Thoughts and love with Colin/col89 - RIP

Postby king_oxymoron » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:59 pm

Colin is reposing at his home tomorrow and will be buried on Wednesday.

If anyone should care to donate in his memory, please do so to 'Friends of Aikwangwon Inc USA (Korea)', care of William Ryan and Sons Funeral Directors.
king_oxymoron
Lickin' On Both Sides

Postby Plym » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:55 pm

Totally devastated.
Plym
Take Care

Postby DnBLover » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:59 pm

:(
I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room
DnBLover
Legend

Postby android » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:49 pm

Sad to hear the news. RIP col89
android
Superstar

Postby TIfan » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:17 pm

So heartbreaking :cry: :cry:
TIfan
Legend

Postby Star » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:21 pm

I haven't posted since 2012 but hearing this devastating news made me wanna log on.

Colin was a very beautiful soul, inside and out, and one of my bestest buddies on here back in the day. So sad to hear of his passing.

Good-bye my friend :(
-xo-
Star
Sensational

Postby Wayne » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:35 pm

Seeing all of these old faces come back to pay their respects - reminds me of how much more I used to love UKMIX! And Colin was a big part of that for all of us, clearly.
Wayne
Administrator

Postby Ivica » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:00 pm

Oh my :(
Ivica
Legend

Postby Thriller » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:22 pm

Wayne wrote:Seeing all of these old faces come back to pay their respects - reminds me of how much more I used to love UKMIX! And Colin was a big part of that for all of us, clearly.
Definitely! So nice to see.
Thriller

Postby abi » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:01 am

I remember him when he was a regular member here. I don't think I've ever talked to him a lot but I knew that he was always a good guy. RIP! <3 :cry:
abi
Legend

Postby Blondini » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:26 am

:cry: Awful news. I remember him for Girls Aloud and frankness, too.

Article on the funeral with pic of his appearance on Countdown (aired last February). :o I might have seen that and not realised it was him! :lol:

https://www.thesun.ie/news/621610/pals- ... -the-cops/

Last edited by Blondini on Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blondini
Big Time Dreamer

Postby SholasBoy » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:12 am

Terrible news, it's like we've lost one of the family, what a very bright young man he was, such a sad loss.
SholasBoy
Chief Wig Snatcher

Postby Mikerocha » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:36 am

Oh no Colin :cry:

Just saw on facebook he passed away.

He will be dearly missed. As a big Girls Aloud fan he always made me laugh... and always beat me to opening the Girls Aloud topics.

So sad right now, We never met, but he had a huge impact in my life growing up as a teenager in Portugal.

Thank you Colin. RIP
I'm ready to be loved and love the way I should
Life's about, life's about to get good
Mikerocha
Superstar

Postby Shorty » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:33 am

I'm another who is back after reading this sad news on Facebook :(

One of my fellow Girls Aloud fans, I remember us having many a chat about those girls, and I still remember the time he got mad at me for posting about one of Cheryl Cole's solo albums before he got a chance to :lol:

He was so young, it's such a huge shame.

RIP Col.
I've now met Dean Ambrose FOUR TIMES - 28/03/15, 02/04/16, 20/08/16 & 01/04/17!!
Shorty
Resident WWE Fan

Postby cristy » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:29 am

Absolutely tragic news. :cry:

Rest in peace, Colin.
cristy
Superstar

Postby ludichris » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:26 am

Shocking news and makes you wonder if there are other absent members from here who are also deceased. Rest in peace.

The driver has now been arrested thankfully.
ludichris
Manager

Postby menime123 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:37 pm

Gosh this is so sad. I remember many a discussion over Girls Aloud back in the day, and the panic when we struggled to find online streams of Radio 1 to listen to a new single. I had wondered where he had disappeared to, but never did I expect to hear news such as this.
Girls Aloud: Only 5 years until their 20th anniversary reunion tour! (and only 5 years until I can change my signature...)
menime123
Superstar

Postby stevyy » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:48 pm

I remember counting so many votes for him on various Favourite Members countdowns.

Tragic to think how he died. You never expect anything like this to happen to anyone you know.

RIP my friend.
stevyy
Legend

Postby AyumiH » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:06 am

I am heartbroken. We had many interactions on here and on MSN back when I posted here regularly (2007-2009). He was such a delight to talk to and I have so many happy memories from those times. We were like school girls back then, gushing to each other about our crushes. Although I never hinted or told him, I always had a little crush on him. Though I’m sure many members did!

He was also one of very few members to show an active interest in the music I liked, including J-pop. Sadly, looking back, I was too self-centered to ask him about songs he was passionate about. I have never heard a single Girls Aloud song in my life (since I live in the US). Clearly, that’s a testament to the type of person he was. I bet he would have loved to send me some Girls Aloud songs, but he was the charming, selfless guy who would let me express my identity first and foremost. I did locate his last.FM page and I’m listening to some of his all-time most listened to tracks, to repay his kindness from so many years ago. Maybe it is too late, but I would love to fall in love with some of these songs and share the music he loved with others, like he did for me. I actually do adore the first one I listened to, Girls Aloud - the Promise. The melody is enchanting and I enjoy the 60’s feel to it. I wish I could talk to him about it.

The circumstances regarding his death are such a shame. I am hoping his friends and family find some comfort and peace eventually. It is so nice to see a large turnout of retired posters to remember him, but it makes complete sense to me, since he was an essential part of that golden era. Rest in peace, Colin.
AyumiH
Legend

Postby Noahh » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:58 pm

I'm only reading this now. I'm shocked!! :o

I remember the times when Colin was very active on this forum and he was always so nice and funny. I adored his devotion to Girls Aloud and pop music in general. Such a lovely guy.

May he rest in peace! :(
"I got to do things my own way darling. Will you ever let me? Will you ever respect me? No!"

InstagramLast.fm
Noahh
Legend

Postby MrDiva » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:04 pm

Rip
LIKE VICTORIA FOX ON FACEBOOK
https://www.facebook.com/VictoriaFoxNow/
Follow me on Instagram @mrdeeva
MrDiva
Superstar

Postby theArmy » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:21 pm

omfg!! How am I seeing this only now....?? :o So sad :( I'll forever remember him for his Girl Aloud stanning and his iconic avi

Rest In Peace <3
LITTLE CHIX - a new pop sensation on the horizon!
theArmy
Legend

Postby GetBack » Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:04 pm

RIP Colin :cry: :cry:
GetBack
Legend

Postby nekoocz » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:15 am

Just noticed this, horrible news :( RIP
nekoo.cz - follow me
nekoocz
Legend

Postby Rihab » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:57 pm

Oh god, I can't remember him, but RIP! :( :(

Storyteller wrote:Drink driving is such a huge thing here, the government are trying to tackle it but they're not doing enough. And it seems the police don't care unless it happens right in front of them.
People come into my restaurant every night of the week absolutely plastered, leave and get into their car accross the road and drive home. It's a joke. No one seems to take any notice until sometihing tragic like this happens. :(
:(
Rihab
Legend

Return to Front Desk