The Harvey Weinstein sexual harassment scandal

Postby KEY9481 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:03 am

Trauma.
And like I said already, the power that man has in the industry is insane.
5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016
KEY9481
Manager

Postby MrDiva » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:26 am

SalBoy wrote:Oh wow

But why now ? Why people didn’t talk just after when all this happened?
Power.
LIKE VICTORIA FOX ON FACEBOOK
https://www.facebook.com/VictoriaFoxNow/
Follow me on Instagram @mrdeeva
MrDiva
Superstar

Postby heppolo » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:29 am

Fox News' should have been quiet about this judging by their own trail
No, 'not all men' are like Harvey Weinstein – but apparently the left wants you to think so
Waffles are checked cookies
heppolo
Legend

Postby spiritboy » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:55 am

There are stories about Robert Weistein that's unravelling as well. Won't be surprised if they are true and if Weinstein Co. is cancelled.

Pigs
spiritboy
Legend

Postby SalBoy » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:08 pm

MrDiva wrote:
SalBoy wrote:Oh wow

But why now ? Why people didn’t talk just after when all this happened?
Power.
Power and on the other hand ...
Meaning of Grammy - album of the decade!!!
SalBoy
Roadie

Postby Serby » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:53 am

Apparently Tarantino 'knew' about this. A mess.

https://news.vice.com/story/quentin-tar ... e=vicefbus
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby Serby » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:58 am

Apparently Tarantino 'knew' about this. A mess.

https://news.vice.com/story/quentin-tar ... e=vicefbus
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby android » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:37 pm

heppolo wrote:Fox News' should have been quiet about this judging by their own trail
No, 'not all men' are like Harvey Weinstein – but apparently the left wants you to think so
Sexual harassment has little to do with one side or the other of politics. Fox news should report on it but their analysis has little credence.
android
Superstar

Postby aaliyahman » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:48 pm

It's a big thing. He's a disgrace especially since he's done it for years behind the back of his stunning wife.

I'm so sad for her as I love her on Project Runway.

The women coming out now I sympathise with. It can be a small world on the casting couch. Especially with him around nixing your dreams to sleep with him. On the other side though, there are plenty of characters that wouldn't have thought twice about carrying it out with him just for a step up.

Also this scandal creates a disgusting chink in the feminism perspective. Didn't Rose McGowan ask to replace 'woman' with 'n*gger' to 'see how it felt'? Yes, it's only white womens'plight that is the 'scandal' here in the minds of many.
"What goes around comes back around my baby"
aaliyahman
Superstar

Postby urbanmusik » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:48 am

aaliyahman wrote:Also this scandal creates a disgusting chink in the feminism perspective. Didn't Rose McGowan ask to replace 'woman' with 'n*gger' to 'see how it felt'? Yes, it's only white womens' plight that is the 'scandal' here in the minds of many.
I wouldn't say this scandal has created a chink, there have always been white feminists who are only really looking out for themselves. Rose McGowan has made transphobic and homophobic comments in recent years when talking about feminism, it doesn't surprise me that she's adding racism to the list. I understand that she's suffered a lot of abuse, but I hate how she tried to erase women of colour in her activism.
urbanmusik
The College Dropout

Postby DnBLover » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:51 am

"of colour" is an awful expression, everyone has colour.
I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room
DnBLover
Legend

Postby urbanmusik » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:54 am

DnBLover wrote:"of colour" is an awful expression, everyone has colour.
No it's not, it's a term non-white women have been using of late (mostly on twitter) to unite themselves after being excluded from important conversations (especially feminism).
urbanmusik
The College Dropout

Postby aaliyahman » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:03 pm

It just leaves a bad taste in my mouth when anyone tries to align sexism with racism. We still have woman of every colour who get treated this way, with NO entitlement.
"What goes around comes back around my baby"
aaliyahman
Superstar

Postby DnBLover » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:02 pm

urbanmusik wrote:
No it's not, it's a term non-white women have been using of late (mostly on twitter) to unite themselves after being excluded from important conversations (especially feminism).
I'm not on Twitter so I wouldn't know. Anyway, all of my black friends with whom I've discussed this in that past stated they did not like that expression, and I've grown to dislike it too.
DnBLover
Legend

Postby urbanmusik » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:31 pm

DnBLover wrote:
urbanmusik wrote:
I'm not on Twitter so I wouldn't know. Anyway, all of my black friends with whom I've discussed this in that past stated they did not like that expression, and I've grown to dislike it too.
The term isn't specifically referring to one ethnicity, but rather anyone who isn't white. The term "person of colour" grew in popularity due to being used by activists as a form of solidarity, and in opposition to the degrading term "coloured" that was used against them.

A lot of people don't like the term "women of colour" because of its vagueness, but it does prove useful in uniting different people (especially when it comes to social justice), rather than listing off an endless list of ethnicities. It's understandable that people don't like the term, with debates ranging from it affirming white supremacy to erasing ethnicity. However it's the most widely accepted term as opposed to "minority" or "non-white".

Loretta Ross explains the term better than I could ever.
urbanmusik
The College Dropout

Postby DnBLover » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:44 pm

^ thanks. I had no idea.
DnBLover
Legend

Postby Serby » Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:17 pm

Are your friends from English speaking countries? Cuz Im quite sure it varies from language to language and in German, saying coloured is a pollitically correct term afaik.

Can't think of any Serbian word for it tho, anything with colour in it would sound extremly bad in our language tbh.
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby ThaInfo1 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:08 am

I really do hate that the only one he tried to speak against was Lupita (who I believe is the only black one that has shared her experience....and I could be wrong, excuse me if I am...I haven't fully kept up with the case). He can take a first class trip to hell for all I care. What a sick ****.
SEE.sza.RUN
ThaInfo1
Legend

Postby menime123 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:42 am

I’m still waiting to find out who complied and got a career. That’ll be the next big story. We’ve already had people like Clooney explain how he used to brag about who he had slept with.

You know, I wouldn’t be surprised if this ended up with Harvey writing the biggest Hollywood exposé - when the dust dies down (and it will) he has nothing to lose by dishing all sorts of dirt on anyone and everyone.
Girls Aloud: Only 5 years until their 20th anniversary reunion tour! (and only 5 years until I can change my signature...)
menime123
Superstar

Postby LittleLinda » Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:20 am

menime123 wrote:I’m still waiting to find out who complied and got a career.
Why exactly? I see no purpose in knowing that, unless one wants to fingerpoint and call them sluts or talentless, neither of which would necessarily be true. Not saying that you would, but as I said: I don't see why it would be of interest.
LittleLinda
Manager

Postby menime123 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:36 am

LittleLinda wrote:
menime123 wrote:I’m still waiting to find out who complied and got a career.
Why exactly? I see no purpose in knowing that, unless one wants to fingerpoint and call them sluts or talentless, neither of which would necessarily be true. Not saying that you would, but as I said: I don't see why it would be of interest.
It’s the next part of the story, that’s all. I don’t - and wouldn’t - judge anyone for using sex to further a career, but the people who complied willingly are the ones who re-inforced his behaviour.
Girls Aloud: Only 5 years until their 20th anniversary reunion tour! (and only 5 years until I can change my signature...)
menime123
Superstar

Return to Celebrity Gossip