Dustin Hoffman accused of sexual harassment

Postby DnBLover » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:28 pm

This news is borderline ridiculous and calling him a sexual predator over this is just insane.
I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room
DnBLover
Legend

Postby Fan » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:40 pm

menime123 wrote:
Fan wrote:I'm loving the fact how all these diry bastards are getting exposed at the moment, bring it!! I do however worry that we will get some false claims as well and innocent people are being damaged- but just look at this guy's reply. 'Anything I might have done' sounds like a 'I don't and didn't give a ****'. Because if he was innocent, he would just deny it, wouldn't he?
But just look at what you’re saying - you’re calling him out as a ‘dirty bastard’ yet go on to hope no one innocent gets caught up in this. That right there is the problem - people condemn based on a woman’s version of the truth.

I won’t get into specifics of any of these cases because in all honesty it’s not my job to pass judgement as I have no way of knowing the truth. What I will say is that we have to view incidents in context, something I think the world forgets about. 20, 30, 40 years ago attitudes were different and what is considered harassment now was not necessarily the case at the time.

I don’t defend anyone - that’s not my job. But to look at it another way, gay discrimination, hate crimes etc are all illegal now. Do we see anyone being vindicated for hating on gays back in the 1980s? Is it not possible that someone that did in the 1980s now views it different as society has progressed and being gay is more acceptable?

I feel the same logic has to - to an extent - be applied here. To ruin someone’s reputation when actually, he didn’t sexually assault you is a strange thing to do imo. What would have been a crime then and a crime now - definitely not okay and I wouldn’t condone that. But what is considered harassment now wasn’t considered harassment decades ago.
You have seen his reply, right? It's the same tactic Kevin used 'I don't know, I don't remember'. Well, if you clearly didn't do anything wrong you would say so, wouldn't you?

And viewing this in context? Please. What he did was wrong. It was wrong 30 years ago and it's still wrong today. You do not touch someone you do not know in inappropriate places, especially not a minor. That is never going to be okay, no matter the situation. It's rather funny (or actually sad) how nobody on here seems to care about the women or men in these cases and it's all poor Dustin, poor Kevin. They were wrong and will be wrong in my eyes, but each to their own ofcourse.
i wanna see you on your knees, wanna see you begging
Fan
Legend

Postby menime123 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:14 pm

Fan wrote:
menime123 wrote:
Fan wrote:I'm loving the fact how all these diry bastards are getting exposed at the moment, bring it!! I do however worry that we will get some false claims as well and innocent people are being damaged- but just look at this guy's reply. 'Anything I might have done' sounds like a 'I don't and didn't give a ****'. Because if he was innocent, he would just deny it, wouldn't he?
But just look at what you’re saying - you’re calling him out as a ‘dirty bastard’ yet go on to hope no one innocent gets caught up in this. That right there is the problem - people condemn based on a woman’s version of the truth.

I won’t get into specifics of any of these cases because in all honesty it’s not my job to pass judgement as I have no way of knowing the truth. What I will say is that we have to view incidents in context, something I think the world forgets about. 20, 30, 40 years ago attitudes were different and what is considered harassment now was not necessarily the case at the time.

I don’t defend anyone - that’s not my job. But to look at it another way, gay discrimination, hate crimes etc are all illegal now. Do we see anyone being vindicated for hating on gays back in the 1980s? Is it not possible that someone that did in the 1980s now views it different as society has progressed and being gay is more acceptable?

I feel the same logic has to - to an extent - be applied here. To ruin someone’s reputation when actually, he didn’t sexually assault you is a strange thing to do imo. What would have been a crime then and a crime now - definitely not okay and I wouldn’t condone that. But what is considered harassment now wasn’t considered harassment decades ago.
You have seen his reply, right? It's the same tactic Kevin used 'I don't know, I don't remember'. Well, if you clearly didn't do anything wrong you would say so, wouldn't you?

And viewing this in context? Please. What he did was wrong. It was wrong 30 years ago and it's still wrong today. You do not touch someone you do not know in inappropriate places, especially not a minor. That is never going to be okay, no matter the situation. It's rather funny (or actually sad) how nobody on here seems to care about the women or men in these cases and it's all poor Dustin, poor Kevin. They were wrong and will be wrong in my eyes, but each to their own ofcourse.
As I said I’m not taking anyones side, not defending anyone but certainly not judging anyone on the fact the accuser is a woman and therefore must be instantly believed.

What I will say is there are two sides to every story, and three versions of what happened - his version, her version and the truth. Neither me nor you are in a position to accept any form of truth as we have no facts, no evidence and no context.

You are willing to believe the woman because she is a woman. You have no evidence and she has no evidence. I will not condemn anyone simply on the word of another.

If anything illegal happened then the person it happened to should be informing the police, not the media.
Girls Aloud: Only 5 years until their 20th anniversary reunion tour! (and only 5 years until I can change my signature...)
menime123
Superstar

Postby roeleek » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:43 pm

menime123 wrote:
Fan wrote:
menime123 wrote:

As I said I’m not taking anyones side, not defending anyone but certainly not judging anyone on the fact the accuser is a woman and therefore must be instantly believed.

What I will say is there are two sides to every story, and three versions of what happened - his version, her version and the truth. Neither me nor you are in a position to accept any form of truth as we have no facts, no evidence and no context.

You are willing to believe the woman because she is a woman. You have no evidence and she has no evidence. I will not condemn anyone simply on the word of another.

If anything illegal happened then the person it happened to should be informing the police, not the media.
In some countries especially there are statutes of limitation when it comes harassment of sexual nature. Convenient one might argue for the perpetrators. In the UK, any accusation is usually picked up by the met and they will ask victims to come forward and report. Secondly, in libel law, the accuser has to prove their case against the person who's accused etc.
roeleek
Manager

Postby roeleek » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:49 pm

A second allegation has been made. It shadows the points I made earlier about behavior building up, a pattern of behavior that continues over time. This one is just cold and calculating, He wanted to have sex with the woman and used her play as bargaining chip. Once she refused, she was dropped like a rock.

Link: http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/2nd-woman-accuses-dustin-hoffman-sexual-harassment/story?id=50884671
roeleek
Manager

Postby Fan » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:55 am

menime123 wrote:As I said I’m not taking anyones side, not defending anyone but certainly not judging anyone on the fact the accuser is a woman and therefore must be instantly believed.

Yet to think it's okay to make the judgement that "I'm only willing to believe it because she is woman" without even knowing me or know my context. This has literally nothing to do with her gender, if this was a man- I would have reacted the same. As you know, the person in the Kevin story was a man :roll: So I think this is just a very weird comment to make. Why would I believe her, just for being a woman? A lot of men suffer from sexual harassement and rape as well.

To thing is- we know a LOT has happened/is still happening in the industry. Just look at Harvey, Terry Richardson, Kevin Spacey etc. It's about time these stories are getting into the media, they should be helt accountable for their actions. And like I have already pointed out a few times, I don't want to throw people under the bus or believe every story, but Dustin has one comments speak for itself.
i wanna see you on your knees, wanna see you begging
Fan
Legend

Return to Celebrity Gossip