Super Bowl 2018 Halftime Topic

Moderators: biscuits, Benjamin

Postby MrLeonix » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:56 pm

MusicRecords wrote:Tbh I don’t even know other songs besides Mirrors, Suit& tie and that feeling song :lol:
"Cry me a river", "Sexyback" and "What goes around ... Comes around" were like everywhere as well. Its ironic you say you know "Suit & tie" when that song was actually much less popular than the ones I mentioned.

I hate most of his first / debut era tho, the only thing that I can stand from it is "Cry me a river", it was a really fresh tune at the time but everything else from his debut album is just horrible to me. I enjoyed much more the stuff from his second album / era. I did enjoy "Suit & tie" and "Mirrors" as well but I didn't like his 4th album (the second part of the 20/20 experience) at all.
Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby MusicRecords » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:01 pm

^I think its because I was too young to live thorough those songs and enjoy them when they came out, I was like 10 :lol: but yes once I read them I do associate them with him 8-)
Follow me on Instagram

trebor wrote:16. MusicRecords: #Mess #BV #Bish #YSL #STFU #Sis #LOL #$$$ #FrequentFlyerSpammer #I&I&I
MusicRecords
HRH King Nick III

Postby Bojan » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:19 pm

That's normal. I don't know any song by Justin Bieber and only one by Taylor Swift. I'm young but I never cared for some reason. It's like, when I see a name of an artist I'm not interested in, I just skip it and forget it. It's impulsive, I'm not even thinking about it. But I know all songs by some artists that were working way before I was even born. :lol:
JanetMade for Now
Kelela • King Krule • Solange • Abul Mogard • SZA • The xx • Tame Impala
Bojan
Manager

Postby Bojan » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:20 pm

ET: Janet Jackson Open to Performing at Super Bowl With Justin Timberlake -- If He Asks, Source Says (Exclusive)

Whether or not Janet Jackson will guest with Justin Timberlake during his Super Bowl LII halftime show is unclear -- but she's open to it.

A source close to Jackson tells ET that the singer has not been approached by Timberlake or anyone from his team to join him onstage.

“The door is wide open,” the source says. “If Justin or his team did reach out, Janet would perform with him again in a minute.”

After the "Can't Stop the Feeling" singer was announced as the performer for the 2018 show, everyone's first thought was his infamous 2004 wardrobe malfunction incident with Jackson -- which is undoubtedly one of the most memorable halftime moments in Super Bowl history.

"That won't happen this time," Timberlake said during a quick interview on NBC Sunday Night Football, leading some to speculate that the league may have nixed the option to have Jackson and Timberlake take the stage together again.

"There’s no ban," a league spokesperson told ET on Monday. "We are not going to comment on any speculation regarding potential guests. There may be no guests. Along with Pepsi, we’re excited to have Justin Timberlake."

"Like the elite NFL players who can run, catch, and block, Justin can do it all – sing, dance, act and entertain," the spokesperson added. "He’s the ultimate global superstar who we know will put on an entertaining and unifying show that will appeal to the massive worldwide audience."

So ultimately... it doesn't sound like the reunion is going to happen, but we can't say "Bye, Bye, Bye" to the notion entirely. But on that note, the other rumored guest appearance on everyone's mind has to be *NSYNC!
http://www.etonline.com/janet-jackson-o ... sive-89701
JanetMade for Now
Bojan
Manager

Postby MusicRecords » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:23 pm

^bish better ask her :lol:
Follow me on Instagram

trebor wrote:16. MusicRecords: #Mess #BV #Bish #YSL #STFU #Sis #LOL #$$$ #FrequentFlyerSpammer #I&I&I
MusicRecords
HRH King Nick III

Postby MrLeonix » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:29 pm

Honestly I feel like Justin would like to invite Janet and make some justice to her for what happened years ago .... But I think the NFL, his team and a bunch of executives will forbid him to do it , they say there's no ban, but lets apply some logic, its not like they'll publicly admit and say "yes, we banned her", its like when an artist cancels a concert, they always gonna say "production issues" no one will ever say "due to flopping / low sales", they won't ever admit it! Janet is pretty much banned, the facts and they way she's been treated speaks for itself.
Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby MusicRecords » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:31 pm

MrLeonix wrote:Honestly I feel like Justin would like to invite Janet and make some justice to her for what happened years ago .... But I think the NFL, his team and a bunch of executives will forbid him to do it , they say there's no ban, but lets apply some logic, its not like they'll publicly admit and say "yes, we banned her", its like when an artist cancels a concert, they always gonna say "production issues" no one will ever say "due to flopping / low sales", they won't ever admit it! Janet is pretty much banned, the facts and they way she's been treated speaks for itself.
For his to not get a bad rep from his performance its in his best interest to invite her but I get what you're saying...
Follow me on Instagram

MusicRecords
HRH King Nick III

Postby Hugo » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:49 pm

If Janet is invited then it'll be the can't miss event of the year, even though they're both average performers at this point.

Janet could rip JT's pants at the end of it and... let's see, what's the equivalent? Show JT's wearing a cockring? :lol:
"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
Hugo
HAL 9000

Postby Erotica » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:53 pm

I am sure he will perform the bad songs like Can't stop the feeling, Suit & Tie and so on :(
I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?
Erotica
Legend

Postby KKKIMO92 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:20 pm

Janet didn't even bother to do any promote and performance, I don't buy why she open to guest in Justin's show. She has got the money and good touring power, even though she appears, she will not get any hit in the near future. Pointless to appear. A source, don't think anybody can speak of her unless is coming from her rep.
KKKIMO92
Groupie

Postby urbanmusik » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:44 pm

Scream at everyone taking Hugo's joke seriously :lol: :lol:. Just came in here to pull the same Until the End of Time stunt.

01 My Love (feat. T.I.)
~ T.I. set ~
02 What You Know
03 Why You Wanna
04 Whatever You Like
05 Dead & Gone (feat. Justin Timberlake)
06 Castle Walls (2018 Edit) [feat. Christina Aguilera & Justin Timberlake]
~ Mickey Mouse club reunion feat. Christina Aguilera, Britney Spears & Ryan Gosling (with special guest Cathy Dennis) ~
07 Touch Me (All Night Long) [Dance Off]
08 Not Myself Tonight
09 Boys (Co-Ed Remix) [feat. Pharrell]
10 Can't Stop the Feeling! / Happy (Mash-Up) [feat. Pharrell, Britney Spears & Christina Aguilera)
~ Britney & Justin (costume change - double denim) ~
11 Cry Me a River
12 Mona Lisa
13 Break the Ice
14 Everytime
~ Britney piano outro ~
~ Timbaland megamix feat. Missy Elliott, Nelly Furtado, Missy Elliott, Ginuwine & Tweet
15 Beep Me 911 (feat. 702 & Magoo)
16 Oops (Oh My)
17 Promiscuous
18 Give it to Me
19 Pony / None of Ur Friends Business
~ Destiny's Child reunion feat. special guests LeToya & LaTavia ~
20 Get on the Bus
21 Partition
22 Blow
23 Drunk in Love
24 Rocket / How Does it Feel (feat. D'Angelo)
25 Soldier (feat. T.I.)
26 Until the End of Time / Kitty Kat
~ Beyoncé goes home ~
~ *NSYNC reunion* ~

27 Girlfriend (Neptunes Remix) [feat. Nelly Furtado]
28 Work It (feat. Nelly Furtado)
~ Janet apology ~
~ Janet Jackson set ~

29 (And She Said) Take Me Now
30 Go Deep (Timbaland Remix) [feat. Missy Elliott)
31 Janet's New Single
~ Janet vs Justin dance off ~
~ Britney piano reprise ~

32 LoveStoned / I Think That She Knows
33 My Love (feat. T.I.) [reprise]
urbanmusik
The College Dropout

Postby biscuits » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:03 am

MusicRecords wrote:I’m all for u guys commenting since it looks like I’ll get the News chart #1 but don’t start stan wars please :)
You’re so obsessed with these forum charts
biscuits
The Diva

Postby biscuits » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:05 am

Most people watching his show are gonna be thinking of Janet.
biscuits
The Diva

Postby Bojan » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:38 am

As always. Every SB performance will always be in Janet's shadow.
JanetMade for Now
Bojan
Manager

Postby BlueScorpion » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:55 am

I'll watch his performance later, this time I won't do it live. Too boring and he lacks that legendary catalog or anthems. Hope he brings someone to the stage to spice things up a lil bit.
"Side effects be drowsiness / Loneliness / How is this? / I think they call it hateration / What can you prescribe for this?"
BlueScorpion
Superstar

Postby Serby » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:53 am

Hes bringing sexy(sm) back YEAH
be kind to every kind
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby Guru » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:28 am

BlankSpace wrote:
Hugo wrote:My dream Justin Timberlake set list is something like:

1. Until The End of Time (feat. Beyoncé)

and since Beyoncé's there...

2. Yoncé
3. Freedom
4. Drunk In Love
5. Sorry
6. ***Flawless
7. All Night

Perfect.
No All Night please im fine with the rest of set list
Hugooooo :lol:
| Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney |
Guru
Guru

Postby GreekGeek » Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:26 am

Tbh i do not want guest performers on his show. He can do it alone. He has the power to support it.
Lady GaGa did it also this way and it was a brilliant show!
And the 8th day God created KYLIE!!! <3
GreekGeek
Superstar

Postby joiPrince_JO » Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:40 am

GreekGeek wrote:Tbh i do not want guest performers on his show. He can do it alone. He has the power to support it.
Well, Lady Gaga has actual hit songs.
Girls' Generation
HyoYeonBritney Spears

Girls' Generation is the best-selling girl group of all time.
joiPrince_JO
Legend

Postby LittleLinda » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:23 am

biscuits wrote:
MusicRecords wrote:I’m all for u guys commenting since it looks like I’ll get the News chart #1 but don’t start stan wars please :)
I didn't even know such a thing existed. :lol:
LittleLinda
Manager

Postby GreekGeek » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:42 am

joiPrince_JO wrote:
GreekGeek wrote:Tbh i do not want guest performers on his show. He can do it alone. He has the power to support it.
Well, Lady Gaga has actual hit songs.
JT also has. :wink:
GreekGeek
Superstar

Postby Jesper » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:24 am

I feel his setlist will be

01. Sexyback
02. Like I Love You
03. My Love
04. Choir doing an What Goes Around/Come Around intro / Cry Me a River
05. Señorita (With a famous female cameo for those singalong parts)
06. Rock Your Body
07. Suit & Tie
08. New song
09. Can't Stop The Feeling (with celeb cameos dancing with him)
10. Mirrors
Jesper
Legend

Postby MusicRecords » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:36 am

biscuits wrote:
And you’re so obsessed with Janet you act more like a grumpy stan sometimes instead of a mod :P
Follow me on Instagram

MusicRecords
HRH King Nick III

Postby GreekGeek » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:44 am

If he invites someone to perform, i think it would be great if that someone was Nelly Furtado. :) :cry:
GreekGeek
Superstar

Postby DnBLover » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:53 am

Don't you think Janet will perform too?
I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room
DnBLover
Legend

Return to Celebrity Gossip