Nelly Arrested on Rape Charge Following Seattle-Area Concert

Postby BlueScorpion » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:25 pm

Nelly was arrested early Saturday morning and charged with second-degree rape following an incident that occurred on the rapper's tour bus following a Friday night concert in Auburn, Washington.

Nelly, born Cornell Haynes Jr., was booked into Des Moines, Washington's SCORE Jail just before 6:40 a.m. PST Saturday, three hours after the Auburn Police Department responded to a call from a woman who said that the rapper raped her on the tour bus.

Nelly is currently on the Smooth Stadium Tour with Florida Georgia Line and the Backstreet Boys; the trek came to Auburn's White River Amphitheatre on Friday night.

According to Q13 Fox, following the concert, Nelly came to nearby Seattle and picked up a woman who he then brought back to his tour bus in Auburn, which was parked behind a local Wal-Mart.

At 3:48 a.m., the woman called police and said Nelly sexually assaulted her on the bus. Auburn Police, citing probable cause for arrest, took the rapper into custody and charged him with second-degree rape. After less than 90 minutes at SCORE, Nelly was released from custody at 8:02 a.m.

"A female called 911 to report that she was sexually assaulted by a male, who is known as the rapper 'Nelly.' The alleged assault was reported to occur on the tour bus that was parked at the listed location," Auburn Police said in a statement. "Nelly had performed at the White River Amphitheater just hours before." The department added, "Auburn Police are continuing to investigate this incident. The above details are all we have to release at this time."
The rapper's representatives did not respond to Rolling Stone's request for comment, but a lawyer for Nelly told TMZ, "Nelly is the victim of a completely fabricated allegation. Our initial investigation, clearly establishes the allegation is devoid of credibility and is motivated by greed and vindictiveness. I am confident, once the scurrilous accusation is thoroughly investigated, there will be no charges. Nelly is prepared to pursue all all legal avenues to redress any damage caused by this clearly false allegation."

The Smooth Stadium Tour comes to Ridgefield, Washington Saturday night.
Won't lie, something sounds a bit fishy about this story! Love me some Nelly, he never gets in major trouble compared to other rappers.
BlueScorpion
Manager

Postby DOSSOME » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:32 pm

WTH? I've not heard anything from Nelly in years and now the first thing I read about him since 2012 is... this??? I Can't. Hope it isn't true
Errr...Nice attempt but sit anyway
DOSSOME
Superstar

Postby joiPrince_JO » Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:28 am

No proof has been provided yet everyone automatically believes Nelly raped this woman? She chasing a check. That’s it.
Girls' Generation
HyoYeonBritney Spears

Girls' Generation is the best-selling girl group of all time.
joiPrince_JO
Legend

Postby JimJim » Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:42 am

joiPrince_JO wrote:No proof has been provided yet everyone automatically believes Nelly raped this woman? She chasing a check. That’s it.
Most comments I've seen are more along the lines of "innocent until proven guilty"
JimJim
Elusive Chanteuse

Postby Goldmoney » Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:57 am

I hope this is false or completely misconstrued, otherwise I'll never be able to listen to his classic hits the same ever again. :cry:
Goldmoney
Legend

Postby BlueScorpion » Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:16 am

Some concert goers have pointed he's been displayin' a strange behavior on stage flirting with 11 years old girls. What do you guys think of this?

BlueScorpion
Manager

Postby croatiaxtina » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:02 am

I mean... who wouldn't give him to f**k? Nelly raped someone?
I don't believe it...
croatiaxtina
Legend

Postby SalBoy » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:00 am

croatiaxtina wrote:I mean... who wouldn't give him to f**k? Nelly raped someone?
I don't believe it...
:lol:
Meaning of Grammy - album of the decade!!!
SalBoy
Roadie

Postby Muzikritik » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:09 am

He always seemed a decent man to me.

Ain't this why you have a woman who rides on tour? Picking up groupies leads to this sorta duckery.
Muzikritik
Legend

Postby urbanmusik » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:15 am

joiPrince_JO wrote:No proof has been provided yet everyone automatically believes Nelly raped this woman? She chasing a check. That’s it.
Of course you of all users goes straight to victim blaming :roll: .

The videos of Nelly bring 9/10 year old girls on stage, telling them what to do and stroking their hair is beyond creepy. The fact that the crowd was cheering too :-? :-? .
urbanmusik
The College Dropout

Postby joiPrince_JO » Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:13 pm

croatiaxtina wrote:I mean... who wouldn't give him to f**k? Nelly raped someone?
I don't believe it...
Exactly. He is extremely good looking and would never do something like that. That girl/woman just wants attention and, like I've said, a check.
Girls' Generation
HyoYeonBritney Spears

Girls' Generation is the best-selling girl group of all time.
joiPrince_JO
Legend

Postby KEY9481 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:15 pm

joiPrince_JO wrote:
I don't believe it...
Exactly. He is extremely good looking and would never do something like that. That girl/woman just wants attention and, like I've said, a check.
And people wonder why victims of sexual abuses stay silent.
5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016
KEY9481
Manager

Postby Fan » Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:47 pm

joiPrince_JO wrote:
I don't believe it...
Excuse me? Are you taking the piss or are just actually being serious? If it's the last one, then I feel really sorry for you.
i wanna see you on your knees, wanna see you begging
Fan
Legend

Postby BlueScorpion » Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:51 pm

Nelly Released From Jail, Says He's 'Beyond Shocked' at Rape Allegation

After being released from jail Saturday (Oct. 7), Nelly shared his side of the story on Twitter, telling fans that he is "beyond shocked" and "completely innocent" in regard to rape allegations.

The rapper, whose real name is Cornell Iral Haynes Jr., was arrested and questioned earlier in the day after a woman called 911 to report being sexually assaulted by Nelly on his tour bus following a Friday night (Oct. 6) concert in Auburn, Washington, police said in a statement.

"I am confident that once the facts are looked at, it will be very clear that I am the victim of a false allegation," Nelly tweeted Saturday afternoon.

"I do want to apologize to my loved ones for the embarrassment and for putting myself in a situation where I could be victimized by this false and defaming allegation,"
he continued.

The Grammy winner also shared gratitude for his fans' "unwavering support," writing, "They know me. I assure you I will be vindicated. And I assure you, I will pursue every legal option to address this defaming claim."

Nelly is expected to appear at his Saturday night show in Ridgefield, Washington, according to his attorney, Scott Rosenblum.

Rosenblum told the Associated Press in an email: "Our initial investigation clearly establishes this allegation is devoid of credibility and is motivated by greed and vindictiveness. I am confident, once this scurrilous accusation is thoroughly investigated, there will be no charges. Nelly is prepared to address and pursue all legal avenues to redress any damage caused by this clearly false allegation."
BlueScorpion
Manager

Postby MrDiva » Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:56 pm

Who are we to judge in this situation? It's not that easy .
LIKE VICTORIA FOX ON FACEBOOK
https://www.facebook.com/VictoriaFoxNow/
Follow me on Instagram @mrdeeva
MrDiva
Superstar

Postby DOSSOME » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:02 pm

joiPrince_JO wrote:
I don't believe it...
SMFH.... WTF?
DOSSOME
Superstar

Postby stevyy » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:52 pm

joiPrince_JO wrote:
I don't believe it...
good looking? he is a 4 out of 10 for me.
stevyy
Legend

Postby croatiaxtina » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:52 pm

KEY9481 wrote:
joiPrince_JO wrote:
I don't believe it...
And people wonder why victims of sexual abuses stay silent.
Would you believe a male person that he's been a victim or being raped?

Just to say I'm always on female side and on victims side.

But in his case it's shocking and honestly it's hard to believe that he would do somwthing like that
croatiaxtina
Legend

Postby BlueScorpion » Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:08 pm

Many people are on this side saying how predictable and fishy this is. Surely the woman tried to take advantage of that situation - I'm more inclined to believe this. The more dubious and wack thing here is his performances with young girls on stage. "Over and Over" doesn't really have sexual content but it's all just a bit random, I don't know.
BlueScorpion
Manager

Postby ThaInfo1 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:11 pm

I hope it's not true (because did used to be a fan of his at one point, he's apart of my childhood) ...but I'm not gonna downplay the girl's claim. If he did it, shame on him and he should suffer the consequences. If he didn't, shame on the girl for making this claim.
SEE.sza.RUN
ThaInfo1
Legend

Postby DOSSOME » Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:14 pm

ThaInfo1 wrote:I hope it's not true (because did used to be a fan of his at one point, he's apart of my childhood) ...but I'm not gonna downplay the girl's claim. If he did it, shame on him and he should suffer the consequences. If he didn't, shame on the girl for making this claim.
+1
DOSSOME
Superstar

Postby Jesper » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:03 am

DOSSOME wrote:
ThaInfo1 wrote:I hope it's not true (because did used to be a fan of his at one point, he's apart of my childhood) ...but I'm not gonna downplay the girl's claim. If he did it, shame on him and he should suffer the consequences. If he didn't, shame on the girl for making this claim.
+1
Jesper
Legend

Postby iMacourey » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:35 am

False allegations are completely devastating and can potentially destroy a person's career, reputation, or even life. We generally follow the principle of innocent until proven guilty, so I don't think it's fair to call it victim blaming for not believing this woman implicitly and without proof.

On the other hand, if he really did do it then he deserves what's coming to him.

I really do think that such cases shouldn't be made public knowledge until there's actually sufficient evidence for a case against the person in question.
iMacourey
Groupie

Postby BlueScorpion » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:31 pm

Woman Who Accused Rapper Nelly of Rape Won’t Testify, Says System Will ‘Fail Her’

SEATTLE — A woman who said the rapper Nelly raped her on his tour bus in a Seattle suburb last weekend is dropping her pursuit of criminal charges.

News outlets report that lawyer Karen Koehler said in a statement Friday that her client wanted to stop the investigation and would refuse to testify in court.

Koehler says the woman "wishes she had not called 911 because she believes the system is going to fail her."

Auburn police arrested Nelly, whose real name is Cornell Iral Haynes Jr., early Saturday in his tour bus at a Walmart. He was booked into jail on suspicion of second-degree rape and released later that day.

He has not been charged with a crime.

Nelly's attorney, Scott Rosenblum, has called the rape claim a "completely fabricated allegation."
BlueScorpion
Manager

Postby DnBLover » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:34 pm

Rape or not, she's right.
I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room
DnBLover
Legend

Return to Celebrity Gossip