A Serbian Film

 

Postby biscuits » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:37 pm

Once you see something, it can't be unseen. So I need to be really sure that I want to watch this first. I must admit, I'm a little bit curious and it definitely raises interesting discussion whenever it is mentioned.
User avatar
biscuits
The Diva
 
Posts: 40769
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010

Postby Serby » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:01 pm

Well, I don't know if it's me not being "sensitive" to films like this, but it's not like your mind is gonna go crazy after watching this. Yes, it's awful at many scenes, but I ended up laughing how movie like this could even been made. :P

p.s. I had to hide behind my eyes pillows just a few times.
User avatar
Serby
Dr. Serby
 
Posts: 34189
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011
Location: Halliwell Manor

Postby joiPrince_JO » Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:03 am

I watched this last night after a friend told me its just "a film about the porn industry". Absolutely terrifying and disgusting.
Girls' Generation
HyoYeonBritney Spears

Girls' Generation is the best-selling girl group of all time.
User avatar
joiPrince_JO
Legend
 
Posts: 10103
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011
Location: Austria

Postby biscuits » Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:01 pm

biscuits wrote:Once you see something, it can't be unseen. So I need to be really sure that I want to watch this first. I must admit, I'm a little bit curious and it definitely raises interesting discussion whenever it is mentioned.
Still haven't seen it 5 years later
User avatar
biscuits
The Diva
 
Posts: 40769
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010

Postby Thriller » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:51 pm

Me either. Thankfully my curiosity isn't strong enough to make me want to.
User avatar
Thriller
Moderator
 
Posts: 67370
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2003
Location: UK

Postby Pawlu84 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:04 pm

I saw it and maybe cause I like/I'm used to horror, but didn't found it shocking.
Pawlu84
Manager
 
Posts: 2510
Joined: Tue May 10, 2011

Postby Serby » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:39 pm

joiPrince_JO wrote:I watched this last night after a friend told me its just "a film about the porn industry". Absolutely terrifying and disgusting.
Lmao sorry but you got scammed af :lol: :lol: :lol:

It kinda is about porn industry, albeit the deep dark disgusting side of it. Unfortunately, stuff like that does exist and happens.
User avatar
Serby
Dr. Serby
 
Posts: 34189
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011
Location: Halliwell Manor

Postby Serby » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:41 pm

What's kinda sad is that lots of people know about Serbia just because of this film. And I'm not even pateiotic at all. Needless to say, this was so hated by Serbian people back in the day.
User avatar
Serby
Dr. Serby
 
Posts: 34189
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011
Location: Halliwell Manor

Postby Spartan » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:43 am

Serby wrote:What's kinda sad is that lots of people know about Serbia just because of this film. And I'm not even pateiotic at all. Needless to say, this was so hated by Serbian people back in the day.
I'm pretty certain 99.9% of people know about Serbia for being Serbia and not just because of this film.
User avatar
Spartan
Legend
 
Posts: 28602
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009

Postby Serby » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:34 pm

Spartan wrote:
Serby wrote:What's kinda sad is that lots of people know about Serbia just because of this film. And I'm not even pateiotic at all. Needless to say, this was so hated by Serbian people back in the day.
I'm pretty certain 99.9% of people know about Serbia for being Serbia and not just because of this film.
Lemme guess, bad guys from the war? :lol: okay, Novak etc.

Lots of people I met obviously don't even know the hell is Serbia (can't blame them lol) and/or that we are still a war zone.
User avatar
Serby
Dr. Serby
 
Posts: 34189
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011
Location: Halliwell Manor

Postby Carbon » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:41 pm

Don't think people remember this movie that much nowadays

I think Slovakia has had it much worse when it comes to being featured in popular movies :lol:
Ја кријам главата под шалот.
Само на веѓите ми се гледа
дека мислам на тебе.


last.fm
User avatar
Carbon
Legend
 
Posts: 20260
Joined: Fri Jul 19, 2013
Location: Zero Point

Postby Serby » Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:12 am

Random, but in both Santa Clarita Diet and iZombie (both Netflix originals and both zombieish) and they mentioned Serbia. Ofc there was a war criminal. :lol:
User avatar
Serby
Dr. Serby
 
Posts: 34189
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011
Location: Halliwell Manor

Postby Odyssey » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:50 am

Serby wrote:What's kinda sad is that lots of people know about Serbia just because of this film. And I'm not even pateiotic at all. Needless to say, this was so hated by Serbian people back in the day.
No, people know about our country on it's own. And being kingdom since 13th century and with so much rich history there is a lot good things to know. Only time I see someone speak negatively about our country is coming from you. Bad mouthing and complaining about all sorts of things you disliked here and a lot of those thing you say are not even true. People will get a wrong impression about Serbia if they listen to you.
User avatar
Odyssey
Personal Assistant
 
Posts: 896
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009

Postby Serby » Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:00 pm

Scalped :lol: :lol: :oops:

Yes, I do admit I'm rather negative abour our country, but there's really not much I like about it (funny cuz literally everyone around me growing up was the total oposite).

(What are the untrue things tho? I geniuely wanna know as its all rather rational in my head :lol: you can PM me maybe)
User avatar
Serby
Dr. Serby
 
Posts: 34189
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011
Location: Halliwell Manor

Return to Movies