Katy Perry new 'American Idol' judge

 

Postby trebor » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:12 pm

heppolo wrote:They need something new, in the current pastiche pop music climate I suppose 'Dancehall Idol'', ''Reggaeton Idol'' or ''Faux Latin Pop Idol'' would be more suitable.
Already exploited :wink: : CNCO
Image
User avatar
trebor
Legend
 
Posts: 10565
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2014

Postby heppolo » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:18 pm

^Okay.
Is there a "meme idol" or something similar then? It's another of my talent show ideas :lol:
Waffles are checked cookies
User avatar
heppolo
Legend
 
Posts: 13415
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009
Location: interchangeable

Postby Guru » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:14 am

MusicRecords wrote:
heppolo wrote:
Wayne wrote:She's worth $5m at best - can't believe she managed $7m more than a legend like Mariah.
In my opinion, both worth nothing and are talentless.
Wow a bit harsh...they’re def worth something cmon :lol: :lol: :lol:
I know right. I mean, they’re current flops in their career but they are talented. Like it or not :lol:
Doesn’t mean you do not prefer their music that they are talentless :lol:

Anyway, surprised Katy pulled that much. Lionel is a legend and should have been the highest paid on there. This is his fourth decade for his career. And he’s had loads of hits early in his career to cement that paycheck :roll:
| Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney |
User avatar
Guru
Guru
 
Posts: 22616
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006
Location: On ukmix.org

Postby MusicRecords » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:46 am

I am also a bit shocked how she got more that someone like Lionel
User avatar
MusicRecords
Superstar
 
Posts: 9433
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012
Location: New York City & Vienna

Postby Serby » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:50 pm

What's so shocking? She younger and more currwnt, do tv public really wants to see someone past their peak who's been semiretired for decadea or years.
User avatar
Serby
Dr. Serby
 
Posts: 34205
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011
Location: Halliwell Manor

Postby MusicRecords » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:23 pm

Serby wrote:What's so shocking? She younger and more currwnt, do tv public really wants to see someone past their peak who's been semiretired for decadea or years.
Even for a current one though (well she's flopping these days), 25 mil seems a lot for such a deal :lol: but good for her I'd gladly accept it as well! :lol:
User avatar
MusicRecords
Superstar
 
Posts: 9433
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012
Location: New York City & Vienna

Postby Bojan » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:31 pm

It didn't hurt anyone's career so why not?
User avatar
Bojan
Manager
 
Posts: 2121
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2016

Postby Wayne » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:23 pm

Serby wrote:What's so shocking? She younger and more currwnt, do tv public really wants to see someone past their peak who's been semiretired for decadea or years.
She got her paycheck based on Prism hype and the sheer desperation of AI - she's worth a fraction of what she got.

At least with Mariah, you get name recognition even if the show's a disaster. :lol:
User avatar
Wayne
Administrator
 
Posts: 46790
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006
Location: United Kingdom

Postby stevyy » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:17 pm

who cares?
User avatar
stevyy
Legend
 
Posts: 47750
Joined: Sat May 14, 2005
Location: .dk

Postby MusicRecords » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:25 pm

stevyy wrote:who cares?
You cared enough to post :P :P
User avatar
MusicRecords
Superstar
 
Posts: 9433
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012
Location: New York City & Vienna

Postby urbanmusik » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:27 pm

Of course Katy got paid more than her co-stars, Lionel Richie hasn't been relevant in decades and was never exactly respected as a musician and idk who the other guy is.

The reason Katy got paid more than Mariah is because she had more to lose by signing onto Idol. Katy was one of the biggest popstars in the world when she signed, as opposed to Mariah who was transitioning from her comeback into a fanbase/legacy act. Normally signing up to the show is a sign that you're kind of past it as a popstar; signing up to Idol could have easily hurt Katy's career.

I guess that gag is that Katy derailed her own career with Witness before Idol could do it, and ran away with all the money.
Last edited by urbanmusik on Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
urbanmusik
The College Dropout
 
Posts: 20044
Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2006
Location: Belfast

Postby stevyy » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:28 pm

MusicRecords wrote:
stevyy wrote:who cares?
You cared enough to post :P :P
i meant who cares how much money katy gets... she is a legend... she even deserves more. :D
User avatar
stevyy
Legend
 
Posts: 47750
Joined: Sat May 14, 2005
Location: .dk

Postby stevyy » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:29 pm

urbanmusik wrote:Of course Katy got paid more than her co-stars, Lionel Richie hasn't been relevant in decades and was never exactly respected as a musician and idk who the other guy is.

The reason Katy got paid more than Mariah is because she had more to lose by signing onto Idol. Katy was one of the biggest popstars in the world when she signed, as opposed to Mariah who was more of a fanbase act at the time. Normally signing up to the show is a sign that you're kind of past it as a popstar; signing up to Idol could have easily hurt Katy's career.

I guess that gag is that Katy derailed her own career with Witness before Idol could do it, and ran away with all the money.
they only hired mariah so they could foil her. :cry:
User avatar
stevyy
Legend
 
Posts: 47750
Joined: Sat May 14, 2005
Location: .dk

Postby BlueScorpion » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:49 am

MusicRecords wrote:I am also a bit shocked how she got more that someone like Lionel
Me too. He's far more important than her and it's an insult the amount they're favoring her.
User avatar
BlueScorpion
Manager
 
Posts: 4914
Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2011
Location: Portugal - Porto

Postby Jesper » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:58 am

They are not favoring her :lol:
Katy's deal was secured and sealed before they searched for other judges. It was a fail to begin with, most of the budget basically already was Katy;s. So they only had a little money left for the rest of the judges. Whether it is fair or not is an other story :lol: :lol:

Even if they wanted to give Lionel a bigger cut, they couldn't, because the deal with Katy was already set and done before Lionel got approached.
User avatar
Jesper
Legend
 
Posts: 21668
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009
Location: The Netherlands

Postby ArmyOfMe » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:06 am

Katy is already the definition of "uncool" to the general public, so I think it's a good choice for American Idol.
User avatar
ArmyOfMe
Superstar
 
Posts: 6453
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014
Location: Milan

Postby Goldmoney » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:08 am

Did Witness even make half of those profits back?
User avatar
Goldmoney
Legend
 
Posts: 15577
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2009

Postby MusicRecords » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:04 am

stevyy wrote:
urbanmusik wrote:Of course Katy got paid more than her co-stars, Lionel Richie hasn't been relevant in decades and was never exactly respected as a musician and idk who the other guy is.

The reason Katy got paid more than Mariah is because she had more to lose by signing onto Idol. Katy was one of the biggest popstars in the world when she signed, as opposed to Mariah who was more of a fanbase act at the time. Normally signing up to the show is a sign that you're kind of past it as a popstar; signing up to Idol could have easily hurt Katy's career.

I guess that gag is that Katy derailed her own career with Witness before Idol could do it, and ran away with all the money.
they only hired mariah so they could foil her. :cry:
:lol: :lol: watch out for the lamb attacks
User avatar
MusicRecords
Superstar
 
Posts: 9433
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012
Location: New York City & Vienna

Postby stevyy » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:40 pm

ArmyOfMe wrote:Katy is already the definition of "uncool" to the general public, so I think it's a good choice for American Idol.
I think she is pretty cool. :wink:
User avatar
stevyy
Legend
 
Posts: 47750
Joined: Sat May 14, 2005
Location: .dk

Postby Serby » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:46 pm

BlueScorpion wrote:
MusicRecords wrote:I am also a bit shocked how she got more that someone like Lionel
Me too. He's far more important than her and it's an insult the amount they're favoring her.
Insult lmao
User avatar
Serby
Dr. Serby
 
Posts: 34205
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011
Location: Halliwell Manor

Postby Hugo » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:56 pm

Serby wrote:
BlueScorpion wrote:
MusicRecords wrote:I am also a bit shocked how she got more that someone like Lionel
Me too. He's far more important than her and it's an insult the amount they're favoring her.
Insult lmao
He's saying that because Lionel uses a certain someone as an opening act, but then again he had a #1 album that sold +1 million copies this decade and not everybody can relate to that.

Katy's collecting money and still has #1 albums, resourceful.
"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
User avatar
Hugo
HAL 9000
 
Posts: 36888
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009
Location: Portugal

Postby stevyy » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:09 pm

Hugo wrote:
Serby wrote:
BlueScorpion wrote:
MusicRecords wrote:I am also a bit shocked how she got more that someone like Lionel
Me too. He's far more important than her and it's an insult the amount they're favoring her.
Insult lmao
He's saying that because Lionel uses a certain someone as an opening act, but then again he had a #1 album that sold +1 million copies this decade and not everybody can relate to that.

Katy's collecting money and still has #1 albums, resourceful.
your tea is actually cold and smells bitter. Not everyone had a multi-platinum single this decade.... or another one which peaked in the top 5 or at #1 in basically 30 out of 45 european countries.
User avatar
stevyy
Legend
 
Posts: 47750
Joined: Sat May 14, 2005
Location: .dk

Postby heppolo » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:47 pm

^Most of ''American Idol'' audience wouldn't find Europe on the map even if their lives had depended on it.
Waffles are checked cookies
User avatar
heppolo
Legend
 
Posts: 13415
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009
Location: interchangeable

Postby BlueScorpion » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:48 pm

What to expect of someone that had his a** banned for a week for constant trolling? :lol:
User avatar
BlueScorpion
Manager
 
Posts: 4914
Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2011
Location: Portugal - Porto

Postby Hugo » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:29 pm

BlueScorpion wrote:What to expect of someone that had his a** banned for a week for constant trolling? :lol:
Fake News.

I was banned because I posted a 13 Reasons Why snapshot.
"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
User avatar
Hugo
HAL 9000
 
Posts: 36888
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009
Location: Portugal

Return to Celebrity Gossip