UKMIX Favourite Members Countdown 2017 :: DISCUSSION

Postby menime123 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:38 am

BodyShop wrote:My full list:

[20 POINTS] Menime123
Something else we agree on 8-) :lol:
Girls Aloud: only 4 years left of my decade long signature countdown to my dream 20th anniversary reunion tour...
menime123
Legend

Postby menime123 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:40 am

Wayne should have been number one. He seems to post in all the same topics as I do which speaks volume of his taste in music, and by extension, my taste is hereby defined as **** awesome 8-)
Girls Aloud: only 4 years left of my decade long signature countdown to my dream 20th anniversary reunion tour...
menime123
Legend

Postby Biebz » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:51 am

I would just like to apologise to Wayne for not voting because he would have been #1 if I did :lol: :oops:
my reputation's never been worse so you must like me for me
Biebz
Best Damn Member

Postby MusicRecords » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:54 am

Congrats Wayne and biscuits! :D
Follow me on Instagram

trebor wrote:16. MusicRecords: #Mess #BV #Bish #YSL #STFU #Sis #LOL #$$$ #FrequentFlyerSpammer #I&I&I
MusicRecords
Legend

Postby BehindBreakaway » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:57 am

Congrats to the top 2. Very deserved for Wayne. One of my fav posters for sure. My votes went like this. However If I was to do it again there would be changes

1- gold money
2 - wayne
3 - DOSSOME
4- thriller
5 - rayray
6- Tifan
7 - Cheap Thrills
8 - MusicRecords
9 - thankfulforkelly
10 - Benjamin
11 - heppolo
12 - jpguy
13 - Nippian93
14 - JSparksFan
15 - Colbie
16 - flopho
17 - spiritboy
18 - Greekboy
19 - BlueScorpion
20 - Ludichris
3 months and I'm still sober, picked all my weeds but kept the flowers!
BehindBreakaway
Manager

Postby BlueScorpion » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:09 am

OMG so much to catch up with, I can't make a comment for everyone I missed since my last post here. Love you ALL, though!! :D

About this Top 2:

Wayne - He's done so much for UKMIX on so many levels (threads, games, administration, always giving a helping hand) and has leveled up this board to new heights. I believe him to be the driving force behind all recent adds here and his work speaks for itself. Besides that he loves them Divas, so I also relate to most of his music taste.

biscuits - The Diva and Janet Jackson's biggest stan here, he defends her fiercely just like I do and is quick to check a bitch when she's out of line. I find he's moderating style quite efficient. Love him and next time will surely rank him in a much better place.
"Side effects be drowsiness / Loneliness / How is this? / I think they call it hateration / What can you prescribe for this?"
BlueScorpion
Superstar

Postby heppolo » Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:04 am

Biebz wrote:I would just like to apologise to Wayne for not voting because he would have been #1 if I did :lol: :oops:
If only I knew it was this close :D
Waffles are checked cookies
heppolo
Legend

Postby croatiaxtina » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:25 am

Wow biscuits :D I didn'tget impression people likes him that much :o cuz of all drama and bitchy posts...
croatiaxtina
Legend

Postby ArmyOfMe » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:49 am

Congratz to the top 3!!!!

Carbon is my sis and my #1 <3 intelligent, funny and handsome. He's a great poster and contributor to the site, and UKMIX wouldn't be the same without him.

I've come to really like Wayne (not that I ever disliked him), so much that I think I put him in my top 20 this year. While we don't necessarily see eye to eye as far as music is concerned (understatement of the month :lol: ), I find him a clever guy and I find myself agreeing with him on most non-music topics in the News and This & That sections. Also, I love his clapbacks when he has to be a bossy queen because of his admin role :lol:

And biscuits is bae :D sis is hot, funny, shady, but lovely. The #1 position is totally deserved, I think he brings a lot to the forum. Also, he stans for the best mainstream artist to ever grace the world, and that is automatically a good reason to have him in my votes.
ArmyOfMe
Superstar

Postby borderwolf » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:14 am

Congrats to the top 3!!!!
Prisoner Of Rock'n'Roll
borderwolf
Legend

Postby DOSSOME » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:53 am

Congrats to both Wayne & biscuits... Both were in my Top 10. Both deserved to be #1 owing to the tremendous input they bring to the forum
DOSSOME
Legend

Postby biscuits » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:56 am

I'd like to thank everybody who voted for me and everybody who has congratulated me too. I really didn't expect to be #1 this year. I was quite absent during the voting period, and during the last few months of 2017, most of my contributions were drunk posts, so it's really nice that people still voted for me.

I'm never insincere and I don't gush with praise over each and every forum member, that doesn't mean I'm a horrible or shady person like some people suggest (hey, I'm the reigning 'Biggest Bitch' after all). In fact, I'd say UKMIX is the place where I receive the most hostility in the world - I've had to develop a thick skin because I read so many negative things about me on here, and it even continues in this thread. However, I continue to stick around because there are some wonderful people on here who I love talking to, whether it be about music, TV, or daily life. 2017 was a really tough and dark year for me, but there were several times when being on UKMIX was a nice escapism and I'm thankful for that, and to all those gorgeous people who are nice to me.

I haven't commented on those members in the top 10, but I tried to put my thoughts into the more detailed write-ups for each of those members so you know how I feel. I'd like to thank everybody who voted and/or contributed to this thread, and to congratulate all UKMIX members for their contributions to the forum over the past year. The countdown was hit by many technical difficulties on my end this year, but I hope you enjoyed it!
biscuits
The Diva

Postby Spartan » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:04 am

Well done babe. Both you and Wayne contribute a lot to this site so either would have been deserved winners.
Spartan
Legend

Postby Benjamin » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:05 am

Congrats to the top 3! Three legenadary posters 8-)

Here's my voting lsit:

[20 POINTS] Noahh
[19 POINTS] greek_boy
[18 POINTS] Mikerocha
[17 POINTS] Frederic
[16 POINTS] mykka
[15 POINTS] toni_pest
[14 POINTS] jpguy
[13 POINTS] Fan
[12 POINTS] SholasBoy
[11 POINTS] JSparksFan
[10 POINTS] Wayne
[9 POINTS] Plym
[8 POINTS] Thriller
[7 POINTS] GreekGeek
[6 POINTS] KokoCollino
[5 POINTS] LostAvenger
[4 POINTS] croatiaxtina
[3 POINTS] Tansike
[2 POINTS] urbanmusik
[1 POINT] LionH3art
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby Carbon » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:28 am

ArmyOfMe wrote:Carbon is my sis and my #1 <3 intelligent, funny and handsome. He's a great poster and contributor to the site, and UKMIX wouldn't be the same without him.
aww you were my #1 too <3

congrats to Wayne and biscuits, looking at the points, I wasn't even close to the top 2 :lol:

Wayne is a great mod and I've only started noticing him over the past few years, maybe because of his activity. he's strict, but funny, and most of all, really contributes to the forum with substance (apart from that Celine-Gaga topic :lol: )

biscuits was my #3, so obviously I enjoy reading his posts a lot. I never really got the hate he got because I don't see any of his "bitchy" posts as actually bitchy, people just need to be able to recognize a dose of humour when it's not totally in their faces. congrats to the win, it was deserved, and glad to see that there haven't yet been any childish meltdowns this time around!
Ја кријам главата под шалот.
Само на веѓите ми се гледа
дека мислам на тебе.

last.fm
Carbon
Legend

Postby Colbie » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:08 pm

Congrats everyone, especialy Biscs!

Thank you also for hosting sweetie!! ♡
Mic Mic Bungee
Colbie
Superstar

Postby ludichris » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:15 pm

BehindBreakaway wrote:20 - Ludichris
I was wondering who gave me my one and only point. :lol:

Thanks! I also voted for you.
ludichris
Manager

Postby DOSSOME » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:21 pm

BehindBreakaway wrote:3 - DOSSOME
Awww, thanks alot boo <3. I feel so honored when a new poster ranks me high :cry:
DOSSOME
Legend

Postby DOSSOME » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:25 pm

Carbon wrote: biscuits was my #3, so obviously I enjoy reading his posts a lot. I never really got the hate he got because I don't see any of his "bitchy" posts as actually bitchy, people just need to be able to recognize a dose of humour when it's not totally in their faces.
All of this!!!
biscs was my #3 too. I haven't come across those "bitchy" posts either
DOSSOME
Legend

Postby Gravity » Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:07 pm

Congrats to Wayne and biscuits! They were both high on my list. Awesome members :D
Floped and localed
Gravity
Superstar

Postby stevyy » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:01 pm

Wayne:

I know Wayne ever since he joined the MIX in 2006. I've always admired that he went his way on his own terms. He shows great foresight as an Admin on Ukmix and puts a lot of effort into making this site a better place. He fights for his convictions and is reasonable and empathetic. People can count on him. He is a true Céline Dion disciple and has a broad taste in general. (He also likes Mariah which is amazing). He is annoyed by many of the lambs - including myself (from time to time). Most of the times we get along well. It depends on my attitude.

Biscuits:

the traveller. I know that he lives or once lived in (I'm not too sure) Japan or S. Korea. Biscuits is a strong Janet Jackson and R&B music fan. We share a lot of acts that we both love. Biscuits is very invested in UKMIX and tries to make it a better place by doing countdowns and games. Most of the times Biscuits is a mediator between different points of views, but he can also state his own conviction passionately and stand up for what he believes. He is currently annoyed by me - however the only way in the future is UP for the two of us. Congratulations from a LAMB :P :P
stevyy
Legend

Postby Blondini » Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:54 pm

I suppose Tansike is the Taylor Swift of my chart. The one popular person i really like. :lol: :oops:

1 6 Heppolo
2 2 Navi
3 5 Robbie
4 1 CZB
5 9 Magnus
6 3 Tdc2000
7 8 FreakyFlyBry
8 4 CrazyCrazy
9 7 Tansike
10 12 Grybop
11 10 Graham76man
12 13 BrainDamageII
13 11 Jszmiles
14 14 Matthew_Dixon
15 NE JahWomble

Had to restrict it to 15 this time.
Blondini
Big Time Dreamer

Postby JSparksFan » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:42 pm

Waynie Pooh was my #1. He embodies the best aspects of this site. He's had a huge impact on me, and has become an integral part of the site through his duties as administrator and the implementation of some long overdue modern features on the site. This is random, but I remember following his favourite artists countdown a few years back and seeing him rank "I Remember L.A." as his favourite Céline song over her big hits "It's All Coming Back to Me Now" and "My Heart Will Go On," and thought it to be a rather anticlimactic favourite. Fast forward to 2017 and I now love "I Remember L.A." as much as any other of my Céline favourites, which, I believe is due in great part to him planting that seed back in 2013.

Well done to biscuits for a second year at #1, and for his incredible work with this countdown. I loved the write-ups, and thought the pace was rather healthy. As a poster, biscuits has proven to be one of the omnipresent figures on the site. I have to admit that his passion for Janet rubbed off on me enough to explore her discography a bit more, and he directly (and indirectly) introduced me to some fantastic Janet songs.
#WakandaForever
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby DOSSOME » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:16 pm

[20 POINTS] Goldmoney
[19 POINTS] Gravity
[18 POINTS] Biscuits
[17 POINTS] TIfan
[16 POINTS] TheRealest
[15 POINTS] BlueScorpion
[14 POINTS] MusicRecords
[13 POINTS] Wayne
[12 POINTS] Nippian93
[11 POINTS] Shaka
[10 POINTS] SmartIsNewSexy
[9 POINTS] Bojan
[8 POINTS] AlphaMale
[7 POINTS] Controlfreak
[6 POINTS] ArmyOfMe
[5 POINTS] stevyy
[4 POINTS] RayRay
[3 POINTS] MusicLover88
[2 POINTS] Erotica
[1 POINT] SawyerHewitt

I have more than 40posters I really really like but couldn't fit them all in my tiny list :( ... But I appreciate Y'all. I think both Wayne and Biscuits deserve a proper write up from me so here it goes.

Wayne
My first few months here were exclusively spent in the Mariah thread. Wayne would show up from time to time whenever Celine was mentioned :lol: to lock the thread or threaten to lock the thread, and boy, wasn't that place getting locked up every fortnight :D .So during one of those "Mariah topic locked" moments, I decided to check out what UKMIX had to offer & one of the first places I visited was the interview thread ran by Alicepotter (where did he go btw?). Wayne was being interviewed at the time. I was amazed at how young he was (barely 25) but was stanning Celine Dion & Tina Turner, two artists I really loved but couldn't express it publicly in front of my peers because teenage me had to be hip and all that crap so I always pretended to be a JaRule stan :roll: at school but immediately I got home, it would be Mariah, Celine, Janet, Tina, Dionne nonstop. I enjoyed his interview and had another perspective of him beside the "mod who locks Mariah's thread" I had previously :) .. couple of weeks later I bumped into the Wrestling topic and guess who was there? Wayne.... TALKING ABOUT HULK F**KING HOGAN!!!!! :o .. That became my favorite thread instantly. Wayne, Shorty (another lost one), Myself & a few others would discuss lots of stuff like "Monday Night Wars", Cartoon Era, Attitude Era and those sort of things. I realized we share lots of interests and from then I became a fan of his and his posts. All the amazing stuff he's done and keeps doing as an Administrator to keep improving the site prove what a dedicated person he really is. Thank you Wayne <3

biscuits

There are very few people I respect more than this guy.( As an adolescent back in 2001,I felt Janet was the artist I could relate to most. I didn't even know what a Prince Rogers Nelson was then.. My mum wouldn't let us listen to Janet because in her opinion, we were too young to listen to "Go Deep" :roll: so instead she would only let us play Celine, Whitney, Luther & Phil Collins :-?.. so I had to save and occasionally steal her money to buy Janet's albums... from Control to All For You). So I come to UKMIX & meet someone who loves Janet probably even more than me :o :o . Biscuits impact on me was quite instant. I started taking part in his Survivors, discussing RnB stuff with him and we saw eye to eye on almost everything beside always being friendly to me. In 2016 when Chyna died, I remember how devastated he was and shortly after, Prince, my favorite musician ever, also died.. It was an awful time for us but it's moments like those that pop up whenever I think of biscuits. I have never met him but I feel like I've known him for years. Thanks Diva, hopefully you'll still be here years and years from now
DOSSOME
Legend

Postby stevyy » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:48 pm

^^ thank you darling, for the points. well appreciated. <3
stevyy
Legend

Return to Front Desk