Westen has been banned for 7 days

Postby Wayne » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:00 am

Following ongoing deliberations with the rest of the moderation team, I have taken the decision to issue a 7 day ban to Westen.

I do not take this decision lightly - I find Westen to be a valued member of our community, offering some great opinions across the forums on various topics. There does however seem to be a problem on his part with certain members and when it comes to discussing certain artists, his judgement often appears to be clouded. Further to this, there is a general feeling amongst the moderation team that his posts are sometimes quite aggressive and his attitude isn't always where it should be.

There's been numerous warnings over the last couple of years, both informal and formal and also a ban - so in theory, we should be escalating to a month long ban. However, I hope that this temporary 7 day ban serves its purpose and provides Westen with time to reflect on his behaviours at UKMIX and also to consider whether his need to so often engage in conflict-driven discussions outweighs his desires to remain a member of UKMIX. Because if it does, maybe UKMIX isn't the right community.

If anyone has any queries, please message a member of the moderation team.
Wayne
Administrator

Return to Front Desk