Las Vegas shooting (58 confirmed dead, 515 injured)

Moderator: biscuits

Postby biscuits » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:22 pm

America will never get rid of guns. It would be too difficult to implement.
biscuits
The Diva

Postby LJC123 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:40 pm

I've just got to Vegas for a weeks holiday. Flew in from LA.

Really sad atmosphere. Everywhere is so quiet and subdued.
LJC--->>
LJC123
Manager

Postby cheapthrills » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:04 pm

biscuits wrote:America will never get rid of guns. It would be too difficult to implement.
This is true and it hurts my heart - the gun rights advocates just stick their head in the sand whenever this happens sending "thoughts and prayers," but never considering action to limit or contain these events. We had nearly two dozen five/six year olds gunned down less than two weeks before Christmas and I can't think of one change that occurred from that. Hearts are that hardened against change.

You'll notice the NRA never states anything when one of these tragedies occur. The M.O. is to say that "now is not the time" for political discussion to kick it down the road for the next mass shooting. It's revolting. When something horrible occurs, the natural human instinct is to determine how to prevent that horrible thing from occurring again.
Vote for your favorite Christmas songs here!
My Personal Chart - Cheapthrills' Cheap 20 :)
cheapthrills
Manager

Postby MusicRecords » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:48 pm

Theres photos of the room now, mess, seems so strange how this even went through his head

And his gf apparently is in another country...
MusicRecords
Superstar

Postby jpguy » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:24 pm

How is this not terrorism? And those videos, apalling. Guns were falling from the sky indeed, this is so freaking horrible!
::: Shinin', shinin', just like a DIAMOND, blindin' blindin' :::
jpguy
Legend

Postby DOSSOME » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:36 pm

What's scaring me most is a tragedy of similar magnitude or even worse could happen anytime from now and more human lives will be lost, that just going about your usual business is a risk in itself, SMH
Errr...Nice attempt but sit anyway
DOSSOME
Legend

Postby spiritboy » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:38 pm

I hope those stupid ass Republicans won't make it easier to purchase silencer to their guns. I've heard they've been lobbying for that and it would end in disasters if it happens. Imagine the man shooting people with no sound to warn people off.
spiritboy
Legend

Postby SalBoy » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:47 pm

567 injured
Meaning of Grammy - album of the decade!!!
SalBoy
Roadie

Postby MusicRecords » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:44 pm

As some have said, the sad thing is that nothing will change against guns, people actually want silencers :roll:
MusicRecords
Superstar

Postby Hugo » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:22 pm

For such a recent country, the US sure loves their ridiculous traditions and horribly outdated constitution.
"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
Hugo
HAL 9000

Postby stevyy » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:28 pm

Hugo wrote:For such a recent country, the US sure loves their ridiculous traditions and horribly outdated constitution.
well... everyone in America believes their constitution to be the greatest piece of legislation ever created by man (well maybe second to the Bible). But I read it and see it all the time that American's defend their constitution against anyone and anything - no criticizm allowed. It is obvious though, that many European countries have far more progressive and sane constituions, including Oceania and Canada.
stevyy
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:22 pm

My heart goes out to the victims and their families, but, as much as it pains me to say, these tragedies will continue to happen if the gun control laws in America stay as they are...and they likely will not be amended. :(
"You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read." - James Baldwin
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby JJeffs » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:30 pm

stevyy wrote:
Hugo wrote:For such a recent country, the US sure loves their ridiculous traditions and horribly outdated constitution.
well... everyone in America believes their constitution to be the greatest piece of legislation ever created by man (well maybe second to the Bible). But I read it and see it all the time that American's defend their constitution against anyone and anything - no criticizm allowed. It is obvious though, that many European countries have far more progressive and sane constituions, including Oceania and Canada.
Please watch your generalizations, kind sir. I'm an American (which makes me part of your "everyone") and I don't believe in several constitutional rights/amendments, and I don't believe in the Bible, despite being raised Christian.

You're welcome to your opinions based on your experience, but refrain from using words like "everyone". If you watch the news at all, surely you'd know that MANY Americans are totally anti-gun (2nd Amendment right to bear arms) and have been for decades. It's one of the main causes for divide in our country.

With respect, the wording of this particular post makes you sound both smug and ignorant at the same time. Not a good look.
Last edited by JJeffs on Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JJeffs
Personal Assistant

Postby Carbon » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:50 pm

this is absolutely awful, no words
Ја кријам главата под шалот.
Само на веѓите ми се гледа
дека мислам на тебе.

last.fm
Carbon
Legend

Postby MusicRecords » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:09 pm

+1
MusicRecords
Superstar

Postby JJeffs » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:22 pm

biscuits wrote:America will never get rid of guns. It would be too difficult to implement.
This is the problem though - this notion that anyone is trying to "get rid of guns". It's about gun control. "Common Sense" gun laws, to put it another way. Having the ability to purchase dozens of guns - especially IN ONE YEAR - is totally unacceptable, and that's what this guy did. The right to have a gun is one thing, the right to have an arsenal of guns and ammunition - all designed to kill in quantity - is another. These aren't defensive weapons.

Implementing laws that restrict the amount of guns one can purchase and refining the eligibility requirements may not solve the problem, but it certainly wouldn't make it worse. Lawmakers currently make it legal for mentally ill people to buy guns - several guns. Basically, the NRA runs half our government. And by that I mean we have lawmakers accepting money regularly from the NRA - and THAT is why we are where we are. Nothing will change for THAT reason, not because it's too difficult.
JJeffs
Personal Assistant

Return to World News & Politics