The Spice Girls WILL reunite in 2018

Moderators: biscuits, Benjamin

Postby menime123 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:58 am

Mainshow wrote:
menime123 wrote:
Mainshow wrote:Supporting Act for Britney's UK dates <3
The Spice Girls see Britney’s 2 dates at The o2 and raise her 17 sold out shows at the same venue (2007/08) or sold out Wembley Stadium shows (1998) 8-)
I just want to see the Spice Girls live. Stanned so hard for them in my kindergarden days ♡ And since I already got tickets for Britney's concerts in London.... xD
I think we have more chance of Cersei winning the Iron Throne in the end than VB agreeing to perform, but who knows - maybe I know nothing :lol:
Girls Aloud: only 4 years left of my decade long signature countdown to my dream 20th anniversary reunion tour...
menime123
Legend

Postby NothingFails » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:46 am

I've never been more than someone who thought Spiceworld was cute and liked a few hit singles, but what is VB's deal exactly? Yea.. she's got her "brand" but to where she ignores the music side of her career? Most if not all major pop divas have perfume, clothing, etc... deals going on but still go back to their bread and butter at the end of the day, but yet she seems reluctant to?
NothingFails
Legend

Postby mattsky » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:59 am

I agree with Victoria .
Haven't been early since '88
mattsky
Superstar

Postby GetBack » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:22 am

I can't wait! Thank god Victoria finally said yes! :D :D
Level Up!
GetBack
Legend

Postby Fan » Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:10 am

OMG!! That is literally the only thing I can say at the moment :lol: :lol: This is too much,

NothingFails wrote:I've never been more than someone who thought Spiceworld was cute and liked a few hit singles, but what is VB's deal exactly? Yea.. she's got her "brand" but to where she ignores the music side of her career? Most if not all major pop divas have perfume, clothing, etc... deals going on but still go back to their bread and butter at the end of the day, but yet she seems reluctant to?
As much as I would love for Victoria to go back, I can understand why she wouldn't. You cannot compare her fashion brand to most other clothing lines from popstars. She is a respected designer now who shows at Fashion Week, is often featured in Vogue and is selling incredibly well.
i wanna see you on your knees, wanna see you begging
Fan
Legend

Postby joiPrince_JO » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:00 am

I don't see the point of this. They had the Olympic performance a few years ago and that was an amazing way to go out as a group. This is just gonna be a disappointment. Can't believe that actually got Victoria to agree to this.
Girls' Generation
HyoYeonBritney Spears

Girls' Generation is the best-selling girl group of all time.
joiPrince_JO
Legend

Postby Ewokguy15 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:12 am

Fan wrote: is selling incredibly well.
The brand is bleeding, i read that this year alone the brand lost 8 million dollars. Could be a reason why she is happy to return.
Ewokguy15
Manager

Postby Thriller » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:51 am

The Spice Girls are reportedly reuniting – albeit not for a tour or a new album. The five members of the British girlband have accepted £10m each in a deal that might include television in China, a new talent show, a second greatest hits compilation and a variety of endorsement deals, according to the Sun.

The five-piece met today at Geri Horner’s (formerly Halliwell) Hertfordshire home, along with manager Simon Fuller, who is reportedly driving the reunion. Victoria Beckham is said to have assented on the condition that she doesn’t have to sing. She posted a photograph of the group on her Instagram account.
If this is true, that they're doing it for the money, then that's sad. Victoria said only a few months ago that she wasn't interested in a reunion and all of a sudden she's involved (as long as she doesn't have to sing :roll: ). Mel B does not look good on that photo, I'm surprised Victoria let that get past the edit!

Another compilation without any new/unreleased material is a pointless. The 'talent show' project sounds interesting - I would actually love a show where the girls put together a new girl group.
Thriller

Postby Spartan » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:06 pm

She’s not going to even sing? What’s the point.
Spartan
Legend

Postby GetBack » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:11 pm

Fan wrote:
NothingFails wrote:I've never been more than someone who thought Spiceworld was cute and liked a few hit singles, but what is VB's deal exactly? Yea.. she's got her "brand" but to where she ignores the music side of her career? Most if not all major pop divas have perfume, clothing, etc... deals going on but still go back to their bread and butter at the end of the day, but yet she seems reluctant to?
As much as I would love for Victoria to go back, I can understand why she wouldn't. You cannot compare her fashion brand to most other clothing lines from popstars. She is a respected designer now who shows at Fashion Week, is often featured in Vogue and is selling incredibly well.
Exactly! I can understand her hesitation. It's not like she's acting like a diva for nothing. She has already established herself as a legit fashion designer, and not to mention, the Spice Girls are the biggest girl group ever, it's not like it's a sideline kind of girl group since they have established so much in pop culture.
Level Up!
GetBack
Legend

Postby menime123 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:41 pm

I don’t blame VB for anything. Victoria did her duty and returned in 2007 for a Greatest Hits album, recorded new songs, did promo and toured. She then returned in 2012 for the musical and the Olympics.

As far as fan service, she did it already. She came back. I can’t hold it against her if she no longer wants to because she already obliged.

Would it be nice? Absolutely. But she’s moved on. Let’s not forget she was absolutely mauled by the press for being a pop star, both in the band and as a solo star. She gave it her all and she was given feedback that basically told her she’d be no one without the other 4 or her husband.

The irony being she was far more famous than David and she made him into his own brand. He was public enemy number one for a long time back in the 90s.

As a fashion designer, she has found success on her own terms and it’s important to remember she’s been a designer a lot longer than she was a pop star.
Girls Aloud: only 4 years left of my decade long signature countdown to my dream 20th anniversary reunion tour...
menime123
Legend

Postby GetBack » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:47 pm

Either way, she will be criticized, if Posh spearheaded this reunion, people will say that she's desperate, and if she's not feeling it, people will say that she's obnoxious in not acknowledging her roots. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Level Up!
GetBack
Legend

Postby Jesper » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:33 pm

The five members of the British girlband have accepted £10m each in a deal that might include television in China, a new talent show, a second greatest hits compilation and a variety of endorsement deals, according to the Sun.
Meh, an other Greatest Hits seems lame. I would be more interested in a B-side and Rarity album
Jesper
Legend

Postby menime123 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:07 pm

Jesper wrote:
The five members of the British girlband have accepted £10m each in a deal that might include television in China, a new talent show, a second greatest hits compilation and a variety of endorsement deals, according to the Sun.
Meh, an other Greatest Hits seems lame. I would be more interested in a B-side and Rarity album
WOMAN is coming :lol:
menime123
Legend

Postby Jesper » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:05 am

menime123 wrote:
Jesper wrote:
WOMAN is coming :lol:
A BOP :lol:
Jesper
Legend

Postby biscuits » Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:31 pm

Jesper wrote:B-side and Rarity album
I would love that. Especially a complete version of ‘We’re Gonna Make It Happen’
TheRealest wrote:Chy tf plz biscuits girl
biscuits
The Diva

Postby biscuits » Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:32 pm

Fixed the title
biscuits
The Diva

Postby NothingFails » Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:33 pm

won't they be the Spice Ladies at this point?
NothingFails
Legend

Postby andymusic » Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:39 pm

They will never be successful as they used to be back in the 90s.. :wink:
andymusic
Groupie

Postby biscuits » Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:47 pm

andymusic wrote:They will never be successful as they used to be back in the 90s.. :wink:
Thanks for the newsflash
biscuits
The Diva

Postby LongingHeart » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:11 pm

:lol:
LongingHeart
Manager

Postby heppolo » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:14 pm

andymusic wrote:They will never be successful as they used to be back in the 90s.. :wink:
but that Chinese market :lol:
Waffles are checked cookies
heppolo
Legend

Postby BlueScorpion » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:08 am

biscuits wrote:
Thanks for the newsflash
:lol: :lol:
Hot like the real fever (the real Diva)
So successful yet still so eager
BlueScorpion
Superstar

Postby joiPrince_JO » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:16 am

Victoria Beckham tells British Vogue: "The Spice Girls aren't going on tour"
Sorry Spice Girls fans hoping for a tour, Victoria 'Posh Spice' Beckham says it's not happening.

Ahead of it's fashion show tomorrow, Victoria is in NYC giving a preview of the Autumn/Winter 2018 Victoria Beckham Collection, she was asked by British Vogue about the rumors swirling around about a summer reunion tour happening.

Victoria responded: "I’m not going on tour. The girls aren’t going on tour"

When further pressed about the pictures posted of the girls getting together for tea last week, Victoria said: "It was so great to see the girls. We had such a fun lunch. It was really, really, really lovely. I still speak to them all individually, but for us all to get together was really lovely.” What are the plans, then? “There’s something so strong in the message of what the Spice Girls stood for. What is that in the future? What does that look like? We were just bouncing ideas around. Brainstorming,” Beckham explained, glancing over at her collection lined up on rails for tomorrow’s presentation. “But this is what I do."

http://www.vogue.co.uk/article/spice-gi ... ia-beckham
Girls' Generation
HyoYeonBritney Spears

Girls' Generation is the best-selling girl group of all time.
joiPrince_JO
Legend

Postby SummerPeur » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:36 am

Haven’t they already done this a 100 times?
Yeah, I Bloom
I, Bloom Just For You
I Bloom, Just For Youuuuu
SummerPeur
Superstar

Return to Celebrity Gossip