Phoenixx, RLAAMJR, BlankSpace & popBop - banned for 7 days

Postby Wayne » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:05 pm

All,

The following 4 posters have all been banned for 7 days for their conduct in the Justin Bieber chart topic: Phoenixx, RLAAMJR, BlankSpace & popBob.

I would like to take this opportunity to remind each member of this community of our rules around stanning and trolling...

STANNING/TROLLING POLICY

UKMIX operates a zero-tolerance approach to stanning or trolling.

Stanning: The act of being overly obsessed with an artist/person/character/etc.

Trolling: starting arguments or upsetting people by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response.
Members who have been signed up for less than 3 months or have less than 500 posts:
First instance = Permanent ban

Members who have been signed up for more than 3 months or have more than 500 posts:
First instance = Warning of a permanent ban
Second instance = Permanent ban

OTHER INSTANCES OF RULE-BREAKING

First instance = Warning of a 1-week ban
Second instance = 1-week ban with a follow-up warning of a 4-week ban should anymore rule-breaking occur
Third instance = 4-week ban with a follow-up warning of a permanent ban should anymore rule-breaking occur
Fourth instance = Permanent ban

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=104770
I've opted to issue a 7 day ban to the 4 members most involved in the silly conversations in the topic as opposed to the option of issuing a permanent ban - I hope that upon their return, the 4 members will refrain from stanning or engaging in trolling conversations.

If any of you have any queries, please let me know.
Wayne
Administrator

Return to Front Desk