Thoughts and love with Colin/col89 - RIP

Postby Airwrecka » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:23 pm

I was genuinely heartbroken when Storyteller told me about this and I couldn't shake it from my mind for ages. I was never the closest to Colin, but I did chat with him about his pet donkeys and stuff, and he was just so lovely, not to mention deliriously handsome. I'm not sure what to say here other than I hope he rests in peace and that his family and friends can find comfort in the time they did share with him. It's just so tragic. :(
❄ The brightest flame casts the darkest shadow ❄
Airwrecka
Ace Reject

Postby Frederic » Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:01 pm

Just read this and I'm completely shocked.

We had some wonderful conversations on MSN back in the day. He even created the Where's Everyone? topic for me almost ten years ago! :lol: We practically had identical tastes in music.

He once made the following post about me:

Colin wrote:Fredo - IS THE MAN!

I've been chatting to him on MSN over the years and is most definitely one of my favourite posters on the site. We've had many a long conversation regardless of what the topic was - I think one fine example is that of Desperate Housewives. :lol:

His music taste is exquisite - a member of the site who I can share my tastes very equally with.

I don't think he posts enough on the site, and hope he can post more in the future. :(

By the way, did I mention that - HE'S FREAKIN' HOT? Everyone wants a piece of him.

Fredo <3.
Just goes to show how extremely good-hearted and kind he was.

All the best to you, Collie. I love you and I'll always remember you. The world lost an angel last month. <3 :cry:
Frederic
Good Boy Gone Bad

Postby RaFanatic » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:50 pm

Just saw this. Devastating. Hopefully he's in a better place now. Rest in peace :(
Pleasure over matter.
RaFanatic
Legend

Postby Eamon » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:52 pm

I just found out about poor Colin. I followed him on Twitter and tonight I thought about him and realised I hadn't seen any tweet from him in a while. He often deleted his page if something was going on in his personal life. So when I couldn't find him, I wasn't immediately alarmed but I decided to investigate further because he had talked about depression and taking his own life very often on Twitter. I was shocked to see RIP Colin on the first post on his Instagram.

Hearing that it was such a tragic accident and happened over a month ago is so awful to hear. I didn't have the pleasure of meeting Colin despite being from Ireland but he was such a friendly, kind and hilarious person. He was so welcoming when I first joined this site and following him on Twitter for the past 7- 8 years allowed me to not only continue to enjoy Colin's personality but he also reminded me of the good times on UKmix years ago.

I hope Colin has found peace and didn't suffer too much in the moments after that terrible accident. R.I.P. Colin. It was a pleasure.
Eamon
Legend

Postby Guru » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:28 am

This is so sad to lose one of our community members let's alone a friend and family.
They say the good die young :cry:
RiP young homie :cry:
| Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney |
Guru
Guru

Postby AndiIversen » Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:43 pm

R.I.P. Colin
AndiIversen
Legend

Postby Brad » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:49 pm

Incredibly sad we have lost Colin. He was one of the most genuinely kind humans to post on this forum and his absence will now always be felt.
Brad
Winter Is Coming

Postby JimJim » Sat May 06, 2017 9:02 am

Oh gosh, I only have just seen this today.

How awful. Col was a major contributor to our forum for several years. Another sad reminder that we must make the most of the time we have :(
JimJim
Elusive Chanteuse

Return to Front Desk