Your favourite post of the day?

Postby Vindrag » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:12 pm

Hejsan allesammans!

I dont know if this have been done before, if it's a possible idea to continue with or considered inappropriate for the forum etc.

However, I thought it would be an interesting way to provide a wider space for all members on UKMIX, and to different posters unique thoughts or feelings. I'm sure that alot of exciting ideas and unexpected perspectives about stuff that would stimulate certain members doesnt reach them because of the forum being so varied.

Similar to the "Song of the day?" topic you can here quote other members post that you think are worth more attention and perhaps worth discussing further! :D

I guess that about anything could be worth paying a bit more attention to!
Last edited by Vindrag on Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Luc

I have hatred towards the entire world,
and you are no exception
Vindrag
Legend

Postby Vindrag » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:15 pm

I thought I'd start with the post who gave me the idea to start this fuzzy project (thanks to fercho3), and how egocentric it may seem, I'd like to quote one of my own posts :oops: :P

Shakira's performance last night was the only thing worth watching!!

Amazing performer!
And with a charm (most) American artists doesnt seem to be aware of exists because they always perform with a egocentric and too serious, exaggerated attitude.

Shakira (and most European artists) is so much more humble while performing. It's so nice watching!
Simply because I'm usually discussing cultures diverse performing arts with a friend of mine. The American style is often considered the most comercially powerful, professional and perhaps even memorable. Personally I find it to be mostly artificial or non-original in comparison with the European "scene", as I experience it as more down to earth, self-minded or personal and less driven by a script.

Hmm... I guess that's all. No need to "answer" this, I just wanted to give the thread a little push :oops:
Luc

and you are no exception
Vindrag
Legend

Postby Cactuar » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:52 am

Well I think you've made a fair point, Shakira was indeed full of charm. She comes across very pleasant and loveable, even in a video like Loca which could have come across as egoistic and narcissistic if in the hands of certain artists.

Let me try... Now I'm not familiar with this poster but I think he/she brings up a point rarely stated but true.

Oo567oO wrote:Dont drink too much though, because you can get sick (overhydrated, water poisoning, water intoxication) for drinking too much water.
Hear, hear! A lot of people say "drink more" water, but water isn't entirely harmless. It's dangerous to drink too much, and how do we tell we've drunk too much water, it's impossible, there are no signs like alcohol.
Cactuar
Superstar

Postby irishguy28 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:20 am

Hmmmm...why not "discuss" the post in its own thread?
irishguy28

Postby DaBoi » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:42 pm

irishguy28 wrote:Hmmmm...why not "discuss" the post in its own thread?
:lol:
Channel Orange Ray Of Light Electra Heart Back To Black
DaBoi
Legend

Postby Charmbracelet » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:29 pm

This is my favourite post EVER:

sambo9 wrote:The "Memoirs..." cover was appalling for the following reasons:

- "Memoirs" and "Angel" were capitalised and yet "imperfect" wasn't.
- The title is slanted slightly.
- The collage work is disastrous. They couldn't have made it look more superimposed.
- Her body is completely disfigured and out of proportion. The way her arms connect and the top-heaviness of her body is frightening.
- You can see clearly where they've simply sliced her waist line in half.
- Her elbow has a chip in it. An actual piece of her arm was simply cut out due to improfessional photo-shopping.
- The neckline changes on each Mariah.
- The shadows of her growing breasts are embarrassing.
- The "Memoirs" font is from the "Through The Rain" cover. Not that there's anything particularly wrong with repeating fonts. It just felt a bit lazy.
- It was yet another cover of Mariah simply standing in front of a plain background.
- There were three Mariahs. This is just personal taste but I absolutely hate covers with this design idea.
- The shadows on the second picture makes her facial expression appear frightening.
- Her aroused expression in the third photo is...interesting.
- Are the 1st and 3rd Mariah's holding hands? Where do their arms disappear to?

I couldn't possibly hate it any more.
Charmbracelet
Superstar

Postby Vindrag » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:39 pm

DaBoi wrote:
irishguy28 wrote:Hmmmm...why not "discuss" the post in its own thread?
I suspected that someone would "suggest" this :P

My idea, or the purpose, of this thread would be to get a chance to see posts from members who hang out in other parts of the forum than yourself, so that we may see more of what people are discussing.

Plus, this is a forum, and a "gathering place" for quotes could hopefully start more discussions? :)

I'll look and probably answer the other posts in here later :D
Luc

and you are no exception
Vindrag
Legend

Postby DaBoi » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:04 pm

I quite like the idea - I was just smiling @ the IrishGuy post.
DaBoi
Legend

Postby Vindrag » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:08 pm

DaBoi wrote:I quite like the idea - I was just smiling @ the IrishGuy post.
Isnt it funny how I 90 % of the times you quote me, I misunderstand you :P :P sorry pal! 8-)
Luc

and you are no exception
Vindrag
Legend

Postby DaBoi » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:39 pm

^^ :lol:

My favourite post i've come across today.

Cactuar wrote:So basically I woke up today morning and brushed my teeth, and was horrified when I noticed a hideous zit on my face. :cry: I'm trying to get rid of it, as I really can't go anywhere looking like this.

Does anybody know any instant remedies? I tried toothpaste for about 20 minutes and it reduced the pain, but the pimple is still visible. I didn't leave the toothpaste on because I read on some boards that it can lead to scarring and open pores.

What do you guys use?
DaBoi
Legend

Postby Vindrag » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:01 am

I have never before heard of how water can affect the body badly, but it seems nothing these days is entirely healthy.

Very rare, but sometimes too much "liquids" can make the stomach feel out of balance?
Would I run into scientific results proving how a certain amount of water have negative effects, I would probably reduce it. Until then I continue to follow my "health instructor" Ciara :lol: :roll: and drink a certain amount of water a day. This is perhaps imagination, but somehow it seems to give more energy to the body?

//I remember getting told when I was younger to either use toothpaste as well or even better urine because it contains ammoniac :-? never tried any of them though.
Luc

and you are no exception
Vindrag
Legend

Postby Cactuar » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:35 am

Urine? :lol: Now that is an odd enough remedy to actually work. Anyone willing to try and report back?
Cactuar
Superstar

Postby AyuM » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:14 am

Maybe this thread should simply be "favorite post of the day"? That would be more interesting. :P
Madonna Addict
AyuM
Manager

Postby Vindrag » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:54 am

AyuM wrote:Maybe this thread should simply be "favorite post of the day"? That would be more interesting. :P
Consider it done! 8-)
Luc

and you are no exception
Vindrag
Legend

Postby Thombus » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:29 pm

Quite like this idea - it'll encourage people to venture into forums/threads they otherwise wouldn't do and immerse in all sorts of new conversations! :)
Thombus
Tran Fan

Postby BlackNLatin » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:05 pm

I like this Vin! :P
BlackNLatin
Superstar

Postby Play » Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:53 am

DaBoi wrote:
mikedemoda wrote:it's funny that delusional stans count featurings as #1 singles, cuz there's NO WAY she has 8 #1 songs just becuz she sings the chorus like LTWYL, she has 6 #1's which is not bad by any means, but counting songs she's featured as own singles is just too much
Are you calling Billboard a delusional stan?
She has 8 number 1's.
:lol: 8-)
Play
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:05 pm

Mikerocha wrote:
HolidayGuy wrote:Yah, some of those numbers seem a little high to me. For the longest time, Thriller was reported as around 50m. I know MJ's sold a lot of albums in the last year and change, but 110 million?

And, Dirty Dancing soundtrack at 42 million? And isn't 25m a little much for Breakaway? 40 million for Millennium?!?
Exactly :lol: For years they said it sold 55-60 million records and from one moment to another BOOM! it sold 110 million :lol: It's funny how it sold 50 million many after its original release... maybe they're counting piracy copies too :lol:
"You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read." - James Baldwin
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby sambo9 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:36 am

I know Skelofect is a fan of this too, but one of my favourite posts of all-time is:

BadRapture, in response to the unveiling of Shania Twain's new single title, 'Shoes', wrote:Man she's tacky.

Hang on a minute, something is wrong here. The title of the song - although typically ridiculous - is not normal Shania-esque.

* Firstly there's no brackets in the title (you know the ones)
* Secondly, there are no question marks or exclamation marks in the title. You know what I mean? Good!
* Lastly, there's no corny reference (man, you know what it's like girl).

OK, so let's go about making this a proper Shania title.

You're Wearing In Your Shoes? (It'll Wear Me Out!)

That's better :lol: :wink:
Sheer genius! :lol:
sambo9
Legend

Postby Charmbracelet » Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:24 pm

sambo9 wrote:Sheer genius! :lol:
+1 :lol: :lol: Can't stop laughing!
Charmbracelet
Superstar

Postby irishguy28 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:56 pm

lush wrote:
sniper wrote:
lush wrote:Annie, Sting, Rohnan, all these people are based in the UK! What do you expect.
then why is Annie #18 on Amazon US if she is a local star according to you?
Why don't you call her up and ask her yourself.
irishguy28

Postby HUR » Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:39 pm

Best post ever:

Roger_Taylor
wrote:
I dunno if it was mentioned earlier - queen are HUGE in Russia. But as long as almost all records are illegal and pirate copies - it's hard to say how many records were sold to date. I estimate it in about 30 millions. :D
HUR
Superstar

Postby Play » Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:44 pm

HUR wrote:Best post ever:

Roger_Taylor
wrote:
I dunno if it was mentioned earlier - queen are HUGE in Russia. But as long as almost all records are illegal and pirate copies - it's hard to say how many records were sold to date. I estimate it in about 30 millions. :D
Best estimation ever made in ukmix!
Play
Legend

Postby DaBoi » Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:26 am

^^ He knows exactly what he's talking about :lol:
DaBoi
Legend

Postby Vindrag » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:25 am

kash27 wrote:Heard the snippets and was disappointed.

Heard full album and LOVE it.

Moral of the story: never judge an album by snippets
TRUE!

I've been fooled by snippets too many times, for example I didnt feel the urge of buying M.I.A.'s latest album because of Born Free and the snippets, altough she's one of my favourite artists, but the previews we're so bad.

Turns out the whole album, and actually every song, except BF, is Amazing!!! :D
Luc

and you are no exception
Vindrag
Legend

Return to Front Desk