Hi grendizer, I have a four questions for me:
1. Why there's a Top 40 on Japan Pop 20 charts from May 17, 1970?
2. Are the missing singles belongs to just Japanese/local hits?
3. Is that true that Japanese/local singles could accidentally enter the All Japan Pop 20 charts from May 1970 onwards?
4. Is May 31, 1970 a final chart for All Japan Pop 20? I think it was not yet for me.
1. Just because this is what I have from Japan. I don't know if they had a Top 40 before May 17, 1970, but I see that depending on the month or the year, I have a Top 20 or Top 40. Nothing logical.
2. No, it's just that the guy doesn't know. Those charts are from a library in Hokkaido and he handwrited these.
3. No, however, this is true for Cashbox's Japanese charts. Under the title "International", are foreign acts but also Japanese pop.