Taylor Swift and Ticketmaster controversial ticketing system

What do you think of this campaign?

I don't see the problem with it.
26%
It's problematic, but everyone's free to do what they want.
24%
It's a scam.
50%

Total votes : 42

Postby joiPrince_JO » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:24 pm

Anything so Swift makes even more money.
Girls' Generation
HyoYeonBritney Spears

Girls' Generation is the best-selling girl group of all time.
joiPrince_JO
Legend

Postby Hugo » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:44 pm

spiritboy wrote:They were your own words, not mine. Stop being bitter and pressed about Taylor and try to live your life :wink:
I know those were my words and I couldn't stand more by them.

I won't lie and say people that put this woman on a pedestal don't annoy me, but I don't want you to get the idea that I'm on a rampage against her, I lack that kind of drive. However, the comparisons I've seen some make lately are ignorant, with the obvious intent to rile-up specific fan-bases because the media, not the fans, decided to make a few keen observations before the video came out.

Everyone does as they please, thankfully, but if you don't see her conniving, cunning personality through these scammy schemes you're blind, there have been enough proofs already, there are better role models for these youngsters.
"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
Hugo
HAL 9000

Postby stevyy » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:59 pm

Taylor is saving the music industry with these measures, an industry that all of our faves have to live with.

I mean, the amount of $$ she will generate can be re-distributed within her label.

Taylor knows that her fans love her so much that they would buy her music instead of relying on a youtube and spotify playlist

Reputation will be the first album since Adele's 25 to sell 5 million units worldwide in total sales. Look how the numbers have shrinked of artists with genuine selling power and how Adele and Taylor are basically left alone on that spectrum.

they are the last noteworthy and relevant females since the music industry is currently be taken back by the patrichary.
stevyy
Legend

Postby Hugo » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:05 pm

stevyy wrote:Taylor is saving the music industry with these measures, an industry that all of our faves have to live with.
No.

People have been proclaiming the demise of music industry for decades now. It can't die, because there will always be demand for new music. So, your view of this woman or Adele as saviours of what needs not to saved is pretty stupid.

There are thousands of acts doing fine with no presence on the charts.
"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
Hugo
HAL 9000

Postby Hugo » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:10 pm

stevyy wrote:they are the last noteworthy and relevant females
No, they aren't, or else they'd have to be constantly be putting music out to keep the industry alive, because every other act is so noncommercial.

stevyy wrote:since the music industry is currently be taken back by the patriarchy.
Men run every industry and they always had since that term came to be.
"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
Hugo
HAL 9000

Postby Guru » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:10 pm

This scandal reminds me of Gaga BTW 99c saga. But on a much wider and greedier scale :roll:
| Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney |
Guru
Guru

Postby Hugo » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:11 pm

Guru wrote:This scandal reminds me of Gaga BTW 99c saga. But on a much wider and greedier scale :roll:
At least Germanotta by comparison looked charitable.
"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
Hugo
HAL 9000

Postby Guru » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:13 pm

Hugo wrote:
Guru wrote:This scandal reminds me of Gaga BTW 99c saga. But on a much wider and greedier scale :roll:
At least Germanotta by comparison looked charitable.
True tea :lol:
| Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney |
Guru
Guru

Postby MrDiva » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:15 pm

spiritboy wrote:
Hugo wrote:
spiritboy wrote:Why do you care about this? If her fans are happy to pay, she can charge whatever she wants.
Because it means those stratospheric numbers that people love to post and brag about are the result of a fanbase with herd mentality, now you don't have to wonder why she isn't as popular elsewhere.
Lol, 1989 sold 10 million copies worldwide and the tour grossed $250m. You sound like Taylor forces these people to buy her albums and attend her concerts. Try harder. :lol:
She literally does exactly that now

It's like blackmailing her fans

I would do ANYTHING to attend a rihanna concert -it's the same for every artists' true fans. She literally has the psychological power to squeeze that money out of her fans. Her fans probably don't care about these practices. They're Willing to pay. But that doesn't make it right
LIKE VICTORIA FOX ON FACEBOOK
https://www.facebook.com/VictoriaFoxNow/
Follow me on Instagram @mrdeeva
MrDiva
Superstar

Postby stevyy » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:19 pm

MrDiva wrote:
I would do ANYTHING to attend a rihanna concert -it's the same for every artists' true fans. She literally has the psychological power to squeeze that money out of her fans. Her fans probably don't care about these practices. They're Willing to pay. But that doesn't make it right
and i am being called dramatic when my fave does not possess any psychological suppression over me.

U shud be more like me and buy everything by everyone. I cannot understand how one could only have 1 fave.

Taylor is my newest fave and I'm going to buy as much as I can... and if this gets me closer to a concert ticket... nice...
stevyy
Legend

Postby Hugo » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:22 pm

UKMIX, now you can vote, but a post clarifying your position is always better to a discussion.
"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
Hugo
HAL 9000

Postby DnBLover » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:23 pm

Labels are everything that's wrong about the music industry, yet they need saving? FFS.

Taylor Swift is forcefully fed onto people's mouths ever since she's become this new hot girl of pop. Literally on the biggest Spotify playlist it has her image saying "Listen to Taylor's new song - and to today's biggest hits".
Wtf?

Then, her radio spins are abnormal. The amount of money they must spend promoting her must be overwhelming.

Even here in this fcking country radio was constantly playing her because they play whatever is popular in murica.

Bad Blood is seriously one of the worst songs I've ever heard, it's bland, cliche and just plain annoying, yet it was playing in every single place I can remember. Because it was a good song? Or because it was Honey Swift's song?

So yes, she is forcefully fed onto people's mouth. Just look at the radio numbers. Look at Spotify's playlists. Look at the YouTube adds.

And I don't understand. She is barely talented. Her music is bland pop.
Why her?
I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room
DnBLover
Legend

Postby Erotica » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:34 pm

DnBLover wrote:Labels are everything that's wrong about the music industry, yet they need saving? FFS.

Taylor Swift is forcefully fed onto people's mouths ever since she's become this new hot girl of pop. Literally on the biggest Spotify playlist it has her image saying "Listen to Taylor's new song - and to today's biggest hits".
Wtf?

Then, her radio spins are abnormal. The amount of money they must spend promoting her must be overwhelming.

Even here in this fcking country radio was constantly playing her because they play whatever is popular in murica.

Bad Blood is seriously one of the worst songs I've ever heard, it's bland, cliche and just plain annoying, yet it was playing in every single place I can remember. Because it was a good song? Or because it was Honey Swift's song?

So yes, she is forcefully fed onto people's mouth. Just look at the radio numbers. Look at Spotify's playlists. Look at the YouTube adds.

Why her?
True, true, true
I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?
Erotica
Legend

Postby Hugo » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:42 pm

DnBLover wrote:And I don't understand. She is barely talented. Her music is bland pop.
Why her?
At least Britney Spears had charisma, that Marilyn Monroe charm that had people go crazy, she had star quality and was able to create several iconic moments for herself.

TS most remembered moment still is the Kanyegate, despite all the success, there's nothing even remotely remarkable about her. The sheer number of fake, PR relationships is absurd, how's she even relatable to a normal teenager? She's the McDonalds of the industry.
"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
Hugo
HAL 9000

Postby Colbie » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:00 pm

Yes we get it, alot of y'all hate her.
Thats still no reason to bring her down. Like said in another thread: if i don't like an artist, im not going to post in those threads! I just move on and listen to music that i like! Simple as that! ;-)
Mic Mic Bungee
Colbie
Superstar

Postby maroon » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:10 pm

Whoever that Taylor Swift is, such a move says a lot about what the offer itself.
If you have to push people to listen to your music in such an embarrassing way, it must be really shit.
Well, contemporary pop has very little to offer anyway so it's just one more desperate puppet trying to catch attention of teenagers.
maroon
Superstar

Location: Amsterdam (NL) / Gijón (ES) / Rzeszów (PL) / Brno (CZ) / Cork (IE)

Postby Serby » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:25 pm

Not so sneak(e)y of her. :lol: :lol:

Lemme bookmark this as an answer to everyone ever asking me what is it about her that I don't like. Oop. I like the new aing tho :cry: :lol:
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby Hugo » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:01 pm

Serby wrote:I like the new aing tho :cry: :lol:
How can you listen to Death Grips with those ears? What a shame :-? :lol:

improving my serby posts interpretative skills
"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
Hugo
HAL 9000

Postby hellohello » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:31 pm

Who cares. She's the new it girl that gets so much attention so of course she is going to take the advantage and squeeze as much money out of fans as possible. That's capitalism for you. The bitch is making money and ya'll will deal.
Madonna......Rihanna....Beyonce....Michael...Janet....Prince...Mariah...Whitney
hellohello
Manager

Postby TIfan » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:50 pm

I don't see the bad in this. It's an industry. I believe she gave albums out to those who ordered pizza one time. It's an industry.
TIfan
Legend

Postby urbanmusik » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:56 pm

What I don't like about this strategy is that it makes getting tickets even more difficult. Artists and companies should be making it as easy as possible for fans to get tickets to gigs, not consuming their time by having them embarrass themselves promoting the artist on social media or streaming their song five times a day. It sounds exhausting.

I don't want to have to jump through hoops just for the chance to get a concert ticket. Buying multiple copies of an album or a tacky piece of merch doesn't appeal to me either. Hope my faves don't start doing this.
urbanmusik
The College Dropout

Postby LittleLinda » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:10 pm

Ok, let me point out the positives:
Firstly: Scalpers need to be stopped! They have been an ongoing problem in regards to ticket sales for years now, so any method to boost the chances of true fans to snatch tickets is commendable.
Secondly, people need to keep in mind that not every boost method requires money... fans with little money can go the tweeting/video watching route.

However (and that's one big however):
The scheme doesn't prevent scalpers/bots at all! They can utilize the boost system just as well as any fan, if not better.
Furthermore - even though there are said free boosts - it is quite obvious how fans are psychologically pressured into investing as much money as possible (categorization into "low boosts" and "high boosts", recommendations of buying the album multiple times, and so on).
The worst part: you can invest tons of money and still have no guarantee whatsoever to get a ticket in the end.
Ultimately, all this system does is reward those with deep pockets (that includes scalpers, btw) and provide Taylor with a s***tload of free promo.
I'm not surprised this leaves a sour taste in many people's mouths.

Can't fault Taylor for doing this, it's definitely a smart business move - but I can only hope that this never becomes the norm for ticket sales. There's a reason "pay to play" schemes are often mentioned in the same breath as bribery, corruption, bid-rigging and distortion of competition. And that's exactly what this is: A pay to play system.

Makes me miss the times when you could buy tickets at retailers and ticket booths only...
LittleLinda
Manager

Postby Jesper » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:38 pm

Looking at a business point of view, this is a brilliant marketing ploy. Looking at it as a music fan who loves to go to concerts, this is awful really really awful. This will pressure fans to buy and invest in stuff just to get in front of a non excisting waitingline, with no clear indication how you get in front of that said waitingline. I kinda hopes this idea becomes a mess, so no other artist follows these steps.

I am all for stopping scammers, but selling tickets on name with an ID-check at the venue seems to be most fair way at this point to do it, rather than milking your fans to the fullest.
Jesper
Legend

Postby Guru » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:48 pm

DnBLover wrote:Labels are everything that's wrong about the music industry, yet they need saving? FFS.

Wtf?

Why her?
The choice is yours :wink:
No matter how much people entice you, you can always choose to turn the other way. Label and radio are cashing in when they can. It's how they survive cause not every investment is a cash cow. And when the opportunity knocks on their door, damn straight they'll be waiting to make them coins. As they say "strike while the iron is hot" :wink:

Talent is in the eyes of the beholder. I'm a below average TS fan. The girl can't dance or act to save her life, but she is definitely talented when it comes to making music. Be it cheesy, meaningful, corny, cliched. She knows her formulaes well.
Guru
Guru

Postby Serby » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:10 pm

Hugo wrote:
Serby wrote:I like the new aing tho :cry: :lol:
How can you listen to Death Grips with those ears? What a shame :-? :lol:

improving my serby posts interpretative skills
Even O dodn't understand what were I tryig to say there. :lol:

Btw not anymore, death bishes canceled the concert on the night, like after it was supposed to start, apparently cu the venue was too hot lmao
Serby
Dr. Serby

Return to Celebrity Gossip