Utah nurse arrested for not giving patient's blood to police

Moderator: biscuits

Postby Hugo » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:34 pm

A nurse at a Utah hospital said she was assaulted by a police officer after refusing to give him a sample of an unconscious patient's blood.

At a press conference nurse Alex Wubbels showed videos of the incident from police officers' body cameras.

They showed her being arrested at the University of Utah Hospital in Salt Lake City.

She had declined to give the blood sample because the officer did not have a warrant or the patient's consent.

The footage, which was filmed on July 26, showed the nurse in blue medical scrubs consulting with colleagues for several minutes.

She then presented waiting police officers with a printout of the hospital's policy on sharing blood samples to test for alcohol or drugs.

She told the officer they would need a warrant, the patient's consent, or the patient would need to be under arrest.

The nurse said: "I'm just trying to do what I'm supposed to do, that's all."

One officer, identified in media reports as detective Jeff Payne, becomes angered and grabs at Wubbels.

"We're done," Payne says. "You're under arrest."

Payne then drags Wubbels outside as she screams.

"Somebody help me!" she says as Payne handcuffs her hands behind her. "You're assaulting me! Stop! I've done nothing wrong."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/09 ... od-police/
I hope she gets a huge sum of money and that cop is fired! :evil: What a bastard.
"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
Hugo
HAL 9000

Postby Wayne » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:35 pm

YOU GIT. :evil: I was just going to open this! :lol:

There's more to it: http://www.sltrib.com/pb/news/2017/08/3 ... ous-victim

It is horrible, it looks horrible but there is more to it.
Wayne
Administrator

Postby Hugo » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:37 pm

I'm in tears watching that video, is this the US of today? :x :x :x
"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
Hugo
HAL 9000

Postby Mainshow » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:37 pm

I am shocked! This is another example of how brutal the police in the US can be!
I can't believe this happened. I mean, the nurse did clearly follow the rules/the law while the police officer who should be the one following them instead, was a complete asshole. He should get a huge fine.
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Hugo » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:43 pm

"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
Hugo
HAL 9000

Postby Serby » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:58 pm

Murica for real now....

How is this possible???
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby BlueScorpion » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:02 am

I applaud the fact that nurse didn't let the cop intimidate her and stood steady. She was very brave. Hope the motherf*cker gets what he deserves.
BlueScorpion
Manager

Postby Mainshow » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:06 am

Just watched the video. I mean, this is shocking. I mean, it's just another incident and proof how bad people are treated by some American police officers. It's really unreal to me Oo
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby MusicRecords » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:23 am

Omg what an a**hole!
MusicRecords
Superstar

Postby Rihab » Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:24 am

Hugo wrote:I'm in tears watching that video, is this the US of today? :x :x :x
This is hardly just a US thing, it's a human thing. Most people with authority over others are going to start feeling superior / think they can do whatever they want sooner or later. It's why most cops, bosses and politicians are trash. Give any person a gun to shoot people, enough money to hire people or the power to control people and watch them go crazy.
Rihab
Legend

Postby TheRealest » Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:08 am

This pissed me off so bad! She literally did nothing wrong because if she were to collect the sample it would be in violation with hippa. Sis needs to sue them and collect that CHEQUE!!!!

It's a shame what these pigs get away with.
TheRealest
The Queen

Postby KEY9481 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:26 am

And it will only get worse and worse.
5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016
KEY9481
Manager

Postby Mikerocha » Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:35 pm

TheRealest wrote:This pissed me off so bad! She literally did nothing wrong because if she were to collect the sample it would be in violation with hippa. Sis needs to sue them and collect that CHEQUE!!!!

It's a shame what these pigs get away with.
Unfortunately I feel like judges won't side with her because they are afraid to ever say we the people are right and the cops are wrong, because that will switch the fear of authority and could be the start of people standing up against unlawful police.

Happy she stood up for the LAW. Something that corrupted cop should be doing on his daily life.
I'm ready to be loved and love the way I should
Life's about, life's about to get good
Mikerocha
Superstar

Postby Guru » Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:13 pm

Whilst I disagree with the method used, it looks like he wanted bloods for sometihg related to the accident where they were involved in where someone else died. But there are laws, rules and procedures that the cop must follow. He can't just think he IS the law.
| Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney |
Guru
Guru

Postby Wayne » Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:22 pm

Cop who arrested Utah nurse over blood sample put on leave

A US police officer who forcibly arrested a nurse for refusing to take a blood sample from an unconscious patient has been placed on administrative leave.

An investigation is under way after footage of the incident at a hospital in Salt Lake City, Utah, emerged.

It shows nurse Alex Wubbels screaming for help as she is manhandled outside and handcuffed.

The hospital said she had correctly followed its policy.

Blood can only be handed over without a patient's consent if they are under arrest or the police have a warrant - neither of which was the case in this incident, the University of Utah Hospital said.

Salt Lake City Police Department said both the officer involved and another police department employee had been placed on administrative leave pending the investigation.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-41134797
Wayne
Administrator

Postby Wayne » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:17 am

The cop has been sacked.
Wayne
Administrator

Postby MusicRecords » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:32 am

Wayne wrote:The cop has been sacked.
Good
MusicRecords
Superstar

Postby stevyy » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:37 am

justice has been served... (in cold blood).
stevyy
Legend

Return to World News & Politics