Kesha Allegedly Sexually Abused By Dr Luke, Sues Sony

Postby EternalFighter » Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:51 pm

http://pophour.net/scandal-kesha-sexually-abused-dr-luke/

Many outlets are reporting this and her lawyer just made an official statement... :o :cry:

----

LATEST:

t_dot wrote:Judge Won't Let Kesha Escape Dr. Luke Contract

On Friday, pop star Kesha Rose Sebert and songwriter-producer Dr. Luke (Lukasz Gottwald) squared off in a New York courtroom in a contentious dispute where the sanctity of a recording contract is being examined in light of sexual abuse allegations. Dr. Luke has come out ahead.

Kesha, who alleges that Dr. Luke drugged and raped her a decade ago and has committed ongoing abuse, has been pushing for a preliminary injunction that would allow her to record outside of Dr. Luke's purview. Her attorneys have told the judge that the careers of pop stars are short and that if an injunction doesn't issue, the irreparable harm she faces is a ruined career. After being briefed on the arguments, New York Supreme Court Justice Shirley Kornreich was skeptical.

"You're asking the court to decimate a contract that was heavily negotiated and typical for the industry," said the judge to Mark Geragos, the attorney for Kesha, who sat in the back row with her mother Pebe and looked solemn.

Kornreich heard arguments that Dr. Luke had invested a substantial amount — $60 million in her career — and that he had agreed to allow her to record without her involvement. The judge told Geragos that "decimates your argument," adding " My instinct is to do the commercially reasonable thing."
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-es ... ape-867571
EternalFighter
Groupie

Postby jio » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:00 pm

Sleeping with your producer is as old as the music biz itself... abusing her meaning against her will? Well, that seems a bit unlikely especially since she kept on working with that guy for over a decade... it might be true but it certainly doesn't sound like it (especially since she conveniently remembered it now that she wants to break her contract due to commercial reasons as the article suggests)... then again who knows? if it indeed happened, she should either file a lawsuit (for this incident) or just sh*t up. Public lynching is not acceptable.
jio
Legend

Postby Airwrecka » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:07 pm

❄ The brightest flame casts the darkest shadow ❄
Airwrecka
Ace Reject

Postby Hugo » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:10 pm

Uh, sue his ass and get the money to finance a new album :-?
"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
Hugo
HAL 9000

Postby toxicALIENS » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:21 pm

Did anyone actually read the article? :lol: :lol:
Kesha's lawyer, Mark Geragos, made an official press statement :

This lawsuit is a wholehearted effort by Kesha to regain control of her music career and her personal freedom after suffering for ten years as a victim of mental manipulation, emotional abuse and an instance of sexual assault at the hands of Dr. Luke.
BS:TS:IA:NM
toxicALIENS
Superstar

Postby jio » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:22 pm

toxicALIENS wrote:Did anyone actually read the article? :lol: :lol:
Kesha's lawyer, Mark Geragos, made an official press statement :

This lawsuit is a wholehearted effort by Kesha to regain control of her music career and her personal freedom after suffering for ten years as a victim of mental manipulation, emotional abuse and an instance of sexual assault at the hands of Dr. Luke.
Exactly. The lawsuit is about business matters and not about the abuse itself which sounds fishy
jio
Legend

Postby toxicALIENS » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:24 pm

^ You'd think she'd file a police report or something if she was going to go so public with it.

However, if this is true - see no reason to lie (from what I know) - then I feel wholeheartedly for her and hope she's successful :cry:
BS:TS:IA:NM
toxicALIENS
Superstar

Postby MrLeonix » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:39 pm

This lost girl has tried to do everything she can to difamate, destroy, and harm Dr.Luke since she started flopping. I feel sad for this lost and insecure woman, Dr.Luke is the one who should take legal actions against her.
Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . U2 . Radiohead . Lenny Kravitz . Led Zeppelin . Daft Punk . Oasis . Eminem . Metallica . Soda Stereo
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby flopho » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:41 pm

Why are people already picking sides when nobody knows what really happened.
Shame on me for changing...no, shame on you for staying the same
flopho
Legend

Postby Airwrecka » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:41 pm

fpfbm54 wrote:Why are people already picking sides when nobody knows what really happened.
Airwrecka
Ace Reject

Postby toni_pest » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:47 pm

The questionis why would anyone want to sleep with kesha
:)
toni_pest
Coming Soon

Postby Jesper » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:17 pm

MrLeonix wrote:This lost girl has tried to do everything she can to difamate, destroy, and harm Dr.Luke since she started flopping. I feel sad for this lost and insecure woman, Dr.Luke is the one who should take legal actions against her.
Yeah right....
Jesper
Legend

Postby Timmy94 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:40 pm

toni_pest wrote:The questionis why would anyone want to sleep with kesha
I heard that sexual abuse usually doesn't have to do with sexuality but rather the excercise of power...

But as always, we have to stick with innocent until proven guilty (which is why the thread title is everything but unbiased).
Last edited by Timmy94 on Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Je n'ai qu'une philosophie: Être acceptée comme je suis. Malgré tout ce qu'on me dit, je reste le poing levé.

Say no to streaming!
Timmy94
Legend

Postby MonkeyLover21 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:44 pm

fpfbm54 wrote:Why are people already picking sides when nobody knows what really happened.
The winds might blow through me
But I don't care
MonkeyLover21
Manager

Postby DayFusion » Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:25 pm

This.
DayFusion
Superstar

Postby Guru » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:08 pm

#PromoKween

New album? New single? New perfume? :-?
| Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney |
Guru
Guru

Postby Guru » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:10 pm

Timmy94 wrote:[*]
I heard that sexual abuse usually doesn't have to do with sexuality but rather the excercise of power...

But as always, we have to stick with innocent until proven guilty (which is why the thread title is everything but unbiased).
That's mental and psychological abuse. Sexual involves physical bodily touching :wink:
| Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney |
Guru
Guru

Postby Timmy94 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:23 pm

preyan wrote:
Timmy94 wrote:[*]
I heard that sexual abuse usually doesn't have to do with sexuality but rather the exercise of power...

That's mental and psychological abuse. Sexual involves physical bodily touching :wink:
But even if it does, it doesn't have to be sexually motivated, sometimes people rape other people not due to sexual needs but because they want to exercise power (usually because they are dominated by other people or because of a certain trauma).
Je n'ai qu'une philosophie: Être acceptée comme je suis. Malgré tout ce qu'on me dit, je reste le poing levé.

Say no to streaming!
Timmy94
Legend

Postby DayFusion » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:43 pm

preyan wrote:#PromoKween

New album? New single? New perfume? :-?
:lol:

I feel really sorry for her, if that's true, tho.
DayFusion
Superstar

Postby Carbon » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:48 pm

idk what to think about this. I love her, but it's a bit fishy to me. if she's lying about this, it's a horrible thing to do. if she's not lying, then he's a horrible person BUT I wonder why she waited until now to say something. would she have kept quiet if she hadn't started flopping?

but I won't conclude anything from this, we know too little to judge
Ја кријам главата под шалот.
Само на веѓите ми се гледа
дека мислам на тебе.

last.fm
Carbon
Legend

Postby DayFusion » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:30 pm

mrlemonade wrote:if she's not lying, then he's a horrible person BUT I wonder why she waited until now to say something. would she have kept quiet if she hadn't started flopping?
I do the same question here. Idk...
DayFusion
Superstar

Postby MrLeonix » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:47 pm

Yeah I wonder the same thing, if she was so abused then why she didn't do all of these lawsuits during the "Tik tok" days? :roll: . . I mean why now?.
Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . U2 . Radiohead . Lenny Kravitz . Led Zeppelin . Daft Punk . Oasis . Eminem . Metallica . Soda Stereo
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby MusicRecords » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:05 am

Yeah I'm not picking sides cause idk what really happened, but it bring out a lot of questions. I mean why would she make something up like that if it weren't true? I'm sure she knows that it would be a huge risk and if it really is not true then it'll damage her career badly...very bad, worse than her current status. She should be aware of all of this, which leads to the question..why would she even risk lying about that? On the other hand it is strange that she brings this up now, but it does fit in, she has been against Dr. Luke for a while now and we all know there's so much more to this. But guys think about it, most people who are abused don't go out telling everyone right away, a lot keep it to themselves because they're scared or something, go through depression etc. If it's true then we shouldn't keep questioning why now, we should consider that she might have gone through depression and stuff...
MusicRecords
Superstar

Postby JimJim » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:43 am

This is causing quite a stir in the media here, not sure if mentioned already, but he is counter-suing her for defamation:

Channel V wrote: Kesha has filed a lawsuit against producer Dr. Luke, claiming he was sexually, physically, and emotionally abusive towards her for a period spanning 10 years.

TMZ obtained the lawsuit which features a number of claims; among the most troubling are that he allegedly forced her to snort "something" before boarding a plane, after which he forced himself upon her, and that he gave her what he deemed "sober pills" after an evening of drinking - she woke the next afternoon naked and sore in his bed with no memory of events.

Referring to that alleged incident, the lawsuit states: "Ms. Sebert took the pills and woke up the following afternoon, naked in Dr. Luke's bed, sore and sick, with no memory of how she got there. Ms. Sebert immediately called her mother and made a 'fresh complaint,' telling her that she was naked in Dr. Luke's hotel room, she did not know where the clothes were, that Dr. Luke had raped her, and that she needed to go to the emergency room."

There are also claims of a violent attack in his Malibu house, which forced her to flee barefoot down the highway and hide in the mountains.

Kesha's lawyer, Mark Geragos, told TMZ (presumably after they broke the story): "This lawsuit is a wholehearted effort by Kesha to regain control of her music career and her personal freedom after suffering for ten years as a victim of mental manipulation, emotional abuse and an instance of sexual assault at the hands of Dr. Luke.

"The facts presented in our lawsuit paint a picture of a man who is controlling and willing to commit horrible acts of abuse in an attempt to intimidate an impressionable, talented, young female artist into submission for his personal gain. Kesha is focused on moving her life and her career beyond this terrible time."

As part of her suit she is requesting to be let out of her contract with the producer - Dr. Luke countersued hours later, claiming this was actually the reason for her case, and that it was concocted by Kesha's mother (who co-wrote a few of her hits) and a new management company. His lawsuit claims the pop star is attempting to exhort him, and has threatened to do so in the past.

His lawyer, Christine Lepera, told TMZ that Kesha's lawsuit is part of a wider campaign "of publishing outrageous and untrue statements." He also used the word "scurrilous."

Kesha's attorney quickly rubbished the countersuit, telling TMZ: "This is just another pathetic and entirely predictable example of Dr. Luke's continued abuse, and a misguided attempt to keep Kesha under his tyrannical control. This lawsuit has absolutely no basis in fact, the law or reality. Kesha is focused on reclaiming her voice and her freedom. She is determined to move on with her life and her career by putting this dark period behind her."
JimJim
Elusive Chanteuse

Postby Airwrecka » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:06 am

Well, this is certainly turning ugly.

MusicRecords wrote:Yeah I'm not picking sides cause idk what really happened, but it bring out a lot of questions. I mean why would she make something up like that if it weren't true? I'm sure she knows that it would be a huge risk and if it really is not true then it'll damage her career badly...very bad, worse than her current status. She should be aware of all of this, which leads to the question..why would she even risk lying about that? On the other hand it is strange that she brings this up now, but it does fit in, she has been against Dr. Luke for a while now and we all know there's so much more to this. But guys think about it, most people who are abused don't go out telling everyone right away, a lot keep it to themselves because they're scared or something, go through depression etc. If it's true then we shouldn't keep questioning why now, we should consider that she might have gone through depression and stuff...
The problem is she's done some pretty questionable things in the past, which is why people are suspicious of her integrity. But as MusicRecords said, most people who are abused don't come forward initially. The thing is, abuse is very difficult to understand unless you have personally experienced it. Although sexual abuse has clear physical implications, the emotional and mental health implications are often far more complex. If Ke$ha is telling the truth, then she probably has experienced a strong internal fear of speaking out. Sexual predators have a way of exerting a hold or power over the person which leaves them permanently scared. That's why so many either get away with it, or are not identified until many years after. If she is telling the truth, then she should be applauded for her courage in coming forward. Of course, if she is lying, then the stupid woman would deserve everything that's comes her way.
Airwrecka
Ace Reject

Return to Celebrity Gossip