Offset works with alleged child molester 6ix9ine

Moderators: biscuits, Benjamin

Postby spiritboy » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:13 pm

She is so dumb. Anyway, Onika >> Bacardi
spiritboy
Legend

Postby SholasBoy » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:28 pm

Serby wrote:
TheRealest wrote:This is nothing new. It’s hip hop.
Sadly. Hopefully Cardi ditches him, she desereves a nicer man, she looks too good for his trash ass. .
I think they’re well matched
SholasBoy
Chief Wig Snatcher

Postby ArmyOfMe » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:05 pm

Wayne wrote:
biscuits wrote:Her apology is actually sound. She’s right - people are so quick to bash when maybe they should be educating others.
It is not the job of a gay man or wonan to educate an uneducated bigot.
I completely agree with you.
If one feels like educating an ignorant person, that's fine. But it is not something we should feel compelled to do.
ArmyOfMe
Superstar

Postby MusicRecords » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:08 pm

biscuits wrote:
Serby wrote:
Wayne wrote:It is not the job of a gay man or wonan to educate an uneducated bigot.
Actually I think it is. As someone who hated themselves for being gay cuz that's what I was thaught growing up as it's so deep rooted in our culture, I can never expect someone like my parents to go all google and educate themselves on the topic. Shouldn't be like this, but me wishing we lived in a utopic world won't help. And I managed to 'educate' some people, my sister included, though she still has to learn a lot.
Good point. If anyone should educate others about LGBT, who better than gheys themselves?
+1
Some people grow up with those mentalities burried in their heads, so although sure it's not your "job" to educate people on the topic, theres no one best to educate them about it than LGBT people themselves or even straight supporters for LGBT. I understand some people will be anti-LGBT no matter what, but many just need a good talk about the topic to open their eyes and see that there's no need to bash LGBT or any of that. It's easier said than done but if we as LGBT don't spread the word and try to help people see what we see, we shouldn't complain when certain cultures keep using negative terms and ideas with their youth and then they grow up and say them and we feel all offended and whatnot. Again, some people might never change but a bit of education goes a long way.

I personally don't expect to change some people's beliefs and ideas because that will certainly never happen with most people especially very religious ones. I'm sorry but the reality is that people can't be forced to accept you for certain things, but they can certainly control their negative feelings and stuff. I think many people might and CAN "accept" the idea that there's people who are not straight and although they don't agree with it, they just let it be and let people live their lives even though they themselves don't think it's right or whatever...so in that case, what we can control (again to some extent because some people will never change their hateful selves) is the verbal abuse and discrimination with the use of such terms and stuff. If someone doesn't understand gay people and think it's wrong because of their religion then so be it, but keep it to yourself and let others live their lives without you bashing anyone you see that is gay. What I'm getting is that it's the discrimination that makes all the difference. It is so obvious when someone discriminates you for being gay, from calling you something to treating you differently. However, if it weren't for that and people kept their beliefs in regards to LGBT to themselves and treated everyone equally, we probably wouldn't notice.

I know that's never going to happen 100% either because again there will always be homophobes and stuff, but we've definitely come a long way from the past decades, and all of this has been implemented into the laws of many countries, such as not discriminating for your race or sexuality when you apply for a job or even gay marriage. There's definite been some improvement and I think it can be improved even more.

Anyway that's just my take on it, if you have a different opinion I totally respect that, but this is mine.
Follow me on Instagram

The ONLY user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

#KING
MusicRecords
HRH King Nick III

Postby ANH » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:20 pm

Carbon wrote:Idk what everyone’s expecting. It’s not like she is part of the educated class, went to college and all that, she’s not going to have Emma Watson-style speeches on equality and stuff

what she said was, in her own simple and crude way, not ill-intentioned. And she admits that she needs to be educated
Cardi B lacks eloquence and can't properly articulate her thoughts, but this is precisely what she is saying. And what she's requesting is empathy when she says something that may be offensive to a person or a group.

We live in a globalized world where we're exposed to new cultures and subcultures. Surely, we can't be expected to know everything about everyone, right?

For example, the word "cxnt" can be regarded as extremely offensive and derogatory by some people even though it's pretty much just a regular curse word (i.e. like shit, ****, bastard, etc.) to me and where I come from. But, when that was brought to my attention, I made an effort to remove it from my vocabulary so as to not offend anyone.
b u r n u p II t u r n up II t u r n t up all the way
ANH
Superstar

Postby jpguy » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:10 pm

So she defined 2017? :-? :lol:
::: Christina Aguilera - Liberation IS COMING 6.15.18 :::
jpguy
Legend

Postby Erotica » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:09 pm

jpguy wrote:So she defined 2017? :-? :lol:
Didn't even really know her back then :lol:
I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?
Erotica
Legend

Postby croatiaxtina » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:23 pm

So 2nd time they r not feeling lgbt population.

Remember Katy Perry SNL last year, when Migos didn't feel comfortable on stage with drag queens?

Whst kind of school did Cardi go? Some english speaking or?
croatiaxtina
Legend

Postby SummerPeur » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:35 pm

I guess I will get her the benefit of the doubt.

However ignorance breeds ignorance.
Yeah, I Bloom
I, Bloom Just For You
I Bloom, Just For Youuuuu
SummerPeur
Superstar

Postby Serby » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:11 am

ANH wrote:
Carbon wrote:what she said was, in her own simple and crude way, not ill-intentioned. And she admits that she needs to be educated
Cardi B lacks eloquence and can't properly articulate her thoughts, but this is precisely what she is saying. And what she's requesting is empathy when she says something that may be offensive to a person or a group.

We live in a globalized world where we're exposed to new cultures and subcultures. Surely, we can't be expected to know everything about everyone, right?
I agree. I watched some of her interviews and she seems very blunt, but not in a bad way, plus shes the realest star we had in ageeees, so I will give her time, she's still very fresh in this high waters.
be kind to every kind
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby BehindBreakaway » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:33 pm

SummerPeur wrote:I guess I will get her the benefit of the doubt.

However ignorance breeds ignorance.
3 months and I'm still sober, picked all my weeds but kept the flowers!
BehindBreakaway
Manager

Postby NothingFails » Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:46 pm

Migos don't seem to realize the times have changed drastically in the past ten years. They also don't realize one of the reasons gays have always been so apprehensive to embrace hip hop is because of this homophobic BS. It's only been in recent years that I've been able to begin to enjoy that type of music because I always think of all the big name rappers of the 90s/early 00s who would bash the hell out of our community. If a diva had said what Dr. Dre said about "those people" on MTV in 2000, she would've been dead overnight.
NothingFails
Legend

Postby bluecherry » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:23 am

More info:

6ix9ine, born Daniel Hernandez, is enjoying success on the Billboard Hot 100 chart thanks to his song “Gummo” reaching No. 13, but the Brooklyn rapper is still facing one to three years in prison after pleading guilty to use of a child in a sexual performance.

The charge stems from a video in which the Brooklyn rapper, who also goes by Teka$hi 6ix9ine, is shown touching the minor’s breast. While Teka$hi has previously described what happened in his own words, a new report from Jezebel reveals that the details of the complaint contradict the rapper’s public comments. During a November interview with DJ Akademiks, 6ix9ine claims the events in his charges happened “three to four years ago.” But according to the actual complaint, the incident occurred on Feb. 21, 2015.

Read More: New Details in 6ix9ine’s Sexual Misconduct Case - XXL | http://www.xxlmag.com/news/2017/12/teka ... ck=tsmclip
♡ i bloom just for you ♡

bluecherry
Manager

Postby GetBack » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:41 am

NothingFails wrote:Migos don't seem to realize the times have changed drastically in the past ten years. They also don't realize one of the reasons gays have always been so apprehensive to embrace hip hop is because of this homophobic BS. It's only been in recent years that I've been able to begin to enjoy that type of music because I always think of all the big name rappers of the 90s/early 00s who would bash the hell out of our community. If a diva had said what Dr. Dre said about "those people" on MTV in 2000, she would've been dead overnight.
Let's face it, the hip hop community (in a way) is a big hypocrite as well. They all fight for self-expression and individuality, but they constantly crave for validation from industries that are dominated by white audiences (Oscars, Grammys, etc). They hate sell outs and overexposure in the mainstream but they are the first to use chart statistics, net worth and income as a way to prove their power and influence. :-? :-?

For the longest time, Jay-Z had a lesbian mother, but he only chose to put it out there when it was convenient for him to do so, oh, and because he had a new album out to promote and a new strategy to embrace the LGBT community when it was already accepted by the general public today. :roll: :roll:
Why oh why does God keep bringing me back to you?
GetBack
Legend

Postby ArmyOfMe » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:01 am

ArmyOfMe
Superstar

Postby Serby » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:38 pm

Am I slow today? :oops: guy is 21, so he was 18 back then. Child molestor? And apparently she presented her as older?
be kind to every kind
Serby
Dr. Serby

Return to Celebrity Gossip