What Movie Did You Just Watch?

Moderators: Spartan, menime123

Postby SummerPeur » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:04 am

Love, is love, is love. - Kylie M.
Hottest Single All Stars, in the game section.
SummerPeur
Superstar

Postby BlueScorpion » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:57 am

The disaster artist. I was so skeptical but it's a great movie. :D
"Side effects be drowsiness / Loneliness / How is this? / I think they call it hateration / What can you prescribe for this?"
BlueScorpion
Superstar

Postby Yoshie » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:27 pm

I really want to see The Disaster Artist! I'm a huge fan of the Franco brothers and wanted to catch it while it's out, but I don't think that I can find the time to put aside to see it at this moment. Would you recommend it, BlueScorpion?

@jio, I'm glad I could help in some way! I try to be as objective as I can when watching and analysing films, but maybe you'd find something in the horrors I've spoken about that I didn't.

A collection of four short films that I found to be well shot and nicely executed. I thought they were engaging and I enjoyed watching it a lot. I do tend to enjoy anthology collections that box together several works in one piece.
Yoshie
Legend

Postby Yoshie » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:31 pm

BlueScorpion wrote:
Yoshie wrote:Image
Didn't know about this. Thoughts?

I'm still reading the book by Stephen King :)
I thought it was very intriguing and clever, playing on the different ideas that sexual activity can bring about from male and female perspectives. The themes of double identities that the movie deals with is another favourite theme of mine in cinema. Are you enjoying the book? I would definitely recommend the film if so, and Stephen King himself spoke very highly of it.

I'm put off by reading a lot of Stephen King's works myself because I found him to be very smug and unlikeable in the On Writing text he wrote as well as in several interviews I've seen. I guess if anyone was as successful as him, they'd be smug too! :lol: I would like to read and see The Green Mile, though.
Yoshie
Legend

Postby Formusic » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:03 am

After seeing The Disaster Artist, I decided to watch this, totally get why people say it's so bad that it became good :lol: I only saw some clips of it before but the whole thing is just so intriguing.
The yuppies networking, the panic, the vomit, the panic, the vomit, God loves his children, God loves his children...yeah.
Formusic
Manager

Postby BehindBreakaway » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:55 am

Just finished watching Jigsaw. Very enjoyable!
3 months and I'm still sober, picked all my weeds but kept the flowers!
BehindBreakaway
Manager

Postby Yoshie » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:15 pm

A very intriguing take on the typical supernatural horror. It's directed by British-Iranian filmmaker Babak Anvari and concerns a mother and daughter who are haunted by spirits in 1980s Tehran set to a backdrop of war. It has an approach that I don't think would ever be commissioned by a studio in a general Hollywood horror. I think it's fantastic and well worth the watch.
Yoshie
Legend

Postby Yoshie » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:18 pm

BehindBreakaway wrote:Just finished watching Jigsaw. Very enjoyable!
I'm a big fan of the Saw films; in general I think the first three are very strong and then the franchise gets a little repetitious after that, but I still enjoy watching them nonetheless. I thought that the Jigsaw spin-off was incredibly disappointing, though. I think it plays to the franchise's strengths and values the killings over substance of plot, but it takes very few risks and feels like such a thin, uneventful film. I find it an unnecessary additional to the series.
Yoshie
Legend

Postby Spartan » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:03 am

Pitch Perfect 3

Very solid potential final instalment of the franchise. The humour is still firing out of all cylinders. I don’t think I liked the music in this one as much as I did it’s predecessors. Cast are phenomenal though, I really wish Anna Camp was in More projects.
Spartan
Legend

Postby BehindBreakaway » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:19 pm

Yoshie wrote:
BehindBreakaway wrote:Just finished watching Jigsaw. Very enjoyable!
I'm a big fan of the Saw films; in general I think the first three are very strong and then the franchise gets a little repetitious after that, but I still enjoy watching them nonetheless. I thought that the Jigsaw spin-off was incredibly disappointing, though. I think it plays to the franchise's strengths and values the killings over substance of plot, but it takes very few risks and feels like such a thin, uneventful film. I find it an unnecessary additional to the series.
Yeah I completely get that, I just feel like it was a good way to make a few more sequels. The twist got me, however I did guess a couple of things before they happened. The death as well where very inventive and it was a good way to keep Kramer involved.
3 months and I'm still sober, picked all my weeds but kept the flowers!
BehindBreakaway
Manager

Postby spiritboy » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:30 pm

Mesmerizing movie. :cry:
spiritboy
Legend

Postby Yoshie » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:13 am

A Bollywood horror movie concerning a group of friends who spend the night in an abandoned haunted hotel which was previously an insane asylum. The plot is generic and overdone but what intrigued me about it was the fact that it was directed by a Bollywood filmmaker. Horror films directed by non American filmmakers usually have very different qualities to that of a standard Hollywood horror. Unfortunately, there wasn't much to see here; I didn't think it was an interesting film that was worthy of watching, nor was it particularly frightening in a way that set it apart from the standard horror movie.
Yoshie
Legend

Postby Yoshie » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:25 pm

Yoshie
Legend

Postby Yoshie » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:07 pm

Seems I'm the only one posting in this thread. :lol:

Eh. I liked it more than the second and third instalments thanks to Lin Shaye's acting. It was a good call to make her character the central focus of the film. It's for the best that they put the franchise to bed now.
Yoshie
Legend

Postby SummerPeur » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:59 pm

Such a classic :cry:

SummerPeur
Superstar

Postby spiritboy » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:15 pm

spiritboy
Legend

Postby menime123 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:53 am

Such a wonderful film.
Girls Aloud: only 4 years left of my decade long signature countdown to my dream 20th anniversary reunion tour...
menime123
Legend

Postby Colbie » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:24 pm

^ ikr!
Mic Mic Bungee
Colbie
Superstar

Postby Spartan » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:47 pm

^^ It was one of my favourites from last year.

Currently watching The Martian but can’t be arsed to sit through all of it cos I’m tired. It’s a very good movie though.
Spartan
Legend

Postby SummerPeur » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:42 am

SummerPeur
Superstar

Postby spiritboy » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:43 am

spiritboy
Legend

Postby SummerPeur » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:41 pm

^ How was it Spiritboy!!! I'm so tempted to see it!
SummerPeur
Superstar

Postby spiritboy » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:16 am

SummerPeur wrote:^ How was it Spiritboy!!! I'm so tempted to see it!
It was okay i guess, most of the nominees in Best Movie category are better than this. But i'd recommend you to watch it, Meryl did a grea job as usual.
spiritboy
Legend

Postby Yoshie » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:57 pm

An intelligent and sophisticated take on the world of spiritualism. It was beautifully shot and executed. I'm not the biggest fan of Kristen Stewart, but she gives a very accomplished performance in her role too.
Yoshie
Legend

Postby Christinamuse » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:43 pm

Great romantic movie, I've given 9 points.
https://www.smule.com/ChristinaNaumo1

https://www.instagram.com/christinasinglove/

Music creates the feelings which you can't find in life
Christinamuse
Manager

Return to Movies