The Spice Girls WILL reunite in 2018

Moderators: biscuits, Benjamin

Postby ArmyOfMe » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:47 am

I sense a lot of desperation. My respect for Victoria.
ArmyOfMe
Superstar

Postby Carbon » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:04 pm

I agree with Victoria, but I do think that a few performances would be a cute thing to do. definitely not new music though, that never ends well
необичните си имаат секој свој пат и тешко се среќаваат

last.fm
Carbon
Legend

Postby Wayne » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:17 pm

ArmyOfMe wrote:I sense a lot of desperation. My respect for Victoria.
From the other members? Maybe.

But fans clearly want this.
Wayne
Administrator

Postby menime123 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:48 pm

Carbon wrote:I agree with Victoria, but I do think that a few performances would be a cute thing to do. definitely not new music though, that never ends well
Take That, Steps and All Saints prove otherwise, all enjoying chart success upon a reunion with new music.
Girls Aloud: only 4 years left of my decade long signature countdown to my dream 20th anniversary reunion tour...
menime123
Legend

Postby MusicRecords » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:02 am

I just want Mel C to get some success $$$
Follow me on Instagram

The ONLY user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

#KING
MusicRecords
HRH King Nick III

Postby BehindBreakaway » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:02 am

menime123 wrote:
Carbon wrote:I agree with Victoria, but I do think that a few performances would be a cute thing to do. definitely not new music though, that never ends well
Take That, Steps and All Saints prove otherwise, all enjoying chart success upon a reunion with new music.
I love All Saints. I really do however they didn't exactly achieve chart success with either of their comebacks.
3 months and I'm still sober, picked all my weeds but kept the flowers!
BehindBreakaway
Manager

Postby menime123 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:10 pm

BehindBreakaway wrote:
menime123 wrote:
I love All Saints. I really do however they didn't exactly achieve chart success with either of their comebacks.
Red Flag album went to #3 in the UK. That’s chart success (which isn’t the same as sales success). The fact Studio 1 only achieved top 40 is criminal imo.
Girls Aloud: only 4 years left of my decade long signature countdown to my dream 20th anniversary reunion tour...
menime123
Legend

Postby oaknuys » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:57 pm

Lol... omg the first article was so rosey, so dreamy and so dearly written as it screamed being fake and totally bs! Lol... haha... lol geri's new born brought them all in for a reunion? Lol...

Anyways, in hearts of hearts I'm saddened to hear that supposed comeback is not in their cards at this point, mel c opposed it many times throughout these years and I can't see just why... and as for victoria i cant really see her role in the comeback thus having or not having her couldn't change the final outcome to my eyes...
Been reading UkMix everyday for well more than a decade now, and Here I am posting :)
oaknuys
Manager

Postby urbanmusik » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:09 pm

menime123 wrote:
BehindBreakaway wrote:
menime123 wrote:
Red Flag album went to #3 in the UK. That’s chart success (which isn’t the same as sales success). The fact Studio 1 only achieved top 40 is criminal imo.
Plus All Saints have something to give musically, while the Spice Girls don't. Red Flag was a passion project and they were able to make quality music on a budget due to Shaznay's songwriting prowess and close relationships with producers.

Producers aren't going to be giving their best songs to the Spice Girls, a reunion would probably just be a cheap cash-grab.
urbanmusik
The College Dropout

Postby menime123 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:22 pm

^ Spice Girls wrote all their own material.
menime123
Legend

Postby urbanmusik » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:43 pm

menime123 wrote:^ Spice Girls wrote all their own material.
I realise that, but it's not the 90s anymore and their songwriting is very out of date. None of them have honed their song-writing skills enough to create something good on a small budget. Mel B and Geri's latest music has been cheap, Emma & Victoria have no passion for creating records anymore, while only Mel C seems to be interested in putting out (slightly MOR) quality music.

A record label aren't going to give them the same budget to work with big names like they did on Forever, while their 90s co-writers haven't been putting out the same quality lately. It would take a lot of investment for a reunion to not come off as cheap, and I don't think the interest is there.

Shaznay spent a lot of time working behind the scenes as a writer in the industry after her brief solo career, while I also believe she's just a far more naturally gifted songwriter who can still create music that sounds cool and current.

The only good Spice Girls reunion scenario I can think of is if they managed to get a lot of young creatives who were fans of theirs growing up to work on the album. Charli XCX and MØ are constantly talking about how much of an influence the group were on them growing up. Charli has a lot of clout in the industry as a writer behind the scenes right now and could link up with her friends to create something fun with the Spice Girls, but it would never happen.
urbanmusik
The College Dropout

Postby menime123 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:50 pm

urbanmusik wrote:
menime123 wrote:^ Spice Girls wrote all their own material.
I realise that, but it's not the 90s anymore and their songwriting is very out of date. None of them have honed their song-writing skills enough to create something good on a small budget. Mel B and Geri's latest music has been cheap, Emma & Victoria have no passion for creating records anymore, while only Mel C seems to be interested in putting out (slightly MOR) quality music.

A record label aren't going to give them the same budget to work with big names like they did on Forever, while their 90s co-writers haven't been putting out the same quality lately. It would take a lot of investment for a reunion to not come off as cheap, and I don't think the interest is there.

Shaznay spent a lot of time working behind the scenes as a writer in the industry after her brief solo career, while I also believe she's just a far more naturally gifted songwriter who can still create music that sounds cool and current.

The only good Spice Girls reunion scenario I can think of is if they managed to get a lot of young creatives who were fans of theirs growing up to work on the album. Charli XCX and MØ are constantly talking about how much of an influence the group were on them growing up. Charli has a lot of clout in the industry as a writer behind the scenes right now and could link up with her friends to create something fun with the Spice Girls, but it would never happen.
It’s so sad you believe this and there isn’t a single word I agree with.

If the Spice Girls went to their label and said ‘We are back’ their budget for a new album would be huge. But never forget that the band sold the majority of their 85 Million record sales from their first 2 eras - with basically unknown producers. Working with Dark Child - a named produced - didn’t really give them huge success.

Your comments on song writing skills are complete opinion and I don’t agree at all. No one knows how to write a #1. You just write as many songs as you can, pick your favourites and hope for the best.

Those 5 ladies have wrote 4 songs together since 1998. We have absolutely no way of knowing if they still have it or not when they work together. Everyone agrees their music was better together than apart, so it stands to reason that you can’t judge recent solo work to dismiss hyperthetical new work.

I should also like to point of that Shaznay Lewis hasn’t written a #1 single or a global hit since All Saints themselves hit #1 last almost 17 years ago. It should be noted some of the songs on All Saints’ last album weren’t exactly new - Shaznay had written them along the way and kept them in case the band reunited one day.
menime123
Legend

Postby Wayne » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:08 pm

Wayne
Administrator

Postby BehindBreakaway » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:34 pm

Omg I can't actually believe it's happening!!
3 months and I'm still sober, picked all my weeds but kept the flowers!
BehindBreakaway
Manager

Postby LongingHeart » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:43 pm

Yay!!
LongingHeart
Manager

Postby Mainshow » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:02 am

Supporting Act for Britney's UK dates <3
#JUSTICE4ALEKSEEV
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Erotica » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:06 am

Hm, don't expect much from it if the rumours are true what they will do, but on the other hand it's The Sun and so
I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?
Erotica
Legend

Postby biscuits » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:09 am

Mainshow wrote:Supporting Act for Britney's UK dates <3
Lol
TheRealest wrote:Chy tf plz biscuits girl
biscuits
The Diva

Postby Spartan » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:20 am

Wrong way round.

Scary looks a little bit rough there, Baby never ages.
Spartan
Legend

Postby NothingFails » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:38 am

I am surprised Victoria was actually agreeable to do it, since she's been all anti-music for years.
NothingFails
Legend

Postby Goldmoney » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:43 am

So much for black don’t crack
Goldmoney
Legend

Postby menime123 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:48 am

Goldmoney wrote:So much for black don’t crack
Not nice. Mel also comes from a duel-heritage background.
menime123
Legend

Postby menime123 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:50 am

The Spice Girls see Britney’s 2 dates at The o2 and raise her 17 sold out shows at the same venue (2007/08) or sold out Wembley Stadium shows (1998) 8-)
menime123
Legend

Postby BlueScorpion » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:54 am

Mel C was promoting a solo single not long ago and said there were no plans for a reunion. A new GH seems completely pointless. The one they have is already pretty good.
Last edited by BlueScorpion on Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hot like the real fever (the real Diva)
So successful yet still so eager
BlueScorpion
Superstar

Postby Mainshow » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:55 am

menime123 wrote:
The Spice Girls see Britney’s 2 dates at The o2 and raise her 17 sold out shows at the same venue (2007/08) or sold out Wembley Stadium shows (1998) 8-)
I just want to see the Spice Girls live. Stanned so hard for them in my kindergarden days ♡ And since I already got tickets for Britney's concerts in London.... xD
#JUSTICE4ALEKSEEV
Mainshow
Legend

Return to Celebrity Gossip