The Twilight Saga

Moderators: Spartan, menime123

Postby BehindBreakaway » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:45 pm

So over the past week I've rewatched all the films. I'm a massive fan of the books and generally a fan of the movies as well and I've not watched them in a few years. I even watched Eclipse and Breaking dawn part 2 twice this week. Anyone else fans of the movies?

In terms of my favourites it would probably go Eclipse, Breaking Dawn part 2 (that battle vision is just amazing), Twilight then honestly I'm torn between new moon and breaking dawn part 1. I don't like either that much to be honest. Actually no. New moon is my least favourite. It's just not good. Breaking dawn part 1 is at least watchable.

I don't like any of the 3 lead actors. It's the supporting actors that sell it for me.

The movies get a bad rep, but I honestly don't think they are bad. The books are better though.
3 months and I'm still sober, picked all my weeds but kept the flowers!
BehindBreakaway
Manager

Postby menime123 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:41 am

#TeamEdward.

As a concise story I think 2 is actually great, but overall I think they are very loyal adaptations of enjoyable books. The 5th movie with its vision sequence - there was a cinema full of people shouting and then laughing after we realised we had been duped. Great storytelling, but even better promo because they really went to town to let fans know they had changed the ending.
Girls Aloud: only 4 years left of my decade long signature countdown to my dream 20th anniversary reunion tour...
menime123
Legend

Postby BehindBreakaway » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:51 am

menime123 wrote:#TeamEdward.

As a concise story I think 2 is actually great, but overall I think they are very loyal adaptations of enjoyable books. The 5th movie with its vision sequence - there was a cinema full of people shouting and then laughing after we realised we had been duped. Great storytelling, but even better promo because they really went to town to let fans know they had changed the ending.
Exactly. It was brilliant

I'm always team Edward. I hate Jacob 'kiss me or I'll go battle and die on purpose' Black.
BehindBreakaway
Manager

Postby menime123 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:55 am

He just a brat. A hot brat, but a bad tempered brat all the same :lol:

I still reckon there’s more story to tell here, but for more movies they’ve possibly left it too long - they aren’t supposed to age.
Girls Aloud: only 4 years left of my decade long signature countdown to my dream 20th anniversary reunion tour...
menime123
Legend

Postby BehindBreakaway » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:03 am

menime123 wrote:He just a brat. A hot brat, but a bad tempered brat all the same :lol:

I still reckon there’s more story to tell here, but for more movies they’ve possibly left it too long - they aren’t supposed to age.
I'd love to see the short second life of bree tanner made into a film. It shows that the Volturi knew about Victoria and her building of an army.
BehindBreakaway
Manager

Postby menime123 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:07 am

Yes, I did enjoy that novella. I also enjoyed Midnight Sun... well, the half she officially released on her website. I haven’t read it, but Meyer we-wrote Twilight with role reversals - Beaufort Swan falls in love with Edythe Cullen :lol:
menime123
Legend

Postby BehindBreakaway » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:10 am

[quote="menime123"]Yes, I did enjoy that novella. I also enjoyed Midnight Sun... well, the half she officially released on her website. I haven’t read it, but Meyer we-wrote Twilight with role reversals - Beaufort Swan falls in love with Edythe Cullen :lol:[/quote
Hahaha ill stick to the original. I did enjoy what I read of Midnight Sun.

I'm so so so tempted to watch eclipse or Breaking dawn 2 for the 3rd time tonight. I feel like an actual loser. When I was younger and first got twilight on dvd. I literally watched it every night for months. I didn't have a partner at the time weirdly... :p
BehindBreakaway
Manager

Return to Movies