Kevin Spacey comes out

Postby SalBoy » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:09 am

Meaning of Grammy - album of the decade!!!
SalBoy
Roadie

Postby joiPrince_JO » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:23 am

After being accused of abusing a 14 year old.
Girls' Generation
HyoYeonBritney Spears

Girls' Generation is the best-selling girl group of all time.
joiPrince_JO
Legend

Postby Ewokguy15 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:51 am

joiPrince_JO wrote:After being accused of abusing a 14 year old.
30 Years Ago!!!!!

All of these sexual abuse claims are staring to get ridiculous now.

Why was a 14 year old at this apartment till midnight alone in the first place?
Ewokguy15
Manager

Postby joiPrince_JO » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:03 am

Ewokguy15 wrote:
30 Years Ago!!!!!
I'm assuming that makes it okay?
Girls' Generation
HyoYeonBritney Spears

Girls' Generation is the best-selling girl group of all time.
joiPrince_JO
Legend

Postby Ewokguy15 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:40 am

joiPrince_JO wrote:
Ewokguy15 wrote:
30 Years Ago!!!!!
I didn’t say that. I just find it funny that all this stuff is coming out now whether it happened or not, why wait 30 years.
Ewokguy15
Manager

Postby Mikerocha » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:56 am

Because until now people were afraid of losing their careers or being blacklisted in hollywood for speaking up.

It seems like for the past couple of months a new revolution of telling the truth behind closed doors is getting people to tell their sides of stories.
I'm ready to be loved and love the way I should
Life's about, life's about to get good
Mikerocha
Superstar

Postby Fan » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:30 am

Ewokguy15 wrote:
30 Years Ago!!!!!

All of these sexual abuse claims are staring to get ridiculous now.

Why was a 14 year old at this apartment till midnight alone in the first place?
Ridiculous!? There is only one thing that is ridiculous and that's abusing a 14 year old. And you do know your last sentence is just victim blaming, right?
i wanna see you on your knees, wanna see you begging
Fan
Legend

Postby Ewokguy15 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:34 am

No one knows what happened back in 1986 or if anything even did happen. Just cause some random actor comes out and says Kevin Spacey tried it on with him doesnt make it true.

I prefer to see the good in people. Most people are just jumping to conclusions without a shred or proof.

I get that Harvey Weinstein is a terrible person and a predator but not all of these allegations have to be true.
Last edited by Ewokguy15 on Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ewokguy15
Manager

Postby Fan » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:39 am

I doubt he would get such a reaction if there wasn't some truth in the story, he would just deny it. It's just so interesting that a story comes out, he reacts to in and in the same reaction how also comes out as a gay man. Feels like he wants the abuse story to go away as quickly as possible, so makes up for it with another story. Why would he otherwise pick exactly this moment as a coming out?
i wanna see you on your knees, wanna see you begging
Fan
Legend

Postby Bojan » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:50 am

It's not enough to say you're a victim to be a victim. The fact is, we know nothing and it's ridiculous to accuse anyone of anything.
Bojan
Manager

Postby SalBoy » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:56 am

Ewokguy15 wrote:No one knows what happened back in 1986 or if anything even did happen. Just cause some random actor comes out and says Kevin Spacey tried it on with him doesnt make it true.

I prefer to see the good in people. Most people are just jumping to conclusions without a shred or proof.

I get that Harvey Weinstein is a terrible person and a predator but not all of these allegations have to be true.
Finally some smart ass in this forum

Respect
SalBoy
Roadie

Postby SalBoy » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:06 am

Fan wrote:I doubt he would get such a reaction if there wasn't some truth in the story, he would just deny it. It's just so interesting that a story comes out, he reacts to in and in the same reaction how also comes out as a gay man. Feels like he wants the abuse story to go away as quickly as possible, so makes up for it with another story. Why would he otherwise pick exactly this moment as a coming out?
He is 58 years old guy. He has nothing to lose. He is not playing anymore big roles and he wants to live his life without being hidden behind all this Hollywood’s wall of shame. Whole this situation with the other guy Harvey W everyone now just recalled themselves everything. People trying this way get some fame and attention plus destroys somebody’s career and life. That’s what this unsuccessful actor Rapp is trying to do. Bring his boring and unattractive personality to life. In my opinion if that happened at his 14s he could do more damage in 1986... now this just “pathetic you triedT” thing because now Hollywood is like witch hunting so why not me (Rapp thought).
Last edited by SalBoy on Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:09 am, edited 3 times in total.
SalBoy
Roadie

Postby KEY9481 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:07 am

Ewokguy15 wrote:
joiPrince_JO wrote:
Ewokguy15 wrote:
30 Years Ago!!!!!
I didn’t say that. I just find it funny that all this stuff is coming out now whether it happened or not, why wait 30 years.
Oh my God. Why wait? For this exact reason.
5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016
KEY9481
Manager

Postby Hugo » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:26 am

I hate it that he felt the need to come out after being accused. :(

Being gay doesn't justify that behaviour and there are plenty of people that think like that already... Not helping, Kevin.
"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
Hugo
HAL 9000

Postby ArmyOfMe » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:53 am

I'm just eyerolling at some of the comments.
ArmyOfMe
Superstar

Postby firefly_86 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:01 am

LOL his sexuality was the worst kept secret ever since he lied about getting mugged at 4am while walking his dog in Kennington park which also happens to be a well known dogging spot for gay men :roll:
firefly_86
Manager

Postby Odyssey » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:08 am

Hollywood actor gay? Shocking :o
Odyssey
Personal Assistant

Postby cristy » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:24 am

He just threw the entire gay community under the bus. :evil:

Now all the homophobic ignorants have more ammunition for their whole "all gays are paedophiles" rants. Even more so, in his statement, he says "I choose to live as a gay man". So now it's also a choice?! I am disgusted by him.

He could've been an important gay rights activist if he wanted to, but he chose to keep his personal life private, which I've always respected. But now he's suddenly coming out just to distract the media from the accusations against him. Now he's no longer so private because it benefits him.
cristy
Superstar

Postby MrLeonix » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:59 am

I wonder how many more Hollywood Actors are in the closet? Because I really never suspected nothing on Kevin Spacey. If he'd never came out I would have never guessed he was gay. I only watched his movies tho, never saw anything else from his personal life before, so I don't know if there were some rumors priorly.
Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . U2 . Radiohead . Lenny Kravitz . Led Zeppelin . Daft Punk . Oasis . Eminem . Metallica . Soda Stereo
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby Hugo » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:06 pm

MrLeonix wrote:I wonder how many more Hollywood Actors are in the closet? Because I really never suspected nothing on Kevin Spacey. If he'd never came out I would have never guessed he was gay. I only watched his movies tho, never saw anything else from his personal life before, so I don't know if there were some rumors priorly.
Everyone knew about him.
"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
Hugo
HAL 9000

Postby menime123 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:18 pm

MrLeonix wrote:I wonder how many more Hollywood Actors are in the closet? Because I really never suspected nothing on Kevin Spacey. If he'd never came out I would have never guessed he was gay. I only watched his movies tho, never saw anything else from his personal life before.
I didn’t know either and wouldn’t have guessed actually. The thing is, with actors in general, in order to be really successful they need us to believe they are their character. Generally I prefer not to know much about the private lives of any actor because I don’t want to watch the actor - I want to watch the character.

I am all for gay equality but I do think there is something distracting in watching an openly gay man play a heterosexual romantic role. I know that view may be classed as homophobic - and I’m gay - and it should be no different to watching someone playing a murderer because we know they aren’t actually a murderer.

Except if we did find out later they had actually murdered someone then if you rewatch them playing an murderer it your relationship changes with what you’re viewing - and I think it’s the same with actors and their sexuality.

I’m not saying actors should be closeted, but I do disagree with the media feeling it’s newsworthy to report someone is gay. Let people live their lives.
Girls Aloud: Only 5 years until their 20th anniversary reunion tour! (and only 5 years until I can change my signature...)
menime123
Superstar

Postby Biebz » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:20 pm

Why are you comparing murderers to gay people? :lol:
my reputation's never been worse so you must like me for me
Biebz
Best Damn Member

Postby menime123 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:36 pm

Biebz wrote:Why are you comparing murderers to gay people? :lol:
I’m not comparing murders to gay people at all. Don’t be so dense. It is about how an actor’s personal life informs our relationship with what we see onscreen.
Girls Aloud: Only 5 years until their 20th anniversary reunion tour! (and only 5 years until I can change my signature...)
menime123
Superstar

Postby SholasBoy » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:01 pm

Bizarrely Spacey hasn't even denied it and instead said he can't remember but was probably drunk :-?
SholasBoy
Chief Wig Snatcher

Postby JSparksFan » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:08 pm

Hugo wrote:I hate it that he felt the need to come out after being accused. :(

Being gay doesn't justify that behaviour and there are plenty of people that think like that already... Not helping, Kevin.
My thoughts exactly. It's also a little weird how the media (and I guess even the OP) is framing this more as a coming out than a (probable) admission of guilt of sexual assault of a minor.
"You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read." - James Baldwin
JSparksFan
Legend

Return to Celebrity Gossip