Postby Loveguru » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:52 pm

Let this die already
Forever Young
Loveguru
Legend

Postby NothingFails » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:06 pm

I get why Justin Timberlake won't commit to NSYNC
I get why Beyonce won't commit to Destiny's Child

but fashion IMO is so superficial and its a shame Victoria is screwing the fans over because she found an income that doesn't include music. She IMO is no Beyonce or JT and by all means they should just treat her the way Take That treated Robbie Williams and say bye Felicia to her. Music lasts longer than fashion IMO.
NothingFails
Legend

Postby MrDiva » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:23 pm

Ok honestly I’d rather have them not ruin what’s they once stood for with a half assed reunion than having them tour with VB not wanting to

Why force it?
MrDiva
Legend

Postby NothingFails » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:39 pm

MrDiva wrote:Ok honestly I’d rather have them not ruin what’s they once stood for with a half assed reunion than having them tour with VB not wanting to

Why force it?
Sometimes the best thing to do for older acts is to get rid of the deadweight and move on. Peter Hook decided New Order were supposed to break up because he didn't want to be in there anymore... they carried on without him after lawsuits and everything and the first record without him was their best in over 25 years... while Hook is off playing in a self-tribute band. I could easily see Spice Girls go on without Victoria just like they did fine without Geri (who had more of a solo career than Victoria had).
NothingFails
Legend

Postby MrLeonix » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:12 pm

NothingFails wrote:Sometimes the best thing to do for older acts is to get rid of the deadweight and move on. Peter Hook decided New Order were supposed to break up because he didn't want to be in there anymore... they carried on without him after lawsuits and everything and the first record without him was their best in over 25 years... while Hook is off playing in a self-tribute band. I could easily see Spice Girls go on without Victoria just like they did fine without Geri (who had more of a solo career than Victoria had).
Spice Girls never did good without Geri. Geri destroyed them.

....Geri was an important and valuable member tho, on the other hand I have to agree, Victoria was definately the filler member of the group (the Lance Bass of the group) while the other 4 (Geri, Mel C, Mel B and Emma) were the most essential memebrs, Victoria always sang the least, she had the least lines, she was always behind, she had less shots in the music videos, etc, Spice Girls were all about the other 4 ladies who were all equally lead.
Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby NothingFails » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:03 pm

MrLeonix wrote:
NothingFails wrote:Sometimes the best thing to do for older acts is to get rid of the deadweight and move on. Peter Hook decided New Order were supposed to break up because he didn't want to be in there anymore... they carried on without him after lawsuits and everything and the first record without him was their best in over 25 years... while Hook is off playing in a self-tribute band. I could easily see Spice Girls go on without Victoria just like they did fine without Geri (who had more of a solo career than Victoria had).
Spice Girls never did good without Geri. Geri destroyed them.

....Geri was an important and valuable member tho, on the other hand I have to agree, Victoria was definately the filler member of the group (the Lance Bass of the group) while the other 4 (Geri, Mel C, Mel B and Emma) were the most essential memebrs, Victoria always sang the least, she had the least lines, she was always behind, she had less shots in the music videos, etc, Spice Girls were all about the other 4 ladies who were all equally lead.
Well, Forever was a disaster but that also had a lot to do with timing, they were gone too long and so much had happened in the pop world (Britney, Christina, NSYNC got big, etc...) that they were old news by the end of 2000 when they came back, but the only time Spice had a US tour besides the reunion was post-Geri and the ticket sales weren't hurt a bit and their post-Geri US tour was still a big seller and it was the only way American fans saw them in their prime. Forever was going to bomb regardless because they were gone too long and the pop world had dramatically changed, but their initial tour post-Geri did very well and even "Goodbye" did fine as a single.
NothingFails
Legend

Postby MrLeonix » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:29 pm

While I agree their absense in 1999 coincided with a new peak of teen pop stars I don't think it was enough to simply make them bomb like that, its not like they were gone for 5 years or something :lol: ... They had 3 global hit singles in 1998 ("Stop", "Viva forever" and "Goodbye") and they had a new album ready in 2000. It was ok IMO.

The reason they bombed was IMO due to an obvious struggle to musically evolve, they were pretty much running out of ideas and Geri leaving deteriorated the group tremendously.

Overall I think Victoria rather than flattered feels quite embarrased to be associated with the Spice Girls brand in 2018, I know she is thankful for being in the group and she enjoyed the experience tremendously, but she's just a mature woman now who clearly has MOVED ON and who probably sees The Spice Girls as something from the past that she did when she was starting out and younger, she now has a different life and she successfully transitioned into the Fashion Industry where she is respected and where probably being linked with a Teen bubblegum band from the 90s is seen as tacky or cheap for her brand and business in Fashion.

The other girls' obsession with relying on their past glory probably has to do with the fact they don't have nothing else that could be more exiciting than The Spice Girls, ... Emma is what? A Radio host? I mean ...... Also I swear I have seen Mel B hosting Beauty Pageants on TV, Geri tried hard and as soon as she realized she was never going to be the next big Pop star she run back to the group she had already abandoned and I have no idea what Mel C is even doing in 2018. Its only logical these girls want to milk The Spice Girls over and over again.
Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby NothingFails » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:36 pm

I think the real problem is that the Spice Girls were always meant to be a supernova... they had a really bright moment in 1996-1998 but they were never meant to be an act who was going to have a really long career outside of nostalgia pandering.

I think the reason it seems funniest about Victoria holding them back is because like said, she was probably the least talented one of all... it would be like Justin having interest in doing an NSYNC reunion tour but Lance Bass being the holdout refusing to let it happen.
NothingFails
Legend

Postby MrLeonix » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:47 pm

NothingFails wrote:I think the real problem is that the Spice Girls were always meant to be a supernova... they had a really bright moment in 1996-1998 but they were never meant to be an act who was going to have a really long career outside of nostalgia pandering.
.. And trust me, Victoria definately knew that from the beginning, she's a business woman and she knows how it works.... The other ladies on the other hand seem to be completely out of touch with reality.

NothingFails wrote:I think the reason it seems funniest about Victoria holding them back is because like said, she was probably the least talented one of all... it would be like Justin having interest in doing an NSYNC reunion tour but Lance Bass being the holdout refusing to let it happen.
Its really ironic indeed. The least and backup member is now the one who prevents the attempted reunions.

In N'sync Justin and JC were the leads and the other guys were background support, in Destiny's Child Beyonce was the lead, Kelly the second lead and Michelle the least. But with Spice Girls it was very particular because 4/5 members were all leads in equal conditions, Emma, Geri, Mel C and Mel B all played Lead just like every Friends' cast member played Lead, you just couldn't point out who was more or less important, they were all equal and marketed as such. Victoria on the other hand was the only member who didn't play lead, she was the only supporting member of the group.

In other words.... Geri, Mel C, Emma and Mel B were what Teri Hatcher, Felicity Huffman, Marcia Cross, and Eva longoria were for Desperate Housewives ........ And Victoria was the Nicolette Sheridan.
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby SholasBoy » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:17 pm

The weird thing is with Victoria refusing to sing etc is that she was the one who seemed most desperate to prove herself and have a successful solo career.
SholasBoy
Chief Wig Snatcher

Postby menime123 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:32 pm

SholasBoy wrote:The weird thing is with Victoria refusing to sing etc is that she was the one who seemed most desperate to prove herself and have a successful solo career.
She wanted that solo #1. Crime she didn’t. She stopped trying after 4 singles anyway :lol:
Girls Aloud: only 4 years left of my decade long signature countdown to my dream 20th anniversary reunion tour...
menime123
Legend

Postby Loveguru » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:58 am

Victoria brought in POP CULTURE in spice girls. I mean guys POSH in a verb now because of her :lol:

Also she is the marketable one RIGHT now.
Forever Young
Loveguru
Legend

Postby menime123 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:53 pm

Loveguru wrote:Victoria brought in POP CULTURE in spice girls. I mean guys POSH in a verb now because of her :lol:

It’s not an English verb :lol:
Girls Aloud: only 4 years left of my decade long signature countdown to my dream 20th anniversary reunion tour...
menime123
Legend

Postby biscuits » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:52 am

menime123 wrote:
Loveguru wrote:Victoria brought in POP CULTURE in spice girls. I mean guys POSH in a verb now because of her :lol:

I posh
You posh
He/she/it poshes
biscuits
The Diva

Postby menime123 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:53 am

biscuits wrote:
menime123 wrote:

I posh
You posh
He/she/it poshes
Erm... no. That’s totally not a thing and totally not legit English language :lol:
menime123
Legend

Postby biscuits » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:24 pm

Performing at the Royal Wedding according to Mel B slipping up
biscuits
The Diva

Postby Ewokguy15 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:53 pm

Yeah I saw that this morning too. Lucky Royals!!!!
Ewokguy15
Superstar

Postby Westen » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:12 pm

Meghan once said that she would like Murder on the dance floor to be played at her wedding, she's also friends with Sophie. Shame Sophie wasn't asked to do it. Unlike Spice Girls she actually has material that would be fitting for the ceremony (like Young Blood)
Westen
Legend

Postby menime123 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:50 pm

Westen wrote:Meghan once said that she would like Murder on the dance floor to be played at her wedding, she's also friends with Sophie. Shame Sophie wasn't asked to do it. Unlike Spice Girls she actually has material that would be fitting for the ceremony (like Young Blood)
Harry grew up with pictures of the Spice Girls his wall - as did William. They’re the biggest band of their generation - and if they can blag it, why not? I’m not sure I believe it, no matter what Mel B said - but she described the invite so who knows? Gutted it won’t be televised :oops:
menime123
Legend

Postby SholasBoy » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:13 pm

The Spice Girls are so A-List as a 5, but completely embarrassingly Z-List individually. :lol:
SholasBoy
Chief Wig Snatcher

Postby menime123 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:39 pm

SholasBoy wrote:The Spice Girls are so A-List as a 5, but completely embarrassingly Z-List individually. :lol:
VB isn’t.
menime123
Legend

Postby SholasBoy » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:37 pm

Actually yea,

A List Victoria
B List Spice Girls
E List Mel B, Geri.
Z List Mel C, Emma.
SholasBoy
Chief Wig Snatcher

Postby biscuits » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:58 pm

Emma is gal pals with Holly Willoughby who seems to be a national treasure so she is A list by association
biscuits
The Diva

Postby MusicRecords » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:19 pm

Mel C is queen
Follow me on Instagram

The ONLY user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

#KING
MusicRecords
HRH King Nick III

Postby Thriller » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:26 pm

Emma is definitely the one with the least celeb power.
Thriller

Return to Celebrity Gossip