Qatar Air passenger facing jail for writing 'death to Allah'

Moderator: biscuits

Postby MusicRecords » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:08 am

Random news but it's kinda wth :lol: ....put the bish in economy

A Qatar Airways passenger who scrawled “death to Allah” on his armrest because he was unhappy with business class service is facing jail.

Joseph Breslin, 36, wrote the words after becoming “tired and irritated” on a flight into Heathrow Airport.

He then wrote an Islamophobic note on a napkin attacking Muslims wearing headscarves, dropping it between two passengers after the plane landed.

Isleworth crown court heard Breslin, who runs a pub in south London, targeted the pair because he believed one had been deliberately spraying perfume to annoy him.

“He was in the business class section and was complaining throughout the flight”, said prosecutor Bill McGivern. “As the plane was coming to land, one of the crew noticed him scribbling on the armrest of the seat.

“He then left his seat and went between two other passengers, leaving a note which was very derogatory towards people who wear headscarves and it said ‘death to Allah’.”

Mr McGivern said the note, in English, was translated to the passengers, who were left “frightened and terrified”. He added: “They had been travelling to this country and had this effectively thrust under their noses.” Complaints were made to staff and he was arrested as he got off the plane on July 8. Jeremy Wainwright, mitigating, said the incident was out of character: “He had become irritated by his fellow passengers, he felt in particular they appeared to have an attitude towards him.

“The last in question had been spraying perfume around, and he had perceived it was aimed at insulting him. "

“The words on the armrest related to the plane service generally, and the fact he had become tired and irritated and that was directed at the airline.”

Breslin, from Bromley, pleaded guilty to two charges of religiously aggravated harassment and a count of religiously aggravated criminal damage.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/qatar-airways-passenger-facing-jail-for-writing-death-to-allah-on-plane-armrest-a3649976.html
MusicRecords
Superstar

Postby Tansike » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:07 am

What was the passenger thinking? I mean, facing jail is obviously awful, but you should know the 'rules' when you fly with an airline like Qatar :-?
Tansike
Legend

Postby MusicRecords » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:36 am

Tansike wrote:What was the passenger thinking? I mean, facing jail is obviously awful, but you should know the 'rules' when you fly with an airline like Qatar :-?
Qatar as an airline itself is great though, along with Etihad and Emirates (the big 3 of the Middle East)..their service is great and although they share some strict obvious rules because of the countries where they originate from, they still serve the rest of the people, in drinking alcohol for example....I think it has more to do with the religion aspect of that. He should know that saying something against their god would have these kinds of consequences...would’ve been the same case if it were on Emirates, u just don’t do that. And I say that it was a religious thing cause I’m sure that if it had been something like his own name written he would’ve eorobably just been fined....also he was flying business class, which tells u that even for the passengers who are more elite for their airline, saying something negative regarding their religion still gets a harsh punishment
MusicRecords
Superstar

Postby biscuits » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:18 pm

What a racist idiot.
biscuits
The Diva

Return to World News & Politics