Inception

Postby Blondini » Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:08 pm

Oh don't think i was having a go. I was just speaking "out loud". :wink: I don't mind seeing the various theories. I just think it takes away from the film if you try to explain everything.
Blondini
Big Time Dreamer

Postby Loki0012 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:28 pm

I watched it and wasnt as impressed the way Shutter Island did to me, overall i think the idea is ambitious and its overall good film. Or is it just because I watched a Pirated , Unclear version of the movie? wherein times i did not hear their conversations
MY PERSONAL CHARTS
NA NA NA NA OH OH
Loki0012
Superstar

Postby Ska8er » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:00 am

Loki0012 wrote:I watched it and wasnt as impressed the way Shutter Island did to me, overall i think the idea is ambitious and its overall good film. Or is it just because I watched a Pirated , Unclear version of the movie? wherein times i did not hear their conversations
Well that surely didn't help!
Rest In Peace Lilly!
Ska8er
Legend

Postby Blondini » Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:07 am

Loki0012 wrote:I watched it and wasnt as impressed the way Shutter Island did to me, overall i think the idea is ambitious and its overall good film. Or is it just because I watched a Pirated , Unclear version of the movie? wherein times i did not hear their conversations
Let that be a lesson!
Blondini
Big Time Dreamer

Postby Pompeii » Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:11 am

Ska8er wrote:
Well that surely didn't help!
:lol: :lol:
Pompeii
Legend

Postby crazyman324 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:53 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
crazyman324
The Ringleader

Postby Muzikritik » Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:38 am

Best movie of the year.

Chris Nolan is the man. I didn't think the concept was overly complicated, I kinda likened it to simply being an RPG game when you dream, with the ability to retract to another level (and back).

Special effects were fantastic without being overdone; cast did a great job (anyone else notice Chris Nolan used 3 of his Batman Begins actors?); incredibly well-shot.
Muzikritik
Legend

Postby Play » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:45 pm

The base idea of the script was just the missing piece on my mind...thank you Nolan!

ps:no sarcasm
Play
Legend

Postby ShayLaB » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:54 pm

Spoiler:

Wedding Ring
ShayLaB
Manager

Postby irishguy28 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:17 am

Finally saw it last night!

A good movie, to be sure, but it would be easy to start tearing it to shreds via its plot holes! I enjoyed it though, so won't do so. But seriously - only a single purser/stewardess assigned to the First Class cabin on a SYD-LAX flight? Pfffft!

It's one of those movies that deserves a second viewing to fill in the gaps (or spot the errors!).

A fantastic ensemble cast, too - I don't usually like diCaprio but he was very watchable in this. I tend to feel similarly lukewarm about Cillian Murphy, too, but I guess it helped he had a relatively minor part (I had no idea he was in the movie before seeing it, I'd deliberately avoided all reviews and spoilers).
irishguy28

Postby tada » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:24 pm

also finally saw it yesterday and it was truly amazing, but honestly mostly due to incredible Leo (my top fav male movie artist), i love his acting so much.
tada
Legend

Postby Murat » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:43 pm

irishguy28 wrote:But seriously - only a single purser/stewardess assigned to the First Class cabin on a SYD-LAX flight? Pfffft!
You do realize that the Asian guy owned the entire Airline company, right? So he could've easily made it so that there was only the one stewardess assigned to their cabin.
Murat
Manager

Postby irishguy28 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:17 pm

Yes, I realise that Murat. But it is something a frequent traveller in the pointy end of the plane would notice as soon as they boarded!
irishguy28

Postby Murat » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:23 pm

How many people were in that first class cabin anyway? It seemed like it was only Leo's crew and that rich dude (forgot his name). 1 stewardess should be just fine for 7/8 people imo.

And hey, it's a movie about planting/stealing idea's from someone's brain. Surely you can accept the fact that there's just 1 stewardess on the plane for the VIPs. :lol: :P
Murat
Manager

Postby irishguy28 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:32 pm

It was a commercial airliner, not the private jet he normally would take. It simply wouldn't happen for any cabin on a scheduled flight - let alone the first cabin - to be serviced by just a single person, even if it was the CSD.

But anyway - wake me up when it's all over :wink:
irishguy28

Postby Blondini » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:41 pm

That stewardess was played by Chris Nolan's first cousin Miranda Nolan.
http://mirandanolan.co.uk/mjn/Miranda%2 ... graphy.htm
Blondini
Big Time Dreamer

Postby tada » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:31 pm

FIRST US DVD SALES
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
run: 3-

sales: 1,447,747 units

kinda slow start, i assume buyers grabbed more BRays
tada
Legend

Postby lee456 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:40 am

Inception is the one of the best movie of Leonardo. The director created this flick with brilliantly and used so many techniques. It difficult to explain it but the movie is really rocking.. :P

NOw I am looking forward to watch The Shadows movie which sound like a horror flick..
lee456
Groupie

Postby joey102 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:53 am

I agree, that's awesome movie!! I couldn't imagine that Ending of this movie would be blast with great entertainment. I didn't blink eyes when the movie was going on!!
joey102
Groupie

Postby dolby » Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:09 am

Inception is one of my favorite movie of DiCaprio.
dolby
Groupie

Postby Blondini » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:25 am

7 whole years for this to make it on to UK network TV. Nolan loves making us wait for it!

I seem to have revised my opinion of this since my first review - it's 10/10 on IMDb for me. Obviously a second viewing at home back in 2010/11(?) helped.
Though i still think the central inception itself could have been stronger. This would make a great Netflix series.
Blondini
Big Time Dreamer

Postby menime123 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:39 am

I watched it a few weeks ago again for the first time in years and agree, that the central inception storyline lacked somewhat. I still love the twist at the end, but I’ll never understand how people were actually confused over the storyline.

I love Leo though. Making him wait so long for an Oscar was criminal. He is so good at picking the right projects - it’s very rare he makes a bad film.
Girls Aloud: Only 5 years until their 20th anniversary reunion tour! (and only 5 years until I can change my signature...)
menime123
Superstar

Return to Movies