Kevin Hart: I don't want to be an ally for LGBTQ community

Moderators: biscuits, Benjamin

 

Postby aRat » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:59 am

GetBack wrote:Why do these extreme LGBTQ groups keep on forcing others to acknowledge them? If people don't like or accept who you are or what you do or fight for what you believe in, you just have to move on and deal with it.

If you meet up with someone you like and he/she finds out about your identity and stops going out with you, it's their choice and you cannot put them at fault because of that. There are always differences you can never reconcile.

Acceptance is something that is genuine. You can't pressure people to like and accept you just because it's politically correct to accept that person.
This utterly disgusting comment yikes. You should try to differentitate from harmless trolling of divas to trolling on serious topics. At least I hope it's trolling cuz child you comment is an utter mess...

Just replace LGBTQ with black or jew and see what we got

Why do these black / jew groups keep on forcing others to acknowledge them? If people don't like or accept who you are or what you do or fight for what you believe in, you just have to move on and deal with it.

If you meet up with someone you like and he/she finds out about your identity and stops going out with you, it's their choice and you cannot put them at fault because of that. There are always differences you can never reconcile.
The fact that some of yall think comments like this are fine and acceptable clearly proves we have a looooooong way to go...
jochen on meeting famous ppl wrote:Janet (very hairy woman)
Beyonce (she was ugly)
User avatar
aRat
Manager
 
Posts: 3580
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2018
Location: Janet's neck

Postby BeeBoy » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:00 pm

Pls if you want to get attention you should've replaced it with any diva stan group
User avatar
BeeBoy
Manager
 
Posts: 2370
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2008
Location: Germany

Postby DOSSOME » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:19 pm

Ugh, just let him be
User avatar
DOSSOME
Legend
 
Posts: 12093
Joined: Mon May 20, 2013

Postby DnBLover » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:40 pm

I think he is entitled to not being an ally, whatever that means. But I do agree he should not be hosting the Oscars.
I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room
User avatar
DnBLover
Legend
 
Posts: 14500
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2009
Location: PT-NO

Postby Serby » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:19 pm

I wish we could all discuss this in real life, cuz writing is ki da tiring and points get lost in the way.

Anyway, at @CrazyCrazy, I fully agree with BeeBoy. You seem to think that:

1. being liberal is wrong
2. a liberal person will dismiss your views JUST because you're not which is basically ignoring the possibility that maybe we geniuely disagree with you and that you don't ever question your opinions
3. That everything coming from liberal is automatically false or nonsense
4. That we are not ready to listen to oposition opinions just because it comes from the nonliberals.

Also, you're being like colourblind, but just gay-blind and literalky are dismissing other people's problems cuz you have it easier than some others. Why do ypucare aboutaa having a good image in an anti-gay world? Surely you don't have to feel like victim, but it's a fact that you're less priviledged for being gay. Also, aRat dodn't say that not beig ally is calling for violence. Either you missinterpreted that or I'm missing something? His apology just seems dishonest now even though I was for him after the whole Ellen thing.
be kind to every kind
User avatar
Serby
Dr. Serby
 
Posts: 37095
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011
Location: Halliwell Manor

Postby Serby » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:22 pm

DnBLover wrote:I think he is entitled to not being an ally, whatever that means. But I do agree he should not be hosting the Oscars.
Can doesn't equate should (or shouldn't).

menime123 wrote:The whole concept of an ally is stupid anyway.
Mind elaborating? What's bad about allies? In world of white supremacy, it's white people that have the most power to change something imo. Same for str8 people in this heteronormative world.
be kind to every kind
User avatar
Serby
Dr. Serby
 
Posts: 37095
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011
Location: Halliwell Manor

Postby spiritboy » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:09 pm

Nobody expects him to be an ally. He should adopt the policy that is "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all". He might not like LGBTQ community, fine. Then don't tweet about that subject and if you tweet hateful things, you suffer the consequences.

What i don't get is, don't they have publicists or assistants who can go through old tweets and delete the ones that could controversy like this?
Mariah saved Xmas and Gaga is saving Pop and Hollywood.
User avatar
spiritboy
Legend
 
Posts: 24837
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2004
Location: Turkey

Postby Jesper » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:57 pm

spiritboy wrote:Nobody expects him to be an ally. He should adopt the policy that is "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all". He might not like LGBTQ community, fine. Then don't tweet about that subject and if you tweet hateful things, you suffer the consequences.

What i don't get is, don't they have publicists or assistants who can go through old tweets and delete the ones that could controversy like this?
Agreed

GetBack wrote:Why do these extreme LGBTQ groups keep on forcing others to acknowledge them? If people don't like or accept who you are or what you do or fight for what you believe in, you just have to move on and deal with it.

If you meet up with someone you like and he/she finds out about your identity and stops going out with you, it's their choice and you cannot put them at fault because of that. There are always differences you can never reconcile.

Acceptance is something that is genuine. You can't pressure people to like and accept you just because it's politically correct to accept that person.
Sis, please do me a favor, read what you wrote again, read the OP again and then wonder if this reply made any sense...
User avatar
Jesper
Legend
 
Posts: 24852
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009
Location: The Netherlands

Postby aRat » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:40 pm



He thinks being gay is a choice...
jochen on meeting famous ppl wrote:Janet (very hairy woman)
Beyonce (she was ugly)
User avatar
aRat
Manager
 
Posts: 3580
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2018
Location: Janet's neck

Postby Marchum » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:43 pm

Trash.
User avatar
Marchum
Manager
 
Posts: 2208
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2018
Location: Cali

Postby BeeBoy » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:47 pm

Fake outrage!!11!!1 the liberals are at it again!!11!!1 he apologized!!!1111!1!
User avatar
BeeBoy
Manager
 
Posts: 2370
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2008
Location: Germany

Postby Serby » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:48 pm

Bye, bitch. Hope he canceled himself.
be kind to every kind
User avatar
Serby
Dr. Serby
 
Posts: 37095
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011
Location: Halliwell Manor

Postby Serby » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:51 pm

He just doesn't have balls to admit to himself that he still is to some extent homophobic cuz he's trying to save his ass.
be kind to every kind
User avatar
Serby
Dr. Serby
 
Posts: 37095
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011
Location: Halliwell Manor

Postby BeeBoy » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:56 pm

I bet he has already written the jokes about how this is all so unfair for the oscars. He just wants to save his ass, he won't say more than he needs to to keep his public face. I bet inside and without cameras he stillt sees it the way he did when he wrote those tweets :lol:
User avatar
BeeBoy
Manager
 
Posts: 2370
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2008
Location: Germany

Postby Marchum » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:06 pm

Why the heck is he hosting? Ugh
User avatar
Marchum
Manager
 
Posts: 2208
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2018
Location: Cali

Postby spiritboy » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:30 pm

Oscars should have huge backlash if Kevin Hart hosts.

This will never happen but i hope LGBT allies won't attend ceremony because of him (if he hosts).
Mariah saved Xmas and Gaga is saving Pop and Hollywood.
User avatar
spiritboy
Legend
 
Posts: 24837
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2004
Location: Turkey

Postby Marchum » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:34 pm

Marchum wrote:Why the heck is he hosting? Ugh
Oh wait he confirmed again that he is not hosting. Good.
User avatar
Marchum
Manager
 
Posts: 2208
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2018
Location: Cali

Postby Jesper » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:05 pm

not him saying 'Choice in life' ugh, just admit you are homophobic and accept that excludes you from certain things
Last edited by Jesper on Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Jesper
Legend
 
Posts: 24852
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009
Location: The Netherlands

Postby stevyy » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:18 pm

but if homosexuality is a lifestyle choice... then being straight is a lifestyle choice as well.
User avatar
stevyy
Legend
 
Posts: 52520
Joined: Sat May 14, 2005
Location: .dk

Postby MusicJunk90 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:48 pm

Why do people get offended by such trivial things :lol: :lol: he doesn't have to be an ally to anyone. Get a grip! :o

Having said that... he doesn't seem very intelligent or well informed. :oops:
MusicJunk90
Personal Assistant
 
Posts: 828
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2014

Postby BeeBoy » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:09 pm

Problem is: You can't apologize for things you said in the past and then talk shit like this in the other about the same topic, just admit you are dumb homophobic
User avatar
BeeBoy
Manager
 
Posts: 2370
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2008
Location: Germany

Postby JSparksFan » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:27 am

spiritboy wrote:What i don't get is, don't they have publicists or assistants who can go through old tweets and delete the ones that could controversy like this?
The tweets are one thing, but he's also included homophobic jokes in his stand-up routine (about how he would beat his son if he ever exhibited 'gay' behaviour).

BeeBoy wrote:I bet he has already written the jokes about how this is all so unfair for the oscars. He just wants to save his ass, he won't say more than he needs to to keep his public face. I bet inside and without cameras he stillt sees it the way he did when he wrote those tweets :lol:
I'm positive he does. It shows in his tone in these interviews. For him, this is an unnecessary hindrance, an inconvenience to him. I highly doubt any real introspection was done about why it is he said those things in the past, why it is that so many people are hurt by them, and what is that can be done to change his own homophobic views, then communicate those rehabilitated views to the public. The real joke of this whole situation is that he's made these gay jokes in a very public format (Twitter, stand-up, etc.) and seems upset that he's being asked for a public apology. Keep that same energy. Kevin.

CrazyCrazy wrote:Why does everyone have to be an “ally”? Online gays are so cringe. :lol:

This outrage culture is so toxic, hopefully it fcks off soon. It’s refreshing to see someone being honest in this pandering pc world we live in, some people dont like gays, tell me something I didn’t know. I will still live. :lol:

We will never live in a utopian world and not sure what that would mean in reality.
Because you have young boys, 10 and 11 years old, who have been killed by their parents for wearing heels, painting nails, or doing anything outside of the general public's rigid definition of masculinity. Lives depend on people's minds changing. If Kevin isn't going to help extinguish the fire, it'd be nice if he could at least not add more fuel to the flames.

This isn't a superficial issue like not liking someone's hairstyle, or an artist's album/song. Kevin shouldn't be applauded for being honest. It's not refreshing. He's a homophobe. It's repugnant, and the outrage is late but justified.
Akini's Top 25 Artists of 2018: [#1 Revealed!]

The broken world waits in darkness for the light that is you.
User avatar
JSparksFan
Legend
 
Posts: 49599
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009
Location: Bahamas

Postby Rihab » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:44 am

JSparksFan wrote:Because you have young boys, 10 and 11 years old, who have been killed by their parents for wearing heels, painting nails, or doing anything outside of the general public's rigid definition of masculinity. Lives depend on people's minds changing. If Kevin isn't going to help extinguish the fire, it'd be nice if he could at least not add more fuel to the flames.

This isn't a superficial issue like not liking someone's hairstyle, or an artist's album/song. Kevin shouldn't be applauded for being honest. It's not refreshing. He's a homophobe. It's repugnant, and the outrage is late but justified.
Couldn’t agree more.
User avatar
Rihab
Legend
 
Posts: 18554
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010
Location: Germany

Postby Jesper » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:05 am

Rihab wrote:
JSparksFan wrote:Because you have young boys, 10 and 11 years old, who have been killed by their parents for wearing heels, painting nails, or doing anything outside of the general public's rigid definition of masculinity. Lives depend on people's minds changing. If Kevin isn't going to help extinguish the fire, it'd be nice if he could at least not add more fuel to the flames.

This isn't a superficial issue like not liking someone's hairstyle, or an artist's album/song. Kevin shouldn't be applauded for being honest. It's not refreshing. He's a homophobe. It's repugnant, and the outrage is late but justified.
Couldn’t agree more.
User avatar
Jesper
Legend
 
Posts: 24852
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009
Location: The Netherlands

Postby Goldmoney » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:06 am

Jesper wrote:
Rihab wrote:
JSparksFan wrote:Because you have young boys, 10 and 11 years old, who have been killed by their parents for wearing heels, painting nails, or doing anything outside of the general public's rigid definition of masculinity. Lives depend on people's minds changing. If Kevin isn't going to help extinguish the fire, it'd be nice if he could at least not add more fuel to the flames.

This isn't a superficial issue like not liking someone's hairstyle, or an artist's album/song. Kevin shouldn't be applauded for being honest. It's not refreshing. He's a homophobe. It's repugnant, and the outrage is late but justified.
Couldn’t agree more.
SawyerHewitt wrote:The raw emotion Kween conveys when belting out WBT's climax>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
A MOMENT IN MUSIC HISTORY.
User avatar
Goldmoney
Legend
 
Posts: 20789
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2009
Location: aRatchet’s Hole

Return to Celebrity Gossip