Natalie Wood
Sal Mineo
Jim Backus
Ann Doran
Corey Allen
William Hopper

Trailer

Let's discuss :)
I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?
Erotica
Legend

Postby menime123 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:05 pm

It’s not really that good of a film in all honesty. Had James Dean not died and been amazing in this, it would have easily become one of those lost Hollywood films that gets left behind. It would never have been a classic.

That said, James Dean is an amazing actor and iconic despite only making 3 movies. Sadly Heath Ledger is the modern version - he made more movies, but I still don’t think we saw his best (and what we got was bloody good).

He was super cute though. No wonder Brando had a go :lol:
NO MEN IN ME.
menime123
Legend

Postby Erotica » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:39 pm

I love the movie. James Dean made three important and great movies, this one is my favourite of them. But maybe not his best performance from these three movies.

Sal Mineo is also great in it. I loved his role, his role reminded me of myself a bit, maybe that's why the movie and his story is some sort of special for me :)
I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?
Erotica
Legend

Postby zeus555 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:35 pm

I personally think that 'Rebel Without A Cause' is James Dean's best Film.

On a darker note, it has been called a 'Cursed Film'.

No less than 4 of the younger Cast Members later died tragically.

1)... There was James Dean himself, who died in a car crash, in September 1955 - just a Month before
the Film was released. He was only 24.

2)... Nick Adams was found dead, of a drug overdose, in February 1968. He was only 36.

3)... Sal Mineo was stabbed to death, near his apartment, in February 1976. He was just 37.

4)... Natalie Wood drowned, in November 1981. She was only 43.

So 4 of the main youth characters, in the 1955 Film, never even reached 45 Years old - with 1 never getting to 30, &
2 never reaching 40.

Zeus555
zeus555
Superstar

Postby Erotica » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:41 pm

Yes, that's a really shocking thing :( Miss them, they did a great job. The main problem with these deaths is that they're allso tragic, sometimes mysterious
Erotica
Legend

Return to Movies