Katy Perry new 'American Idol' judge

Postby trebor » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:12 pm

heppolo wrote:They need something new, in the current pastiche pop music climate I suppose 'Dancehall Idol'', ''Reggaeton Idol'' or ''Faux Latin Pop Idol'' would be more suitable.
Already exploited :wink: : CNCO
trebor
Legend

Postby heppolo » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:18 pm

^Okay.
Is there a "meme idol" or something similar then? It's another of my talent show ideas :lol:
Waffles are checked cookies
heppolo
Legend

Postby Guru » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:14 am

MusicRecords wrote:
heppolo wrote:
Wayne wrote:She's worth $5m at best - can't believe she managed $7m more than a legend like Mariah.
In my opinion, both worth nothing and are talentless.
Wow a bit harsh...they’re def worth something cmon :lol: :lol: :lol:
I know right. I mean, they’re current flops in their career but they are talented. Like it or not :lol:
Doesn’t mean you do not prefer their music that they are talentless :lol:

Anyway, surprised Katy pulled that much. Lionel is a legend and should have been the highest paid on there. This is his fourth decade for his career. And he’s had loads of hits early in his career to cement that paycheck :roll:
| Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney |
Guru
Guru

Postby MusicRecords » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:46 am

I am also a bit shocked how she got more that someone like Lionel
MusicRecords
Superstar

Postby Serby » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:50 pm

What's so shocking? She younger and more currwnt, do tv public really wants to see someone past their peak who's been semiretired for decadea or years.
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby MusicRecords » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:23 pm

Serby wrote:What's so shocking? She younger and more currwnt, do tv public really wants to see someone past their peak who's been semiretired for decadea or years.
Even for a current one though (well she's flopping these days), 25 mil seems a lot for such a deal :lol: but good for her I'd gladly accept it as well! :lol:
MusicRecords
Superstar

Postby Bojan » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:31 pm

It didn't hurt anyone's career so why not?
Bojan
Manager

Postby Wayne » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:23 pm

Serby wrote:What's so shocking? She younger and more currwnt, do tv public really wants to see someone past their peak who's been semiretired for decadea or years.
She got her paycheck based on Prism hype and the sheer desperation of AI - she's worth a fraction of what she got.

At least with Mariah, you get name recognition even if the show's a disaster. :lol:
Wayne
Administrator

Postby stevyy » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:17 pm

who cares?
stevyy
Legend

Postby MusicRecords » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:25 pm

stevyy wrote:who cares?
You cared enough to post :P :P
MusicRecords
Superstar

Postby urbanmusik » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:27 pm

Of course Katy got paid more than her co-stars, Lionel Richie hasn't been relevant in decades and was never exactly respected as a musician and idk who the other guy is.

The reason Katy got paid more than Mariah is because she had more to lose by signing onto Idol. Katy was one of the biggest popstars in the world when she signed, as opposed to Mariah who was transitioning from her comeback into a fanbase/legacy act. Normally signing up to the show is a sign that you're kind of past it as a popstar; signing up to Idol could have easily hurt Katy's career.

I guess that gag is that Katy derailed her own career with Witness before Idol could do it, and ran away with all the money.
Last edited by urbanmusik on Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
urbanmusik
The College Dropout

Postby stevyy » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:28 pm

MusicRecords wrote:
stevyy wrote:who cares?
You cared enough to post :P :P
i meant who cares how much money katy gets... she is a legend... she even deserves more. :D
stevyy
Legend

Postby stevyy » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:29 pm

urbanmusik wrote:Of course Katy got paid more than her co-stars, Lionel Richie hasn't been relevant in decades and was never exactly respected as a musician and idk who the other guy is.

The reason Katy got paid more than Mariah is because she had more to lose by signing onto Idol. Katy was one of the biggest popstars in the world when she signed, as opposed to Mariah who was more of a fanbase act at the time. Normally signing up to the show is a sign that you're kind of past it as a popstar; signing up to Idol could have easily hurt Katy's career.

I guess that gag is that Katy derailed her own career with Witness before Idol could do it, and ran away with all the money.
they only hired mariah so they could foil her. :cry:
stevyy
Legend

Postby BlueScorpion » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:49 am

MusicRecords wrote:I am also a bit shocked how she got more that someone like Lionel
Me too. He's far more important than her and it's an insult the amount they're favoring her.
BlueScorpion
Manager

Postby Jesper » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:58 am

They are not favoring her :lol:
Katy's deal was secured and sealed before they searched for other judges. It was a fail to begin with, most of the budget basically already was Katy;s. So they only had a little money left for the rest of the judges. Whether it is fair or not is an other story :lol: :lol:

Even if they wanted to give Lionel a bigger cut, they couldn't, because the deal with Katy was already set and done before Lionel got approached.
Jesper
Legend

Postby ArmyOfMe » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:06 am

Katy is already the definition of "uncool" to the general public, so I think it's a good choice for American Idol.
ArmyOfMe
Superstar

Postby Goldmoney » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:08 am

Did Witness even make half of those profits back?
Goldmoney
Legend

Postby MusicRecords » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:04 am

stevyy wrote:
urbanmusik wrote:Of course Katy got paid more than her co-stars, Lionel Richie hasn't been relevant in decades and was never exactly respected as a musician and idk who the other guy is.

The reason Katy got paid more than Mariah is because she had more to lose by signing onto Idol. Katy was one of the biggest popstars in the world when she signed, as opposed to Mariah who was more of a fanbase act at the time. Normally signing up to the show is a sign that you're kind of past it as a popstar; signing up to Idol could have easily hurt Katy's career.

they only hired mariah so they could foil her. :cry:
:lol: :lol: watch out for the lamb attacks
MusicRecords
Superstar

Postby stevyy » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:40 pm

ArmyOfMe wrote:Katy is already the definition of "uncool" to the general public, so I think it's a good choice for American Idol.
I think she is pretty cool. :wink:
stevyy
Legend

Postby Serby » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:46 pm

BlueScorpion wrote:
MusicRecords wrote:I am also a bit shocked how she got more that someone like Lionel
Me too. He's far more important than her and it's an insult the amount they're favoring her.
Insult lmao
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby Hugo » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:56 pm

Serby wrote:
BlueScorpion wrote:
Insult lmao
He's saying that because Lionel uses a certain someone as an opening act, but then again he had a #1 album that sold +1 million copies this decade and not everybody can relate to that.

Katy's collecting money and still has #1 albums, resourceful.
"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
Hugo
HAL 9000

Postby stevyy » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:09 pm

Hugo wrote:
Serby wrote:
BlueScorpion wrote:
Insult lmao
He's saying that because Lionel uses a certain someone as an opening act, but then again he had a #1 album that sold +1 million copies this decade and not everybody can relate to that.

Katy's collecting money and still has #1 albums, resourceful.
your tea is actually cold and smells bitter. Not everyone had a multi-platinum single this decade.... or another one which peaked in the top 5 or at #1 in basically 30 out of 45 european countries.
stevyy
Legend

Postby heppolo » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:47 pm

^Most of ''American Idol'' audience wouldn't find Europe on the map even if their lives had depended on it.
Waffles are checked cookies
heppolo
Legend

Postby BlueScorpion » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:48 pm

What to expect of someone that had his a** banned for a week for constant trolling? :lol:
BlueScorpion
Manager

Postby Hugo » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:29 pm

BlueScorpion wrote:What to expect of someone that had his a** banned for a week for constant trolling? :lol:
Fake News.

I was banned because I posted a 13 Reasons Why snapshot.
"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
Hugo
HAL 9000

Return to Celebrity Gossip