2018 UKmix Hot100 Awards :: COMPLETE!

Postby leomedar » Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:03 pm

Thanks to the 7 set of votes that I have received and are already registered!

As it is, we have winners in each categories, no ties! In case of ties, the award will go to the first thread reaching the top of the category, so early votes are always more important than late ones!

And I can say that if today had been the awards day, big surprises would have been announced! (i forgot how to use the conditionals... need to go back to english classes :roll: )
leomedar
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:08 pm

Spartan wrote:Voted. Thanks for all your hard work Leo!
Franklin’s music profoundly touched and changed the world, because over and over it offered that bridge to salvation, to freedom.
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby Tansike » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:11 am

JSparksFan wrote:
Spartan wrote:Voted. Thanks for all your hard work Leo!
Tansike
Legend

Postby leomedar » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:20 am

Wayne joined UKMix on September 7th 2006 and today is the 7th member with most posts in the forum, soon to be 6th. He is also Administrator, and a very active contributor in most of the genres. This year he has received 11 nominations and is competing for 10 awards, the most of any member, which validates his enormous importance in this comunity.

These are 2018 UKMix Hot100 Awards nomintions for Wayne:

Outstanding General Charts Thread: "HITS"
Outstanding Theme Survivor: 30 Day Song Challenge - survivor
Outstanding Album Survivor: Céline Dion: Ultimate Essential Collection survivor
Outstanding General Game: The Best Album By & The Song Collectors
Outstanding Host - Miscellaneous section
Outstanding Specific News Thread:The Spice Girls WILL reunite in 2018
Outstanding Host - News section
Outstanding TV&Movies Thread: UK TV Ratings Topic
Outstanding Host - TV&Movies section
Host of the Year

Impressively, he has 115 Genre Top10s, including 14 chart toppers. This way, he shares with BrainDamagell the record of most chart toppers amongst all genres! His most successful thread is platinum certifed HITS, but he also has 5 other certified threads under his wing, with special highlights 30 Day Song Challenge - survivor and UKMIX Weekly Top Posters, both Gold.

A high point of the year was The Song Collectors IV. Wardo's amazing game saw a new edition coming to life with Wayne being the master of ceremonies. But highlights keep showing up as I revise his chart history: 20 years since Princess Diana died, Biggest Las Vegas Residencies & Acts, Boris Johnson - my £141k salary is "not enough to live on", Céline Dion - Ashes, Cow escapes slaughterhouse and swims to uninhabited island, Gin & tonic drinkers are "more likely to be psychopaths, Lewis Hamilton yells at 4 year old "boys don't wear dresses", Oprah Winfrey's incredible speech - "their time is up" #GG18, Spam, spam and more spam! and Your first post and topic at UKMIX.

And one of the best revivals of the year was Should I go to hospital? ** Wayne's dilemma! **... Go search for it! So Wayne, thank you very much for an outstanding contribution this year!

I'll be celebrating top nominees the upcoming days, and anyone should feel free to celebrate them or any other member that may not be nominated but that is a valuable contributor to the site.

See you soon! And thanks to all the votes so far!!! Keep them coming!
leomedar
Legend

Postby biscuits » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:35 pm

I know you've probably said, but when is the deadline?
biscuits
The Diva

Postby Nippian93 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:58 pm

biscuits wrote:I know you've probably said, but when is the deadline?
From the opening post:

Timeline

Friday June 29th 2018 – Friday July 27th 2018: Voting time!
Saturday July 28th – Sunday July 29th: Awards Show
❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Postby biscuits » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:21 pm

Oh good. Thanks
biscuits
The Diva

Postby cheapthrills » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:16 pm

Nice write-up on Wayne - one of a number of people who helps makes UKMix so entertaining. Thanks, Wayne :D
Vote for songs in the Summertime Madness Tournament!
cheapthrills
Superstar

Postby leomedar » Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:51 pm

biscuits the Diva joined UKMix on February 13th 2010 and today is the 11th member with mosts posts in the forum. He is very passionate about 90s R&B, but above all things, about Janet. His outstanding work across the forum, as a mod and as a contributor, for sure managed to get Janet a couple more fans. Right now he is hosting a series survivor for all Janet's albums reissues/special editions, and in almost every game he takes place at least one song from her will show up! Of course Janet's music and legacy speaks for itslef, but biscs is a key part of making her strong in UKMix.

This year he has received 11 nominations and is competing for 8 awards! These are 2018 UKMix Hot100 Awards nomintions for biscuits, including at least one in each of the Games categories!!!!

Outstanding Theme Survivor: Billboard Greatest of All Time Hot 100 Women Artists Survivor & UKMIX Top 100 R&B Songs of the 2000s | Survivor
Outstanding Album Survivor: 100 Hits: The Best R&B Album | Survivor, Ministry of Sound "Made in the 90s" | Survivor & Various Artists - Love ♡ Survivor
Outstanding Survivor - Series: UK R&B Number Ones Series Survivor
Outstanding General Game: :: UKMIXtapes ::
Outstanding Host - Games section
Host of the Year

The Diva got this year a massive 48 Genre Top10s, including 8 chart toppers. His most successful thread is the Gold Certified UKMIX Favourite Members Countdown 2017 :: DISCUSSION, which reached #2 in the hot100! Closely, another Gold Certified thread follows: the first season of :: UKMIXtapes :: reached 1.014 points and a #7 peak! Three more Silver certified threads complete his certifications: :: UKMIXtapes II ::, Billboard Greatest of All Time Hot 100 Women Artists survivor and UKMIX Top 100 R&B Songs of the 2000s | survivor.

Some high points in biscuits' year: 35 Games hosted by him with 17 of them reaching Top20 status! His Signature Song and Where did it all go wrong for ()? are quite cool, but his News threads sparked interesting discusisons: Aaron Carter comes out as bisexual, Barbara Windsor diagnosed with Alzheimer's, Girl, 8, gang raped and murdered in India, Louisa Johnson homophobic tweets, Madonna slams Whitney Houston as mediocre, Mariah Carey has bipolar disorder, US, UK and France attack Syria and the locked Mariah Carey is broke.

He also has a strong contribution to the TV&Movies threads, with RuPaul's Drag Race [General Discussion] almost reaching Silver and now a couple new editions and countdowns with RuPaul as the lead. Finally, a highlight of the year was his participation inn one of the year's Thread of the Year nominees, Beyond The Records. Go read it and prepare yourself for a great celebration next September 10th, as The Diva is turning 30!

So biscuits, thank you very much for an outstanding contribution this year!!!

leomedar
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:10 am

Well-deserved acknowledgements for Wayne and biscuits! Both are invaluable contributors to the site.
Franklin’s music profoundly touched and changed the world, because over and over it offered that bridge to salvation, to freedom.
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby Tansike » Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:58 am

JSparksFan wrote:Well-deserved acknowledgements for Wayne and biscuits! Both are invaluable contributors to the site.
+1

And i‘m sure they both get at least one award :)
Tansike
Legend

Postby Nippian93 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:08 am

Tansike wrote:
JSparksFan wrote:Well-deserved acknowledgements for Wayne and biscuits! Both are invaluable contributors to the site.
+1

And i‘m sure they both get at least one award :)
+1
❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Postby cheapthrills » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:40 pm

Voted... using PM not posting my business here. :oops:
Vote for songs in the Summertime Madness Tournament!
cheapthrills
Superstar

Postby leomedar » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:47 pm

cheapthrills wrote:Voted... using PM not posting my business here. :oops:
LOL
I was just going to tell you! Thanks!
leomedar
Legend

Postby leomedar » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:24 pm

Hugo joined UKMix on July 9th 2009, so today he is turning 9 years old here! Congratulations! During this time he created almost 40.000 posts and ranks 15th in the All-Time Posters chart. He is as passionate about Beyoncé as biscuits loves Janet and Wayne loves Céline. As a proof, out of his 10 genre chart toppers, half are related to Beyoncé in some way: The Carters :: The "EVERYTHING IS LOVE" Era, ♀ OTR II ♂ (Beyoncé/JAY-Z), Beyoncé - 4, JAY-Z - 4:44 and The Lion King.

This year he has received 9 nominations and is competing for 8 awards! These are 2018 UKMix Hot100 Awards nomintions for Hugo:

Outstanding General Music Thread: ♀ OTR II ♂ (Beyoncé/JAY-Z)
Outstanding Host - Music section
Outstanding General News Thread: Catalonia News & LGBT+ News
Outstanding TV&Movies Thread: The 60th Annual Grammy Awards (2018)
Host of the Year

Hugo generated 46 Genre Top10s, and as I have already mentioned, 10 of them reached the top of its respective chart. His most successful entry is the Gold certified ♀ OTR II ♂ (Beyoncé/JAY-Z), but he aslo has three other Silver threads. Highlights of the year: with 41 threads, he is one of the key members to keep TV&Movies interesting, with special mention to Call Me By Your Name (2017), Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald, Mary Poppins Returns (2018). He focuses a lot on movies which is very appretiated. Another key contribution comes from the News section, with 41 threads created: Awards Tour 2017/18, Football player celebrates win with genitals in the trophy, Grimes and Elon Musk are dating, Katy Perry's Unwanted Kiss on ‘American Idol’, Queen Elizabeth II is getting a 78% raise, Taylor Swift and Ticketmaster controversial ticketing system, The Weeknd Cuts Ties With H&M Over “Deeply Offensive” Photo and Turkey will stop teaching evolution in schools, He knows how to creat hot topics!

But he also hosts some cool threads in other genres: P!nk Artist Thread, The Enduring Appeal of Pop Stars Who “Flop”, The Random Poll Thread and TIDAL.

So Hugo, thank you very much for an outstanding contribution this year!!!

leomedar
Legend

Postby biscuits » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:33 pm

Thank you
biscuits
The Diva

Postby FreakyFlyBry » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:03 pm

Thanks for nominating me for the Survivor of Survivors, I'm glad my contributions there are still appreciated to this day :) Good luck to all!
FreakyFlyBry
No Title, No Topic

Postby MusicRecords » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:17 pm

Wow what is this!? :o :o great idea Leo! :D Although I have no expectations in regards to winning an award, I am beyond honored to have been nominated in 7 categories! Thank you! I'll def be voting in the near future :wink:
Follow me on Instagram

The ONLY user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

#KING
MusicRecords
HRH King Nick III

Postby leomedar » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:55 pm

MusicRecords wrote:Wow what is this!? :o :o great idea Leo! :D Although I have no expectations in regards to winning an award, I am beyond honored to have been nominated in 7 categories! Thank you! I'll def be voting in the near future :wink:
Welcome back! Glad you are back around :D
leomedar
Legend

Postby MusicRecords » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:15 pm

leomedar wrote:
MusicRecords wrote:Wow what is this!? :o :o great idea Leo! :D Although I have no expectations in regards to winning an award, I am beyond honored to have been nominated in 7 categories! Thank you! I'll def be voting in the near future :wink:
Welcome back! Glad you are back around :D
Thanks <3
Follow me on Instagram

#KING
MusicRecords
HRH King Nick III

Postby leomedar » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:54 pm

MusicRecords joined UKMix on February 17th 2012 and things would never be the same. The first time I crossed him here was in the Member Photos where he would share a lot of cool pictures of himself mostly in the beautiful Vienna, but later he became an inescapable member in the forum! He created almost 12.000 posts so far, and I am sure he will double it if only he behaves and remains unbanned. C'mon Nick, you can do it!

I think most of us know which is his most famous thread and his most important achievement in the Hot100, he even makes it clear in his signature! Besides his 2xPlatinum hit thread, he also has 15 top100 entries, including his three Silver certified threads: Super Bowl 2018 Halftime Topic, Taylor Swift - Look What You Made Me Do and The "Agree or Disagree" Thread! And he also has 3 additional non-certified top10 threads: A Day With... | Ukmix Lives, Taylor Swift | Gorgeous and The "What if...?" Thought-Provoking Thread.

This year he has received 7 nominations, all for different awards! These are 2018 UKMix Hot100 Awards nomintions for MR:

Outstanding Miscellaneous Thread: Beyond the Records | Ukmix Interviews
Outstanding Single Thread: Taylor Swift - Look What You Made Me Do
Outstanding General News Thread: Super Bowl 2018 Halftime Topic
Outstanding New Thread: Beyond the Records | Ukmix Interviews
Thread of the Year: Beyond the Records | Ukmix Interviews

MR generated 23 Genre Top10s, including 6 chart toppers! His most active genre is News, where he has 14 top10s including Austria Elects Conservative 31-year-old as Leader, Carrie Underwood suffers face injury, "might look different". Disney Admits To Darkening White Actors' Skin For 'Aladdin and Russian Elections: Vladimir Putin set to win. 4 out of his 5 Music Top10s are related to Taylor Swift, and his 4 Misc threads all reached Top3 status!

So Nick, thank you very much for an outstanding contribution this year!!!

leomedar
Legend

Postby MusicRecords » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:02 am

Aww thanks so much <3 :D
Follow me on Instagram

#KING
MusicRecords
HRH King Nick III

Postby SummerPeur » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:45 am

Voted :).

Thanks for all your hard work Leo.

Took a while to vote, and I'm sure I've done it wrong :lol:
How about you Get the F*** Out.
SummerPeur
Legend

Postby Jerz » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:42 am

Voted. :D

Thanks for having a great job, Leo.
Jerz
Manager

Postby leomedar » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:52 am

Thriller joined UKMix on December 12th 2003 and today is the member with the most posts, exceeding 71.500!!! He is active almost everywhere, and in fact has threads in all 8 Genres tracked in the Hot100! HE is the original creator of the Singles Cup, and hosted first editions until I took over with the last two installments. And his passion for music makes him a great contributor in the Games Section, both Survivors as general games. In fact, in both :: UKMIXTapes :: he was the member that enjoyed the most my tape!

In total Thriller has 37 top10 threads across the different Genre Charts, with 3 chart toppers: George Michael Survivor, UK Official Chart Millionaires: Survivor and Ant McPartlin enters rehab after drink driving arrest. The first two are nominated for awards this year! His most successful thread is UK Official Chart Millionaires: survivor which holds the record of being only one of two Survivors to reach Gold Certification!

This year Thriller has received 7 nominations, and is up for 6 awards! These are 2018 UKMix Hot100 Awards nomintions for him:

Outstanding General Charts Thread: iTunes Update Thread
Outstanding Artist Survivor: George Michael survivor & Girls Aloud survivor
Outstanding Theme Survivor: UK Official Chart Millionaires: survivor
Outstanding Host - Games section
Host of the Year

These are some of Thriller's most valuable contributions this year: 10 Years of BRITs Critics' Choice - Survivor, BRITs 2018, Celebrity Big Brother 2018, Dannii Minogue survivor, I'm A Celebrity 2017, Sam Smith - Too Good At Goodbyes, Thriller's Kylie Minogue Top 40 and Van crashes into crowd in central Barcelona (14 dead).

So Thriller, thank you very much for an outstanding contribution this year!!!

ONLY 10 DAYS LEFT!!!!
leomedar
Legend

Return to Front Desk