The Spice Girls WILL reunite in 2019...without Posh

Moderators: biscuits, Benjamin

Postby muzik_biz_wiz » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:18 pm

Mel is definitely bigger than Geri these days. The fact that she kept herself in the spotlight in the UK Aus andnUSA says something. She's the only one with a global career outside of Victoria.
Uk the only way
muzik_biz_wiz
Manager

Postby LongingHeart » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:06 pm

Mel B is probably the least known one in Germany/Austria/Switzerland (along with Emma I guess).

Mel C and Victoria are definitely the most well known
LongingHeart
Manager

Postby SummerPeur » Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:12 am

Vic is still the most successful out of all of them.
How about you Get the F*** Out.
SummerPeur
Legend

Postby mattsky » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:24 am

biscuits wrote:Instagram followers:

Victoria 19M
Mel B 1.1M
Emma 686K
Geri 639K
Mel C 432K

This reflects general popularity IMO
I think Mel C is still more popular than Geri and Emma.
Haven't been early since '88
mattsky
Superstar

Postby joiPrince_JO » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:42 am

The only reason Victoria has any popularity is because she's married to David Beckham.
Girls' Generation
HyoYeonBritney Spears

Girls' Generation is the best-selling girl group of all time.
joiPrince_JO
Legend

Postby SummerPeur » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:55 am

Or because she is highly respected within the fashion world and a smart business woman.
SummerPeur
Legend

Postby menime123 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:39 am

joiPrince_JO wrote:The only reason Victoria has any popularity is because she's married to David Beckham.
The only reason David has any popularity is because he married Victoria. She was the bigger star, and he was absolutely hated back in 1998.
Girls Aloud: only 4 years left of my decade long signature countdown to my dream 20th anniversary reunion tour...
menime123
Legend

Postby Wayne » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:41 am

joiPrince_JO wrote:The only reason Victoria has any popularity is because she's married to David Beckham.
It amazes me to still read comments like this.

I'm not a massive fan but the Beckham brand is 50/50 - she has worked her arse off over the last 20 years to build herself a name.
Wayne
Administrator

Postby Kaloki » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:49 am

Wayne wrote:

I'm not a massive fan but the Beckham brand is 50/50 - she has worked her arse off over the last 20 years to build herself a name.
I think it entirely depends what your interests are how you know them.

My housemates (girls) still know her for her fashion, whereas my brothers are massive football fans and still only know her for being married to David. They couldn’t name a fashion designer if their life depended on it

I think that point shows that Victoria is by far and a way the most well known - she covers more groups of people because of her work and who she’s married to
Kaloki
Manager

Postby menime123 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:56 pm

Kaloki wrote:
Wayne wrote:

I think it entirely depends what your interests are how you know them.

My housemates (girls) still know her for her fashion, whereas my brothers are massive football fans and still only know her for being married to David. They couldn’t name a fashion designer if their life depended on it

I think that point shows that Victoria is by far and a way the most well known - she covers more groups of people because of her work and who she’s married to
But David is arguably less famous than Victoria at the moment. He’s been retired for 5 years and done very little since, whilst Victoria’s fame as a respected designer increases year on year.
Girls Aloud: only 4 years left of my decade long signature countdown to my dream 20th anniversary reunion tour...
menime123
Legend

Postby MrLeonix » Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:08 pm

Here in Latin America David Beckham is way more famous than Victoria. Like there's not even comparison.

... And yes, David definately helped to her post-Spice Girls profile a lot, there's no reason for denying that.
Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby menime123 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:07 pm

Actually VB got the biggest cheer on the 2007 reunion tour, and this was before she was a fashion designer - and very much a WAG.
menime123
Legend

Postby mattsky » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:15 pm

David and Victoria are a brand - together! There's no doubt about! They are still relevant partly because they are such a power couple!
Haven't been early since '88
mattsky
Superstar

Postby MusicRecords » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:47 pm

I mean cmon even Brooklyn is getting media attention, they ARE rich and successful af, and Victoria is def the most well known spice girl whatever way you put it..
Follow me on Instagram

The ONLY user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

#KING
MusicRecords
HRH King Nick III

Postby ThaInfo1 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:49 pm

MusicRecords wrote:I mean cmon even Brooklyn is getting media attention, they ARE rich and successful af, and Victoria is def the most well known spice girl whatever way you put it..
And that's that on that!
'SCAPE
ThaInfo1
Legend

Postby Wayne » Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:24 am

SAY YOU'LL BE THERE Spice Girls WILL reunite for a 13-date UK tour next year including three Wembley stadium shows — but Victoria Beckham won’t take part

Music mogul Simon Fuller is masterminding the comeback, and it stands to net the girls around £12million each

MEL B will have help with her reported £1.2million in legal fees — she is set for a bumper payday after agreeing a reunion tour with the Spice Girls, the Sun on Sunday can reveal.

The group will reunite for 13-date UK tour next year, culminating with three nights at Wembley Stadium.

Victoria Beckham will not be performing with her former bandmates.

Instead it will be left to Mel, plus Geri Horner, Emma Bunton and Melanie Chisholm to take to the stage.

Music mogul Simon Fuller is masterminding the comeback, and it stands to net the girls around £12million each should the tour be a sell-out.

A source said: “After much to’ing and fro’ing, a deal has been signed, and an official announcement will be made soon.

“The girls can’t wait to go back on tour, perform to the fans and sing some of their greatest hits.”

The group were previously tipped to reform as a quintet after they got together at Geri’s house earlier this year.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/7 ... tour-2019/
Clearly won't get £12m apiece, that's just The Sun spin - but still, be interesting to see if they do reunite.
Wayne
Administrator

Postby SummerPeur » Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:40 am

Victoria has made the right decision.
SummerPeur
Legend

Postby Thriller » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:21 am

I just don’t see the point if it’s not all five. Despite her minimal part in the group, I just wouldn’t want to see them if it’s not all five on stage.
Thriller

Postby theMathematician » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:33 am

No new album then :( ?
theMathematician
Groupie

Postby GetBack » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:38 am

Thriller wrote:I just don’t see the point if it’s not all five. Despite her minimal part in the group, I just wouldn’t want to see them if it’s not all five on stage.
I totally agree! :cry: :cry: :cry:
Carey like Mariah.
GetBack
Legend

Postby menime123 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:51 am

This has been in the works actually for at least 6 years - back in 2012 they were all set to reunite without her for an album and tour, and the premiere of the musical was supposed to test public reaction:

For whatever reason it didn’t happen, and I’m sort of glad. I’ll go to any shows they do, but I don’t think another 4 person line up will work without new music to justify it. But the idea was to get at least 1 new album and tour out the way before the next celebration tour.

Part of me thinks there is every chance VB will do it - let’s not forget she’s on board with at least some upcoming Spice Girl projects: she was at the meeting back in February after all.

Mel B has actually said they will start performing in 2018 recently, but yesterday announced she is off to rehab next month for alcohol and sex addiction. Quite how that works I’m not sure (surely you go, instead of announcing it in your future plans) but good luck to her. How this impacts things I don’t know.

Anyway... I take it all with a pinch of salt nowadays. Nothing is confirmed in Spiceworld until its officially confirmed. So let’s wait and see.
menime123
Legend

Postby MusicRecords » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:21 am

Omg they need to let this go already :lol: it’s so pointless to reunite now, and I totally understand if Victoria doesn’t want to do it. They will always be a big name but that doesn’t mean that a reunion will look pretty. If anything the mega fans should be thankful that they reunited to perform at the Olympics in 2012....they will always be known as the biggest girl band of all time but let it go girls 8-)
Follow me on Instagram

The ONLY user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

#KING
MusicRecords
HRH King Nick III

Postby menime123 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:41 am

MusicRecords wrote:Omg they need to let this go already :lol: it’s so pointless to reunite now, and I totally understand if Victoria doesn’t want to do it. They will always be a big name but that doesn’t mean that a reunion will look pretty. If anything the mega fans should be thankful that they reunited to perform at the Olympics in 2012....they will always be known as the biggest girl band of all time but let it go girls 8-)
You under-estimate the fact that the fans want all of them back. Whilst all 5 are alive there will always be a demand. Let’s face it, they’ve hardly milked it - they were together for 2 years as a 5 piece and have done 1 reunion tour in the 20 years since Ginger left... and the last one was 10 years ago (and wasn’t even professionally recorded and released on DVD).

This isn’t like 1D getting back together - The Spice Girls were the biggest band in the world and their popularity back then is comparable to Beatlemania. They sold out 17 shows at The o2 in London on their reunion tour - there is a market for them. But only as a 5 piece imo... unless they record a new album and completely restart the band a la Take That.

I understand Victoria not wanting to do it, but my sympathy only goes so far. Whilst there are rumours of a reunion every year nowadays, it’s been 10 years since she last performed for more than 5 minutes. In that time she’s established her fashion brand and it won’t be damaged by venturing back into Spiceworld. I can understand not wanting to tour for half a year around the globe, but 2 months out of her life (a month of rehearsals and a month for 13 shows) really doesn’t seem like too much of an ask - even if she doesn’t really want to do it. I mean it’s not as if she’s a recluse who doesn’t like being seen by the public :lol:

But in fairness - and I’ve said this before - she did her duty to the fans 10 years ago when she released a Greatest Hits album with new songs and performed on a reunion tour. So personally speaking if she doesn’t want to she shouldn’t have to. But as a fan, I don’t see the big deal :lol:
menime123
Legend

Postby MrLeonix » Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:53 pm

Mel B was always the promiscuous one right?
Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby Spartan » Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:04 pm

I don’t really see the need for it to be honest.
Spartan
Legend

Return to Celebrity Gossip