555
zeus555
Superstar

Postby zeus555 » Mon May 07, 2018 6:25 pm

I'm told that the UK Premiere of 'Mamma Mia! 2' is also its World Premiere.

It is at the Eventim Apollo, in Hammersmith, London, on Monday 16th July.

The Eventim Apollo has a mixed, (seating & standing), capacity of around 3,500.
It has a capacity of 5,000, if everyone is standing.

Zeus555
zeus555
Superstar

Postby menime123 » Mon May 07, 2018 7:26 pm

zeus555 wrote:I'm told that the UK Premiere of 'Mamma Mia! 2' is also its World Premiere.

It is at the Eventim Apollo, in Hammersmith, London, on Monday 16th July.

The Eventim Apollo has a mixed, (seating & standing), capacity of around 3,500.
It has a capacity of 5,000, if everyone is standing.

Zeus555
It’s an odd choice of venue - it’s a gig venue. The capacity makes sense as it’s bigger than a standard London cinema, but even so... that’s a lot of invites to issue and seats to fill!
menime123
Legend

Postby zeus555 » Wed May 09, 2018 11:38 am

The Final Trailer for 'Mamma Mia! 2' has now been released.

As you can hear, 'Fernando' is the only ABBA Song in it that was not in Film 1.

The rest that are featured are all from Film 1 - 'Waterloo', 'Mamma Mia', 'Dancing Queen'.

By now an awful lot of people will be thinking that 'Fernando' and 'Angel Eyes' are the only ABBA
Songs, in Film 2,. that were not in Film 1. They are the only 2 'fresh' ABBA Songs that have featured
in any of the Trailers. Everything else was in Film 1. It's rather poor marketing, as it makes it look
like Film 2 is nothing but a copy of Film 1...

I'm told that the version of 'When I Kissed The Teacher', from Film 2, is now available on Spotify.
Apparently, the lyrics have been changed, in parts of it.

THE FINAL TRAILER FOR 'MAMMA MIA! 2'

Zeus555
zeus555
Superstar

Postby zeus555 » Wed May 09, 2018 6:20 pm

The 'Mamma Mia! 2' Soundtrack is released on Friday 13th July.

Like the 1st 'Mamma Mia!' Soundtrack it has 18 ABBA Songs on it.

Then the World Premiere of the Film is in London, on Monday 16th July.

Zeus555
zeus555
Superstar

Postby zeus555 » Fri May 11, 2018 12:01 am

Universal have released the Video Clip of 'When I Kissed The Teacher' from 'Mamma Mia! 2'.

As you can hear, the lyrics have been changed in parts. Also, the Teacher is no longer a Male.
They now have a Female as the Teacher.

The routines in the Video, show that a lot of thought has gone into the staging of the Song.
The Film will have no problem to be huge, if the rest of it looks as spectacular - and fun.

People will love the 'Fresh' ABBA Songs in it, as they are strong, but nowhere near as well known
as the 19 Tracks on 'ABBA Gold'.

After all - the 4 or 5 Trailers for the Film made it look like nearly all of the Songs were being repeated
from the 1st 'Mamma Mia!' Film. Only 'Fernando' and 'Angel Eyes' were 'Fresh' in the Trailers.

WHEN I KISSED THE TEACHER -- FROM 'MAMMA MIA! 2'

Zeus555
zeus555
Superstar

Postby Benny » Fri May 11, 2018 10:43 am

Great clip, love it! Lily James is a good singer.
Benny
Legend

Return to Movies