(Updated Numbers - Dec 2017)
Some interesting numbers in there - poor Olivia probably shouldn't be included but I opted to incorporate her numbers anyway due to the fact that a residency is a residency. In reality, Donnie & Marie's residency probably has grossed more than Olivia's but I haven't had chance to work through the (limited) figures we have for them yet.
- What these lists really show is that as the average ticket prices in Las Vegas have increased, so to have the average gross figures, with Jennifer Lopez having (by far) the highest average gross per show figure (thanks to a huge average ticket price of $203.17).
- Incredibly, Celine has maintained an average 97.0% sell-out rate for nearly 15 years across a combined 1,075 shows - unprecedented.
- Both have Elton's residencies have stayed above the 99.0% mark but the average number of "bums in seats" has dropped from residency #1 to residency #2.
- Of the big Vegas names, Bette Midler has the worst sell-out % and is the worst drawing Las Vegas headline act of the modern era, though her average gross figure is slightly ahead of Shania's thanks to a higher average ticket price and the fact that she offered, on average, more tickets per night.
- The top 15 residencies of the modern era have grossed a combined $1,443,895,807 and have sold a combined 9,842,417 concert tickets.
Las Vegas will miss her.