Super Bowl 2018 Halftime Topic

Moderators: biscuits, Benjamin

Postby Rihab » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:28 pm

Debs_Wild wrote:
Rihab wrote:he isn’t particularly nice to look at either :-?
Bitch, please. Do you believe the words that are coming out of your mouth? Justin is one of the hottest men on Earth.
what part of him?

face? no. hair? no. style? hell no. personality? idk. body? can't tell because..

Rihab
Legend

Postby MusicRecords » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:02 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Tbh JT seems like the type of guy who would make sex awkward and weird af
Follow me on Instagram

trebor wrote:16. MusicRecords: #Mess #BV #Bish #YSL #STFU #Sis #LOL #$$$ #FrequentFlyerSpammer #I&I&I
MusicRecords
Legend

Postby Debs_Wild » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:15 pm

Rihab wrote:
Debs_Wild wrote:
Rihab wrote:he isn’t particularly nice to look at either :-?
Bitch, please. Do you believe the words that are coming out of your mouth? Justin is one of the hottest men on Earth.
what part of him?

face? no. hair? no. style? hell no. personality? idk. body? can't tell because..

He is a hawt daddy. The things I'd do to him... are better left unsaid. :P
Debs_Wild
Manager

Postby Thriller » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:02 pm

One of the most safe, pedestrian half-time performances I've seen I think. His mic was far too quiet.

I liked it when the town turned purple and the symbol appeared, I thought that was really touching, but if Prince was known for disapproving of such tributes then that should've been respected really.
Thriller

Postby Hugo » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:21 pm

https://www.thedailybeast.com/justin-ti ... l-disaster

So far, most reviews I've read are overwhelmingly negative like this one. Don't even feel like watching so I'll save you from my probable "hate".

I'll watch the SB when they decide to bring relevant artists to sing the national anthem and perform, 'cause it's what this huge event deserves.
"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
Hugo
HAL 9000

Postby jio » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:38 pm

Well, the good thing about it was that there was an obvious effort to make it more "live" and less "music-video"-like than usual. Also the fact that the camera focused on Justin's interaction with the crowd was clever because nothing too interesting was happening on stage. I do like most of Justin's hits but I do not like Justin because he comes across as an impersonator and not an artist and that performance wasn't an exception. I also disliked he wasted two songs walking towards the stage, that was lazy and the crappy ending with the kid looked like the perfect parody of the whole thing.

I also would really love to drag him to the mud for the Prince part but I can't since that part made me really emotional. But it did't make me like or respect Justin any more than I do (or dont)
jio
Legend

Postby MrLeonix » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:51 pm

The reception has been extremely negative. I watched it and I think it needed more of a cooler stage production, it was very simple (in a bad way) for Super Bowl compared to recent shows, some of the songs were not made proper justice (such as "Cry me a river" which could have been an actual epic visual moment yet it was thrown there like a quick remix), the outfit was really bad.

I feel quite bad because It was not entirely his fault, his difectors and team were definately not doing justice to the overall production.
Last edited by MrLeonix on Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . U2 . Radiohead . Lenny Kravitz . Led Zeppelin . Daft Punk . Oasis . Eminem . Metallica . Soda Stereo
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby Goldmoney » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:55 pm

This was never going to be anything more than second-rate mediocrity without a Janet redemption performance.
Goldmoney
Legend

Postby biscuits » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:10 pm

MrLeonix wrote:The reception has been extremely negative. I watched it and I think it needed more of a cooler stage production, it was very simple (in a bad way) for Super Bowl compared to recent shows, some of the songs were not made proper justice (such as "Cry me a river" which could have been an actual epic visual moment yet it was thrown there like a quick remix), the outfit was really bad.

I feel quite bad because I was not entirely his fault, his difectors and team were definately not doing justice to the overall production.
Don’t feel too bad, he was privileged enough to have been invited to perform
biscuits
The Diva

Postby BlueScorpion » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:30 pm

Janet played her cards right - the moment she announced she wouldn't perform ratings went down the toilet :lol:
"Side effects be drowsiness / Loneliness / How is this? / I think they call it hateration / What can you prescribe for this?"
BlueScorpion
Superstar

Postby TIfan » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:32 pm

I'm glad she announced it.

But we know Janet would have brought in great numbers. People claim she wouldn't, but they don't understand business, and Americans. She would gave the most hyped performance.
TIfan
Legend

Postby biscuits » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:35 pm

Ratings for the Superbowl were the lowest since 2010, 8 years. But not sure if that's for the halftime show too.
biscuits
The Diva

Postby innocenteyes » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:20 pm

Didn't find it enjoyable at all and very underwhelming to be honest. Previous years were much better.

Not surprised by all the negative comments.
innocenteyes
Legend

Postby KEY9481 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:31 pm

Drag him.
5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016
KEY9481
Manager

Postby Serby » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:44 pm

Lmao im such a hater but I live :lol:
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby Rihab » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:49 pm

biscuits wrote:Ratings for the Superbowl were the lowest since 2010, 8 years. But not sure if that's for the halftime show too.
Do these ratings include streaming?

Either way it’s not really a surprise as TV ratings have been going down for years and will only keep going down from here. People watch less TV and more Netflix, Prime etc now. Can’t blame Justin or the NFL for that.
Rihab
Legend

Postby bm08 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:50 pm

BlueScorpion wrote:Janet played her cards right - the moment she announced she wouldn't perform ratings went down the toilet :lol:
To be fair, NFL ratings have been dropping this season in general.

I am not sure Janet could pull in massive numbers either.
bm08
Superstar

Postby Wayne » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:38 pm

But the number still represents the smallest audience for a Super Bowl since 2010 — when the New Orleans Saints and the Indianapolis Colts pulled down a 46.4 overnight.

If previous numbers are any indication, the final tally from Nielsen should peg the total number of viewers at somewhere around 108 million.

https://www.mediaite.com/online/super-b ... ince-2010/
Still the seventh highest rated Super Bowl of all-time if it overnights at 108m.

That people expect previous numbers to continue to grow against a declining TV model...nothing else in the US gets close to these numbers.
Wayne
Administrator

Postby MusicRecords » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:02 pm

Yasss Katy still has the views record 8-)
Follow me on Instagram

trebor wrote:16. MusicRecords: #Mess #BV #Bish #YSL #STFU #Sis #LOL #$$$ #FrequentFlyerSpammer #I&I&I
MusicRecords
Legend

Postby nekoocz » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:18 pm

I liked his performance
nekoo.cz - follow me
nekoocz
Legend

Postby MusicRecords » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:58 pm

bm08 wrote:
BlueScorpion wrote:Janet played her cards right - the moment she announced she wouldn't perform ratings went down the toilet :lol:
To be fair, NFL ratings have been dropping this season in general.

I am not sure Janet could pull in massive numbers either.
I think it's more about the bad history they had and if they had performed together im sure more people would've been interested in the performance, and I mean the gp not just Janet fans who some probably boycotted viewing the show, the 2004 news would surface again and be a way to promote the their performance together again had it happened, oddly enough
Follow me on Instagram

MusicRecords
Legend

Postby MusicRecords » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:59 pm

biscuits wrote:
MrLeonix wrote:The reception has been extremely negative. I watched it and I think it needed more of a cooler stage production, it was very simple (in a bad way) for Super Bowl compared to recent shows, some of the songs were not made proper justice (such as "Cry me a river" which could have been an actual epic visual moment yet it was thrown there like a quick remix), the outfit was really bad.

I feel quite bad because I was not entirely his fault, his difectors and team were definately not doing justice to the overall production.
Don’t feel too bad, he was privileged enough to have been invited to perform
Follow me on Instagram

MusicRecords
Legend

Postby BlueScorpion » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:28 pm

I'm glad Janet survived the temptation of a redemption with him. I wouldn't like to see her associated with this bad press.
"Side effects be drowsiness / Loneliness / How is this? / I think they call it hateration / What can you prescribe for this?"
BlueScorpion
Superstar

Postby NothingFails » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:32 pm

Wayne is correct, tv viewership is down all across the board. I mean, you could summon Michael Jackson's ghost to come back for a one-time performance and even then it still won't bring ratings up to what they once were.
NothingFails
Legend

Postby MusicRecords » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:33 pm

BlueScorpion wrote:I'm glad Janet survived the temptation of a redemption with him. I wouldn't like to see her associated with this bad press.
Wasn't him the one who was a bish and didn't really want her in his show though? :lol:
Follow me on Instagram

MusicRecords
Legend

Return to Celebrity Gossip