The Spice Girls WILL reunite in 2018

Moderators: biscuits, Benjamin

Postby Wayne » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:24 pm

But only for a new TV special and a new compilation!

SAY YOU'LL BE THERE The Spice Girls will reunite for a TV special and compilation album next year — with Victoria Beckham.

After a round of secret talks that have been taking place since the summer, all five girls are on-board for a 2018 reunion.

THE SPICE Girls will reform for a TV special and compilation album next year – with Victoria Beckham.

Mel C brought about the reunion after she and Posh sunk a previous revival bid.

But sources confirmed the plans are back on track, after Melanie C launched a campaign to get the girls back together.

An insider said: “The five of them have been locked in secret talks since the summer, and finally they are all on-board for a 2018 reunion.

“As it stands, they will be working together on a series of projects, which will include an album and a TV special celebrating the Spice Girls.

“And getting Victoria to agree has been a coup for everyone involved, given she has always been the person holding back on a reunion.

“The fact she is on board now is down to how much closer the five of them have become recently.”

The pop legends, who are working with former boss Simon Fuller on the reunion, are said to have become closer in the wake of Mel B’s explosive divorce battle.

And the birth of Geri’s son Monty is also said to have acted as a “uniting force.”

Source: The Sun
Wayne
Administrator

Postby Mainshow » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:27 pm

Awesone!

Will that album contain any new or previously unreleased material?
#JUSTICE4ALEKSEEV
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:52 pm

They will reunite for a TV special!?

OMG. Are they going to represent the UK in Eurovision with a Hurts-penned track?!
#JUSTICE4ALEKSEEV
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Fan » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:20 pm

Mainshow wrote:OMG. Are they going to represent the UK in Eurovision with a Hurts-penned track?!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Please, stop. I don't think I would be able to cope if that happened.

My friend just send me this article as well and I don't know, The Sun isn't the most trustest source and I don't want to be too excited, but if this is really true. OMG!!

I would be weird for them to release another greatest hits, as their last album was a greatest hits as well.
i wanna see you on your knees, wanna see you begging
Fan
Legend

Postby menime123 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:35 pm

Mainshow wrote:They will reunite for a TV special!?

OMG. Are they going to represent the UK in Eurovision with a Hurts-penned track?!
They write their songs :roll: Mel C I believe has the record for writing the most UK #1 songs by a woman... I think she’s written a combined 13 UK #1 songs and Geri had written a combined total of 11 UK #1 songs. In fact Mel C has written the most UK #1 songs overall, behind only John Lennon and Paul McCartney (although Gary Barlow is on #13 too).
Girls Aloud: only 4 years left of my decade long signature countdown to my dream 20th anniversary reunion tour...
menime123
Legend

Postby heppolo » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:36 pm

Mainshow wrote:
Some mega-floppage.
Waffles are checked cookies
heppolo
Legend

Postby menime123 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:36 pm

It’s been 10 years since they started their reunion tour, leaving on the Olympics and the opening of their musical as the only 2 occasions in the las 10 years all 5 have been together. It won’t happen, but it is time 8-)
Girls Aloud: only 4 years left of my decade long signature countdown to my dream 20th anniversary reunion tour...
menime123
Legend

Postby Thriller » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:11 pm

A compilation? What's the point. We have one and they've not done anything new since.

A TV special would be nice but it should've been last year for their 20th.
Thriller

Postby menime123 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:30 pm

Thriller wrote:A compilation? What's the point. We have one and they've not done anything new since.

A TV special would be nice but it should've been last year for their 20th.
Worked for Steps :lol:
menime123
Legend

Postby croatiaxtina » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:42 pm

I don't want this to happen. This should've happen BUT long time ago.

Now they r old and I can't stand them anymore especially Mel B. So cringe.

Only Victoria has my respect. Hopefully she'll sabotage them and decline this reunion.
croatiaxtina
Legend

Postby BlueScorpion » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:57 pm

A compilation? As said here, their last project was a GH (a very good one btw). Another one is just pointless and stupid.
Hot like the real fever (the real Diva)
So successful yet still so eager
BlueScorpion
Superstar

Postby oaknuys » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:25 am

What happened to the GEM project?

And how come Mel C is suddenly the leading force behind this project? She was opposed to it last year...

I'm personally very much thinking its all just rumors for the time being, specially another greatest hits is simply too much of a stretch whilst considering their last song together was beyond dire and snooze-ish.

I want them back with something fresh and totally new, it worked very well for steps so i cant see why it can't be working for them if they are really into it.
Been reading UkMix everyday for well more than a decade now, and Here I am posting :)
oaknuys
Manager

Postby menime123 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:21 am

oaknuys wrote:What happened to the GEM project?

And how come Mel C is suddenly the leading force behind this project? She was opposed to it last year...

I'm personally very much thinking its all just rumors for the time being, specially another greatest hits is simply too much of a stretch whilst considering their last song together was beyond dire and snooze-ish.

I want them back with something fresh and totally new, it worked very well for steps so i cant see why it can't be working for them if they are really into it.
As soon as Mel C’s album was done everyone said she’d want a reunion :lol:

GEM ended because Geri fell pregnant and clearly Mel B was having personal issues to resolve.
menime123
Legend

Postby BlueScorpion » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:56 am

True like last month Mel C said she wants to concentrate on her solo stuff and that the SG were a "special time in her life". This is so uncalled for.
Hot like the real fever (the real Diva)
So successful yet still so eager
BlueScorpion
Superstar

Postby BehindBreakaway » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:24 pm

Victoria has said its not true. Devastated
3 months and I'm still sober, picked all my weeds but kept the flowers!
BehindBreakaway
Manager

Postby Wayne » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:36 pm

^

Gossip Cop wrote:Spice Girls NOT Set For Reunion Or New Album, Despite Reports

The Spice Girls are not set for a reunion, new album, or TV special in 2018, despite a slew of inaccurate reports. Gossip Cop can exclusively correct this rumor that was widely picked up, yet not fact-checked by anyone except us. We’re told it’s “utter nonsense.”

According to NME, the Spice Girls have “agreed to a reunion in 2018 which will see them record both a new album and a one-off TV special.” The publication writes that the original five members of the Spice Girls (Mel B, Victoria Beckham, Emma Bunton, Mel C and Geri Halliwell) have been “taking part in secret talks about the group’s possible return since the summer, with a 2018 date now agreed for a reunion.” The outlet then quotes a so-called “source” who originally told The Sun, “The five of them have been locked in secret talks since the summer, and finally they are all on-board for a 2018 reunion.”

The same seemingly ill-informed “source” further notes, “As it stands, they will be working together on a series of projects, which will include an album and a TV special celebrating the Spice Girls.” “Getting Victoria to agree has been a coup for everyone involved, given she has always been the person holding back on a reunion,” adds the unnamed “source,” who was quoted by numerous outlets without even questioning whether the claim is true. So, when in 2018 will the reunion happen, and when will the new Spice Girls album be released?

Gossip Cop is exclusively told it’s not happening. A source close to the situation says the tabloid reports are “utter nonsense.” Meanwhile, Beckham’s rep assures us, “Victoria has a lot of love and respect for the Spice Girls and the fun they had, but her future focus is fashion and family only.”

While it’s shocking that so many outlets published the false report without fact-checking, it should be no surprise that there won’t be a reunion. As Gossip Cop reported in March, Beckham told the “Today” show there wouldn’t be another Spice Girls reunion. At the time, the fashion designer and mother of four said on the morning show that after the women regrouped at the closing ceremony of the 2012 Olympics in London, “There won’t be a reunion because… that was so great and that was us celebrating everything that we’d achieved.” And while she maintained they’re all still close, Beckham expressed, “I think you need to know when it’s time to actually say, ‘That was great, we achieved a lot,’ and everybody moves on.”

https://www.gossipcop.com/spice-girls-r ... v-special/
Wayne
Administrator

Postby Benjamin » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:38 pm

Meeeeeeeeh.
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby DOSSOME » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:46 pm

:lol:
DOSSOME
Legend

Postby MrLeonix » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:47 pm

Wayne wrote:Beckham expressed, “I think you need to know when it’s time to actually say, ‘That was great, we achieved a lot,’ and everybody moves on.”
Victoria actually has the most coherent point of view, she really gets it. You can tell she really knows about business, image and taking care of a legacy. The other ones don't seem to realize that doing these reunions cheapens and tarnishes their legacy and brand, they look desperate and like trying to milk the past and a ship that already departed everytime they want to reunite. Majority of people are not here for a group of old women as a girlband performing teen / bubblegum songs that were popular more than 20 years ago, literally last time they were relevant was 1998 or something like that, there is a moment when you have to be classy and simply understand that you have to move on. What Victoria is saying is actually a wise thing that actually does better for their legacy and cult-following.
Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby menime123 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:25 pm

MrLeonix wrote:
Wayne wrote:Beckham expressed, “I think you need to know when it’s time to actually say, ‘That was great, we achieved a lot,’ and everybody moves on.”
Victoria actually has the most coherent point of view, she really gets it. You can tell she really knows about business, image and taking care of a legacy. The other ones don't seem to realize that doing these reunions cheapens and tarnishes their legacy and brand, they look desperate and like trying to milk the past and a ship that already departed everytime they want to reunite. Majority of people are not here for a group of old women as a girlband performing teen / bubblegum songs that were popular more than 20 years ago, literally last time they were relevant was 1998 or something like that, there is a moment when you have to be classy and simply understand that you have to move on. What Victoria is saying is actually a wise thing that actually does better for their legacy and cult-following.
I get it and I get Victoria’s position, but I don’t blame the other 4 wanting to reunite. At the end of the day, they have a willing audience ready and waiting - and I don’t care what anyone says, they have only ever reunited twice in 20 years: once for a tour (where they sold out 17 dates at The o2 and once for a one off Olympic performance.

That’s it.

It must be incredibly frustrating for the other 4 knowing they could be touring the world playing arenas (and possibly making new music) and being celebrated popstars again. It’s all the five of them ever dreamed of - including Victoria.

Now I’m not saying they should force her, fall out with her or demand it of her, because actually I can’t judge Victoria - she did a reunion, she recorded new songs and she released a Greatest Hits album. She did her duty to the band and fans by coming back.

But that doesn’t mean I can’t want more. I just need to hope one day VB decides she’d like to give it another go.
menime123
Legend

Postby Wayne » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:31 pm

Could it work without Victoria? (ala Take That without Robbie)
Wayne
Administrator

Postby menime123 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:55 pm

Wayne wrote:Could it work without Victoria? (ala Take That without Robbie)
Yes, but only if they record new music. Reuniting with a 3rd lineup to sing only the same songs wouldn’t be the same. Take That without Robbie worked because that’s how they originally ended - without him - so it was the same band coming back.

The plan in Spiceworld since the Olympics was always to reunite without Victoria. That’s why VB didn’t turn up to the premiere of their musical with them - it was the first unofficial outing of the new lineup and they were testing the waters. New music was very much on the table then too.

Fast forward a few years and they were planning their 20th anniversary tour - without Victoria. They had the stupid idea of a TV talent show to find a ‘replacement’ or a group of ‘replacements’ to allow the fans to participate and perform with the Spice Girls. It wouldn’t have been an official band replacement or member. Mel C didn’t like this and that’s why she dropped out of the reunion.

GEM moved ahead with the plan (which actually dates back to 1998 as they discussed replacing Geri with a TV show search - Simon Fuller clearly loved the idea and went on to create Pop Idol) and ‘Song For Her’ was recorded as the TV show theme tune. Then there was some behind the scenes drama and when Geri got pregnant they scrapped it all.

Victoria will always support the band and their legacy. She has done and continues to do so. But for now, she’s over it. She and David have their eyes on becoming Sir and Lady Beckham, and frankly, being a Spice Girl doesn’t fit the image. Maybe when she gets the title!
menime123
Legend

Postby NoAngels » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:08 pm

Tired of this news already!!
Don't Worry, Cause You're Really Not That Hard to Replace.
NoAngels
Superstar

Postby DOSSOME » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:17 pm

NoAngels wrote:Tired of this news already!!
DOSSOME
Legend

Postby menime123 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:55 pm

NoAngels wrote:Tired of this news already!!
Yet first in line for tickets once announced? Thought so :lol:
menime123
Legend

Return to Celebrity Gossip