Kevin Spacey comes out

Postby MrDiva » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:28 pm

ArmyOfMe wrote:I'm just eyerolling at some of the comments.
LIKE VICTORIA FOX ON FACEBOOK
https://www.facebook.com/VictoriaFoxNow/
Follow me on Instagram @mrdeeva
MrDiva
Superstar

Postby Ewokguy15 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:05 am

A former Playmate has accused Jeremy Piven of sexual misconduct. Hopefully his show gets cancelled and reputation ruined now!!!! She said it so it must be true!!!!
Ewokguy15
Manager

Postby MrLeonix » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:38 am

^ Also another guy said he was harrased by Kevin in 2003, and its been said that more stories will come up and more people will speak.

Apparently he was indeed quite abusive and predatory. He's getting his projects cancelled, he had a deal to give an acting class online and the gig has been cancelled as well.

I think his career is over.
Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . U2 . Radiohead . Lenny Kravitz . Led Zeppelin . Daft Punk . Oasis . Eminem . Metallica . Soda Stereo
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby jochen » Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:38 pm

I Never liked him
YOU cant blame nobody but YOU
jochen
Manager

Postby Carbon » Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:42 pm

I wonder how anyone can think that coming out to distract from a rape accusation is ever a good idea and can pass unnoticed. He deserves all the backlash for that (and for the abuse if it's true).
Ја кријам главата под шалот.
Само на веѓите ми се гледа
дека мислам на тебе.

last.fm
Carbon
Legend

Postby urbanmusik » Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:56 pm

Kevin Spacey wasn't out already?

Everything about his statement is horrible. The whole "I'm drunk but that could have happened" line is a failed cop out that really just exposes that preying on 14 year olds is something he doesn't consider out of his nature.

Throwing the LGBT community under the bus by bridging the child abuse accusation to him "choosing" to be gay is disgusting and only gives right wing homophobes the ammunition they've been using to stop people from coming out for years.

Comments from the likes of @Ewokguy15 and @Salboy are damaging; I hope you're never that insensitive to a friend or family member if they trust you enough to tell you about past abuse.
urbanmusik
The College Dropout

Postby ginnyfan » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:32 pm

Ewokguy15 wrote:No one knows what happened back in 1986 or if anything even did happen. Just cause some random actor comes out and says Kevin Spacey tried it on with him doesnt make it true.

I prefer to see the good in people. Most people are just jumping to conclusions without a shred or proof.

I get that Harvey Weinstein is a terrible person and a predator but not all of these allegations have to be true.
It's ridiculous. Pretty much anyone can come out with a random accusation from decades ago against any celeb. Hollywood must be in panic. Both real predators and innocent people could be the next target. No one can prove anything but no one dares to deny it because the media would get on their case even more.

While Hollywood is, most of the time, a sleazy place where all kind of stuff happens and has happened for ages, we don't really need to know every single detail. :roll:
BRUSHES WITH DARKNESS WON'T HELP YOU CREATE
ginnyfan
Superstar

Postby RayRay » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:52 pm

urbanmusik wrote:Kevin Spacey wasn't out already?

Everything about his statement is horrible. The whole "I'm drunk but that could have happened" line is a failed cop out that really just exposes that preying on 14 year olds is something he doesn't consider out of his nature.

That's what I thought too.
Now more men has come forward, he has even said he will get help.
If you are innocent you won't apologize and go looking for professional help.
RayRay
Superstar

Postby Goldmoney » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:18 am

He always seemed slimy to me
Goldmoney
Legend

Postby Loveguru » Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:01 am

MrDiva wrote:
ArmyOfMe wrote:I'm just eyerolling at some of the comments.
Forever Young
Loveguru
Legend

Postby Muzikritik » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:27 am

RayRay wrote:
urbanmusik wrote:Kevin Spacey wasn't out already?

That's what I thought too.
Now more men has come forward, he has even said he will get help.
If you are innocent you won't apologize and go looking for professional help.
Not sure I agree with the last sentence. Innocence in this sense can be subjective, at least according to the law, not to mention Kevin's own personal morality. Had nothing happened between the two of them, I would still argue that inviting a 14-year-old to a party at the age of 26 when there is even a hint of attraction on your part, is risky. At 26, you should know better. But he also seems not to have been very accepting of his sexuality at that age, and, for all we know, he could legitimately have just been trying to befriend him seeing as he was new in town.

As someone who has spent a fair amount of time in blackout with little to no recollection of where I went or how I got there, I agree with the statement that being drunk is not an excuse - it just isn't. But even for me - and I don't believe I assaulted anyone in blackout, nor that I was assaulted in blackout - I can never be 100% certain because I wasn't 'present' at the time. I've accepted that at some point in my life, someone may track me down and fill me in on something I may not want to hear. If that happens, I would want to apologise and make amends..... I guess one of the hardest parts of human nature is taking responsibility for something you don't want to...
Muzikritik
Legend

Postby SalBoy » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:43 am

I don’t understand this

How people could wait to reveal this for so long
Meaning of Grammy - album of the decade!!!
SalBoy
Roadie

Postby heppolo » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:47 am

What surprises me is that a fictional american President is being held to a higher standard than the real one
Waffles are checked cookies
heppolo
Legend

Postby stevyy » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:09 am

heppolo wrote:What surprises me is that a fictional american President is being held to a higher standard than the real one
well, Kevin is a real actor... so ppl expect him to be great.

Donald Trump was only a reality TV show starlet... so ppl no he's trashy and don't expect much.

As Donald said, he could shoot someone on Times Square and people would cheer him on and his approval ratings would rise. If he shoots a muslim child, he'd get re-elected...
stevyy
Legend

Postby heppolo » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:17 am

stevyy wrote:
heppolo wrote:What surprises me is that a fictional american President is being held to a higher standard than the real one
well, Kevin is a real actor....
Real actors are sometimes into the weirdest and creepiest stuff anyone can imagine
Waffles are checked cookies
heppolo
Legend

Postby Muzikritik » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:57 pm

Come on now, you could swap the word actor for postman, priest or stockbroker and that sentence would still read true.
Muzikritik
Legend

Postby Serby » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:27 am

:o :o :o

I guy I know worked last year on Nantucket and actually met Kevin cuz he was a security in this fancy bar. Now a guy came out and accused him of attacking him (sexual asault after being made drunk by Kevin) and this guy I know he was 'there' when it happened and he knows the victim, who was his coworker and also knew this happened, but this was all kept secret till now. It apparently happened in the bar itself.

Yup, I deffo dont need more opinions on this. He really is guilty af. And he decided now to come out as gay. Hope he burns in hell, stupid piece of shite. :evil:

Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby Rihab » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:32 am

Usually stuff like this only comes out about people I couldn‘t stand anyway. I actually liked Kevin though. I‘m appalled and disappointed!
Rihab
Legend

Postby Ewokguy15 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:57 am

The thing that annoys me is there people aren't going to the police, they are going to the media, that lessons the whole thing. These people are clearing looking for their 15 mins.
Ewokguy15
Manager

Postby Bojan » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:03 am

Even Mariah Carey? :lol:

#metoo movement appears to be harmful and self-destructive. There are too many cases and it's hard to remember who's alleged victim and who's the predator. People are already moving on to something else, leaving real victims less visible and even more vulnerable than before.
Bojan
Manager

Postby Serby » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:44 am

Ewokguy15 wrote:The thing that annoys me is there people aren't going to the police, they are going to the media, that lessons the whole thing. These people are clearing looking for their 15 mins.
They clearly went to police too.
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby Ewokguy15 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:58 am

Serby wrote:
Ewokguy15 wrote:The thing that annoys me is there people aren't going to the police, they are going to the media, that lessons the whole thing. These people are clearing looking for their 15 mins.
They clearly went to police too.
How is that clear?
Ewokguy15
Manager

Postby Serby » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:00 am

How isnt it? Assuming someone is not a victim just because going to police wasnt the first thing they did is kinda stupid tbh.
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby Ewokguy15 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:12 am

Serby wrote:How isnt it? Assuming someone is not a victim just because going to police wasnt the first thing they did is kinda stupid tbh.
Don’t be so naive. You don’t wait 10, 20 or 30 years then go to the media to report a supposed crime if you want justice, you do that to get your name in the paper etc.

Andrew Rapp for instance, he has been acting for 20-30 years and only from this are people actually learning his name. If it affected him so badly he wouldn’t have waited 30 years to say what had happened and did he go to the police? No, he went to the press.
Ewokguy15
Manager

Postby cristy » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:38 am

Ewokguy15 wrote:
Serby wrote:How isnt it? Assuming someone is not a victim just because going to police wasnt the first thing they did is kinda stupid tbh.
Don’t be so naive. You don’t wait 10, 20 or 30 years then go to the media to report a supposed crime if you want justice, you do that to get your name in the paper etc.

Andrew Rapp for instance, he has been acting for 20-30 years and only from this are people actually learning his name. If it affected him so badly he wouldn’t have waited 30 years to say what had happened and did he go to the police? No, he went to the press.
It's Anthony Rapp, not Andrew, and yes, he might not be the biggest name in Hollywood but he's had a successful Broadway career and is a series regular on Star Trek: Discovery so it's not like he was out of work and looking to get his name out there.
If he was chasing fame he would've done this years ago, not when he's 46. He finally came out with these allegations because he finally felt that people would believe him and he did so in order to expose Spacey and prevent others from enduring his abuse and judging by the growing number of allegations against him, he was right.

The police can't always do much in certain cases. If the case is too old then there's the statute of limitations, in other cases if there's not enough concrete evidence, just someone's word (no witnesses etc.) the police won't even open an investigation.
cristy
Superstar

Return to Celebrity Gossip