ThaInfo1 wrote:Can I get spark notes version of what she exposed? Haven't it's been known that TMZ is trash? And I don't think this is the first time I heard that about Andy being trash either.
- The boss of TMZ has been 'stalking' her and called her on her personal number, so she exposed his number during the phone call
- The Boss of TMZ has weekly talks with president Donald Trump
- TMZ were responsible for a lot of the shit she got after the infamous Trump picture, even her old mum and sick sister were harrased
- Andy twice asked her to do coke with him when she was on his show
- She exposes loads of people who has worked for her and didn't support her.
I only watched about 8 minutes of the video, because in all honesty all I saw was the ramblings of a self-entitled, butthurt woman. Now, before someone calls me hater: I don't know Kathy Griffin or her career. I've heard her name, and that she's a comedian or TV star or something, and I've read about the Trump mask scandal, but this video was literally the first time I've seen her or heard her speak. Yes, I live under a rock, apparently.
As for the points she raised:
- The TMZ guy stalking her - that's bad, but all she "exposed" is that he somehow got her private number and has called her, asking for a callback. So now she exposes his number to the world - that's a rotten thing to do. Now, I'm not arguing that there may be more to his stalking, but from what she showed and told (in the first 8 minutes) it seemed harmless, albeit annoying.
- The TMZ guy having regular calls with Trump: So he's one of many idiots who supports the sorry excuse for a president. Unfortunate, but hardly a crime.
- TMZ being responsible for people harrassing her over the Trump scandal: Unfortunately, that's how the internet works. You do controversial stuff, you garner a shitstorm. She did point out that TMZ covered the consequences of that scandal over and over again and called it an "attack" on her. But what exactly is she expecting from a celeb news blog, especially if the owner is Pro-Trump? That's the risk you take when you do things like that, especially political things. She seems to imply that TMZ was repsonsible for her mother's and sister's data getting out (thus people being able to terrorize them), but that seems like speculation.
- Andy Cohen offering her coke: So he's a druggie. How shocking.
- lots of people she worked with didn't support her: Again: How shocking. That's life. Some people love you, some people hate you, some don't give two sh***. It's the same everywhere. And we are talking about the entertainment biz. Is she saying that there are some egotistical opportunists working in entertainment? You don't say!
I realize that I come off like a hater in this post, but as I said: I literally had no opinion on Kathy Griffin before this. And now I'm just trying to figure out what these horrible things are that she is exposing, but I just don't see her point.
Both Cohen and that TMZ guy (I keep forgetting his name) might be a-holes, but her video did nothing to bring that point home, imho. Maybe I should watch the rest of it at some point, I dunno.