The Harvey Weinstein sexual harassment scandal

Moderators: biscuits, Benjamin

 

Postby KEY9481 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:03 am

Trauma.
And like I said already, the power that man has in the industry is insane.
5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018
User avatar
KEY9481
Manager
 
Posts: 2969
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2014

Postby MrDiva » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:26 am

SalBoy wrote:Oh wow

But why now ? Why people didn’t talk just after when all this happened?
Power.
MrDiva
Legend
 
Posts: 10040
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013
Location: Germany

Postby heppolo » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:29 am

Fox News' should have been quiet about this judging by their own trail
No, 'not all men' are like Harvey Weinstein – but apparently the left wants you to think so
Waffles are checked cookies
User avatar
heppolo
Legend
 
Posts: 19851
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009
Location: interchangeable

Postby spiritboy » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:55 am

There are stories about Robert Weistein that's unravelling as well. Won't be surprised if they are true and if Weinstein Co. is cancelled.

Pigs
User avatar
spiritboy
Legend
 
Posts: 22966
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2004
Location: Turkey

Postby SalBoy » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:08 pm

MrDiva wrote:
SalBoy wrote:Oh wow

But why now ? Why people didn’t talk just after when all this happened?
Power.
Power and on the other hand ...
Meaning of Grammy - album of the decade!!!
User avatar
SalBoy
Roadie
 
Posts: 377
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2017

Postby Serby » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:53 am

Apparently Tarantino 'knew' about this. A mess.

https://news.vice.com/story/quentin-tar ... e=vicefbus
be kind to every kind
User avatar
Serby
Dr. Serby
 
Posts: 35809
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011
Location: Halliwell Manor

Postby Serby » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:58 am

Apparently Tarantino 'knew' about this. A mess.

https://news.vice.com/story/quentin-tar ... e=vicefbus
be kind to every kind
User avatar
Serby
Dr. Serby
 
Posts: 35809
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011
Location: Halliwell Manor

Postby android » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:37 pm

heppolo wrote:Fox News' should have been quiet about this judging by their own trail
No, 'not all men' are like Harvey Weinstein – but apparently the left wants you to think so
Sexual harassment has little to do with one side or the other of politics. Fox news should report on it but their analysis has little credence.
User avatar
android
Superstar
 
Posts: 7324
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007
Location: Western Australia

Postby aaliyahman » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:48 pm

It's a big thing. He's a disgrace especially since he's done it for years behind the back of his stunning wife.

I'm so sad for her as I love her on Project Runway.

The women coming out now I sympathise with. It can be a small world on the casting couch. Especially with him around nixing your dreams to sleep with him. On the other side though, there are plenty of characters that wouldn't have thought twice about carrying it out with him just for a step up.

Also this scandal creates a disgusting chink in the feminism perspective. Didn't Rose McGowan ask to replace 'woman' with 'n*gger' to 'see how it felt'? Yes, it's only white womens'plight that is the 'scandal' here in the minds of many.
"What goes around comes back around my baby"
User avatar
aaliyahman
Superstar
 
Posts: 9730
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2006

Postby urbanmusik » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:48 am

aaliyahman wrote:Also this scandal creates a disgusting chink in the feminism perspective. Didn't Rose McGowan ask to replace 'woman' with 'n*gger' to 'see how it felt'? Yes, it's only white womens' plight that is the 'scandal' here in the minds of many.
I wouldn't say this scandal has created a chink, there have always been white feminists who are only really looking out for themselves. Rose McGowan has made transphobic and homophobic comments in recent years when talking about feminism, it doesn't surprise me that she's adding racism to the list. I understand that she's suffered a lot of abuse, but I hate how she tried to erase women of colour in her activism.
User avatar
urbanmusik
The College Dropout
 
Posts: 20688
Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2006
Location: Belfast

Postby DnBLover » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:51 am

"of colour" is an awful expression, everyone has colour.
I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room
User avatar
DnBLover
Legend
 
Posts: 13709
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2009
Location: PT

Postby urbanmusik » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:54 am

DnBLover wrote:"of colour" is an awful expression, everyone has colour.
No it's not, it's a term non-white women have been using of late (mostly on twitter) to unite themselves after being excluded from important conversations (especially feminism).
User avatar
urbanmusik
The College Dropout
 
Posts: 20688
Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2006
Location: Belfast

Postby aaliyahman » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:03 pm

It just leaves a bad taste in my mouth when anyone tries to align sexism with racism. We still have woman of every colour who get treated this way, with NO entitlement.
"What goes around comes back around my baby"
User avatar
aaliyahman
Superstar
 
Posts: 9730
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2006

Postby DnBLover » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:02 pm

urbanmusik wrote:
DnBLover wrote:"of colour" is an awful expression, everyone has colour.
No it's not, it's a term non-white women have been using of late (mostly on twitter) to unite themselves after being excluded from important conversations (especially feminism).
I'm not on Twitter so I wouldn't know. Anyway, all of my black friends with whom I've discussed this in that past stated they did not like that expression, and I've grown to dislike it too.
I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room
User avatar
DnBLover
Legend
 
Posts: 13709
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2009
Location: PT

Postby urbanmusik » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:31 pm

DnBLover wrote:
urbanmusik wrote:
DnBLover wrote:"of colour" is an awful expression, everyone has colour.
No it's not, it's a term non-white women have been using of late (mostly on twitter) to unite themselves after being excluded from important conversations (especially feminism).
I'm not on Twitter so I wouldn't know. Anyway, all of my black friends with whom I've discussed this in that past stated they did not like that expression, and I've grown to dislike it too.
The term isn't specifically referring to one ethnicity, but rather anyone who isn't white. The term "person of colour" grew in popularity due to being used by activists as a form of solidarity, and in opposition to the degrading term "coloured" that was used against them.

A lot of people don't like the term "women of colour" because of its vagueness, but it does prove useful in uniting different people (especially when it comes to social justice), rather than listing off an endless list of ethnicities. It's understandable that people don't like the term, with debates ranging from it affirming white supremacy to erasing ethnicity. However it's the most widely accepted term as opposed to "minority" or "non-white".



Loretta Ross explains the term better than I could ever.
User avatar
urbanmusik
The College Dropout
 
Posts: 20688
Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2006
Location: Belfast

Postby DnBLover » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:44 pm

^ thanks. I had no idea.
I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room
User avatar
DnBLover
Legend
 
Posts: 13709
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2009
Location: PT

Postby Serby » Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:17 pm

Are your friends from English speaking countries? Cuz Im quite sure it varies from language to language and in German, saying coloured is a pollitically correct term afaik.

Can't think of any Serbian word for it tho, anything with colour in it would sound extremly bad in our language tbh.
be kind to every kind
User avatar
Serby
Dr. Serby
 
Posts: 35809
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011
Location: Halliwell Manor

Postby ThaInfo1 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:08 am

I really do hate that the only one he tried to speak against was Lupita (who I believe is the only black one that has shared her experience....and I could be wrong, excuse me if I am...I haven't fully kept up with the case). He can take a first class trip to hell for all I care. What a sick ****.
'SCAPE
User avatar
ThaInfo1
Legend
 
Posts: 21708
Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2006
Location: Wherever your fine daddy is at.

Postby menime123 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:42 am

I’m still waiting to find out who complied and got a career. That’ll be the next big story. We’ve already had people like Clooney explain how he used to brag about who he had slept with.

You know, I wouldn’t be surprised if this ended up with Harvey writing the biggest Hollywood exposé - when the dust dies down (and it will) he has nothing to lose by dishing all sorts of dirt on anyone and everyone.
Girls Aloud: only 4 years left of my decade long signature countdown to my dream 20th anniversary reunion tour...
User avatar
menime123
Legend
 
Posts: 12564
Joined: Sun May 01, 2005

Postby LittleLinda » Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:20 am

menime123 wrote:I’m still waiting to find out who complied and got a career.
Why exactly? I see no purpose in knowing that, unless one wants to fingerpoint and call them sluts or talentless, neither of which would necessarily be true. Not saying that you would, but as I said: I don't see why it would be of interest.
User avatar
LittleLinda
Manager
 
Posts: 3825
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008
Location: Bavarian Exile, Germany

Postby menime123 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:36 am

LittleLinda wrote:
menime123 wrote:I’m still waiting to find out who complied and got a career.
Why exactly? I see no purpose in knowing that, unless one wants to fingerpoint and call them sluts or talentless, neither of which would necessarily be true. Not saying that you would, but as I said: I don't see why it would be of interest.
It’s the next part of the story, that’s all. I don’t - and wouldn’t - judge anyone for using sex to further a career, but the people who complied willingly are the ones who re-inforced his behaviour.
Girls Aloud: only 4 years left of my decade long signature countdown to my dream 20th anniversary reunion tour...
User avatar
menime123
Legend
 
Posts: 12564
Joined: Sun May 01, 2005

Postby Affillate » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:41 am

Uma Thurman breaks her silence. This article also sheds some surprising insight on her relationship with Quentin Tarantino and an incident with a stunt on the set of Kill Bill: New York Times: This Is Why Uma Thurman Is Angry
User avatar
Affillate
Manager
 
Posts: 4363
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013
Location: Sydney, Australia

Postby urbanmusik » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:54 am

That was a difficult read, but I'm glad Uma Thurman was able to properly speak out. A lot of the facebook comments I've seen under sites posting her article are sick.

Terry Richardson has finally seen a lot of fashion brands cut ties with him after numerous assault claims over the past year (that had been ignored for years before despite being basically public knowledge). Claims that his best friend Jared Leto has been involved with underage girls seem to be coming out of the woodwork again.
User avatar
urbanmusik
The College Dropout
 
Posts: 20688
Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2006
Location: Belfast

Postby BehindBreakaway » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:14 am

urbanmusik wrote:That was a difficult read, but I'm glad Uma Thurman was able to properly speak out. A lot of the facebook comments I've seen under sites posting her article are sick.

Terry Richardson has finally seen a lot of fashion brands cut ties with him after numerous assault claims over the past year (that had been ignored for years before despite being basically public knowledge). Claims that his best friend Jared Leto has been involved with underage girls seem to be coming out of the woodwork again.
Terry is disgusting. I don't know why so many still worked with him after the rumours started
3 months and I'm still sober, picked all my weeds but kept the flowers!
User avatar
BehindBreakaway
Manager
 
Posts: 2158
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016

Postby joiPrince_JO » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:29 am

Y'all should check out Rose McGowan's book Brave. Its really touching and amazing.
Girls' Generation
HyoYeonBritney Spears

Girls' Generation is the best-selling girl group of all time.
User avatar
joiPrince_JO
Legend
 
Posts: 10580
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011
Location: Austria

Return to Celebrity Gossip