Taylor Swift and Ticketmaster controversial ticketing system

What do you think of this campaign?

I don't see the problem with it.
26%
It's problematic, but everyone's free to do what they want.
24%
It's a scam.
50%

Total votes : 42

Postby BlueScorpion » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:02 am

I love Taylor but this is utterly pathetic. I hope whoever is in charge of this sees his ass kicked :roll:
BlueScorpion
Superstar

Postby MusicRecords » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:39 am

And so many of her fans are actually buying a lot of merchandise, some stuff is sold out :lol:

I thought it kinda sucks...I mean not everyone wants to wear a tshirt with her face on it or a snake ring :roll:
MusicRecords
Superstar

Postby SpyVsSpy » Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:06 am

When she's no longer hot this is going to be a problem
SpyVsSpy
Superstar

Postby jochen » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:11 am

I Think its a good idea.
YOU cant blame nobody but YOU
jochen
Manager

Postby jpguy » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:58 pm

This is a mess.
::: Shinin', shinin', just like a DIAMOND, blindin' blindin' :::
jpguy
Legend

Postby stevyy » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:38 pm

jochen wrote:I Think its a good idea.
I agree.. nobody has yet come up with an argument that was even remotely logical and spoke against it in a reasonable way.
stevyy
Legend

Postby GetBack » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:29 am

Guru wrote:The choice is yours :wink:
No matter how much people entice you, you can always choose to turn the other way. Label and radio are cashing in when they can. It's how they survive cause not every investment is a cash cow. And when the opportunity knocks on their door, damn straight they'll be waiting to make them coins. As they say "strike while the iron is hot" :wink:

Talent is in the eyes of the beholder. I'm a below average TS fan. The girl can't dance or act to save her life, but she is definitely talented when it comes to making music. Be it cheesy, meaningful, corny, cliched. She knows her formulaes well.
Exactly! It's funny how people have the lamest arguments saying that only white Americans like her or that she has a stupid herd fan base or that she's spending so much forcing people to like her on social media.

I mean, she hasn't even performed or had a single appearance and her lead single and its music video just exploded and broke records of nowhere, obviously there's a juggernaut demand for her globally. I remember how Adele's 25 kicked off and her haters were saying the exact same thing, that she sold out and went the safe, commercial route and that she became a capitalist because "Hello" dominated and 25 had its monumental opening week.

It's the ultimate defense mechanism of those fanatics whose faves are made to look like a non-event in the game of capitalism. If her haters were smart, they would actually stop talking about her, because it even makes her more popular and unstoppable, but they continue to do so because they are just so affected by her impact.

With how things are turning out so far, she and her team are smart enough to play this game more than anybody.
GetBack
Legend

Postby menime123 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:21 pm

If you’re a real Stan then chances are this won’t bother you too much. But I do feel like they’re aiming it at the niavity of teenagers and that in itself isn’t right.

$60+ dollars to ensure you have the album on the day of release is scandalous, particularly when places like Amazon can do the same at a fraction of the cost (in the UK, then albums were released on Mondays it wasn’t unusual to even get the album delivered on Saturday from good old Amazon!)

I applaud systems that prevent touts getting tickets, but this isn’t the answer. The only answer to touts is to make concert tickets like plane tickets: each ticket must have the name of the person using it - provided at the point of sale - with ID shown to gain access to venues on the day of the show.
Girls Aloud: Only 5 years until their 20th anniversary reunion tour! (and only 5 years until I can change my signature...)
menime123
Superstar

Postby Guru » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:20 am

Taylor is a business woman. I may personally disagree with what they are doing but it's legal, a choice and this is a very smart business move for her. She won't always be this hot forever but she is definitely taking her opportunities to the A level while she can. Good on her.

If I just wanted the tickets, I'd still buy the package and use her tshirt as a sleep shirt :lol:
(And after some time, a rag to clean the house) :lol: To get the most out of the money I spent.
| Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney |
Guru
Guru

Postby BlueScorpion » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:56 pm

Guru wrote:If I just wanted the tickets, I'd still buy the package and use her tshirt as a sleep shirt :lol:
(And after some time, a rag to clean the house) :lol: To get the most out of the money I spent.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
BlueScorpion
Superstar

Postby beredy » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:07 pm

menime123 wrote:I applaud systems that prevent touts getting tickets, but this isn’t the answer. The only answer to touts is to make concert tickets like plane tickets: each ticket must have the name of the person using it - provided at the point of sale - with ID shown to gain access to venues on the day of the show.
But they won't do that. Tickemaster has it's own secondary sales business. They also sell higher priced tickets once the official ones are "soldout". But first they have to sell it to their secondary business. They can't do that if they need a name for each and every ticket sold. Are they supposed to guess which people want to buy tickets later on? :lol:

They don't mind reselling tickets, they just mind they aren't getting profit for it.
beredy
Manager

Postby Serby » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:44 pm

Name thing is stupid and I hope it doesn't happen, many people have to cancel/cant make it to the concert so they resell it to someone. Having personalised tickets would be such a mess.
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby Guru » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:49 pm

Besides, plane tickets are named for obvious reasons such as aviation security (which we all know is very important).
| Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney |
Guru
Guru

Postby BlankSpace » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:55 pm

Mod edit - post removed.
Last edited by BlankSpace on Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grammy for the Album of the Year goes to BEYONCÉ
and now you should probably wake up
Good Morning
BlankSpace
Manager

Postby BlankSpace » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:03 pm

Mod edit - post removed.
Good Morning
BlankSpace
Manager

Postby Jesper » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:36 pm

BlankSpace wrote:lol wow i had no idea there's a thread about this.
nd it was made by non other than "Ukmix' Most obsessed person with Taylor".
meanwhile check my SIGNATURE.
feel free to Replace the word "Artist" with "B!tch".
In your reply before this one you point something out for 'intelligent' people, yet you act with a very poor and childish reply, because I guess I have to break it to you, Hugo is not Beyoncé, so even if we would replace the word artist with the B word, what is your point?

And why that signature to begin with
Most Overrated Artist Ever BEYONCÉ
I mean if this is your opinion, fine...But why would you downgrade someone, like you say in your latest reply, not even in a tongue and cheek way, but rather in a very bitter and pressed way.

I mean we can also put Colbie's post in an other context, if you don't like the threadposter, don't try to put that person down, just react at the actual topic of discussion and move on, no reason to put either the threadposter or his/her favorite down...

Something about a pot and a kettle....
Jesper
Legend

Postby menime123 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:54 pm

beredy wrote:
menime123 wrote:I applaud systems that prevent touts getting tickets, but this isn’t the answer. The only answer to touts is to make concert tickets like plane tickets: each ticket must have the name of the person using it - provided at the point of sale - with ID shown to gain access to venues on the day of the show.
But they won't do that. Tickemaster has it's own secondary sales business. They also sell higher priced tickets once the official ones are "soldout". But first they have to sell it to their secondary business. They can't do that if they need a name for each and every ticket sold. Are they supposed to guess which people want to buy tickets later on? :lol:

They don't mind reselling tickets, they just mind they aren't getting profit for it.
But who said that’s right? It’s completely wrong imo. I am all for a fair ticket swap platform where you only pay the ticket price but people who buy tickets and then sell them on for profit do my head in.
Girls Aloud: Only 5 years until their 20th anniversary reunion tour! (and only 5 years until I can change my signature...)
menime123
Superstar

Postby BlankSpace » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:56 pm

“I Would Very Much Like To Be Excluded From This Narrative”
Last edited by BlankSpace on Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:29 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Good Morning
BlankSpace
Manager

Postby menime123 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:02 pm

Serby wrote:Name thing is stupid and I hope it doesn't happen, many people have to cancel/cant make it to the concert so they resell it to someone. Having personalised tickets would be such a mess.
I’m surprised it hasn’t happened - they could make a fortune charging people to change the name on the ticket up to say, a week before the concert.

I appreciate that people have to cancel and try to resell, but the percentage of people who do that versus the legitimate tickets where the person buying the tickets attend the concert is minimal.

I believe Kate Bush did it on her London residency back in 2014, with a high level of success - but only the lead booker had to show ID to gain entrance.

Anyway, if the concert industry was keen to beat the touts they would have invoked this ages ago. Instead they’ve decided to join them, which I think was the wrong attitude. Now because touting has proven people are prepared to pay a premium for seats with proximity, there are all sorts of official packages available for the front few rows at a heavily inflated price.
menime123
Superstar

Postby jszmiles » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:49 pm

stevyy wrote:
jochen wrote:I Think its a good idea.
I agree.. nobody has yet come up with an argument that was even remotely logical and spoke against it in a reasonable way.
Seriously, for me it's pathetic.

In the video it is said that she wants to avoid buying the tickets by robots? did she actually saw robots on her concerts? I don't this so.

We all know that "the robots" are re-selling the tickets with much bigger price - it was all before!

after launching this system the effect will be exactly the same. BUT now the robot is Taylor herself, you have to buy her stuff to have more chances to buy the ticket. In the end, the effect is the same, you're spending the same amount of cash, but she's getting all the money, not "the robots" (and you have now the stupid t-shirt, oh right, I forgot)

She is really greedy
jszmiles
Legend

Postby TIfan » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:53 pm

If she gets the money in the end, than I'm happy for her, but if it's for the label, than it would suck. For decades, labels have been greedy, stealing millions from the artist.
TIfan
Legend

Postby jszmiles » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:02 am

TIfan wrote:If she gets the money in the end, than I'm happy for her, but if it's for the label, than it would suck. For decades, labels have been greedy, stealing millions from the artist.
Yeah I should write "her label" instead of "her" getting the money, I don't see her having much from selling the t-shirts or other stuff.

I am really surprised she's agreed on this, after all those battles with streaming services.
jszmiles
Legend

Postby spiritboy » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:33 pm

Guess what? P!nk is also using Verified Fan system for her tour tickets as well, some of you were too quick to accuse Taylor of being too greedy just because she is Taylor Swift.
spiritboy
Legend

Postby Serby » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:47 pm

spiritboy wrote:Guess what? P!nk is also using Verified Fan system for her tour tickets as well, some of you were too quick to accuse Taylor of being too greedy just because she is Taylor Swift.
Does anyone here still likes Pink? She became this preachy annoying celeb and girl is stuck in 2007 or so.

And how does this change the point we made? :lol: :lol:
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby Jesper » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:04 pm

spiritboy wrote:Guess what? P!nk is also using Verified Fan system for her tour tickets as well, some of you were too quick to accuse Taylor of being too greedy just because she is Taylor Swift.
Looking at P!nk's ticketprices, in combination with the system, she is even more greedy than the good sis Medusa Swift.
Jesper
Legend

Return to Celebrity Gossip