Las Vegas Residencies (updated 04/11/2018)

Moderators: trebor, nympho, kingofskiffle

Postby Wayne » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:19 pm

22 Enrique Iglesias The Colosseum at Caesars Palace Las Vegas, Nev. Sept. 15-16, 2017 $1,157,845 8,191 /
8,191 2 / 2 $300, $250, $170, $39.50 AEG Presents/Caesars Entertainment
Wayne
Administrator

Postby MrLeonix » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:01 pm

Enrique Iglesias has a Residency? :o
Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby Ewokguy15 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:36 pm

God Bless that Britney Spears for making Las Vegas young again! :roll:

I was in Vegas for a week in November and didn't see a single bit of advertising for her show.

Celine & Shania made Vegas relevant again if anything.
Ewokguy15
Superstar

Postby Instinct » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:47 am

Ewokguy15 wrote:God Bless that Britney Spears for making Las Vegas young again! :roll:

I was in Vegas for a week in November and didn't see a single bit of advertising for her show.

Celine & Shania made Vegas relevant again if anything.
Shania? :lol: I don’t see Forbes or any other big publications crediting Shania. Celine, Britney and Barbra had the most impact.
Instinct
Manager

Postby Mainshow » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:02 am

Of course, Britney is the reason why Vegas residencies became a thing for a younger audience again. Celine still remains the Queen of Vegas and her shows are legendary but it was Britney's residency which made it seem "cool" for younger artists to folloe the samw way, e.g. Lady GaGa, Jennifer Lopez, Backstreet Boys, Enrique Iglesias...
Mainshow
Legend

Postby MrLeonix » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:46 am

Ewokguy15 wrote:I was in Vegas for a week in November and didn't see a single bit of advertising for her show..
Britney didn't have dates scheduled for most of November tho, last one was on November 4 and she didn't come back to Vegas until December 19 (a week ago).
Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby CelinetoBarbra » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:52 am

Mainshow wrote:Of course, Britney is the reason why Vegas residencies became a thing for a younger audience again. Celine still remains the Queen of Vegas and her shows are legendary but it was Britney's residency which made it seem "cool" for younger artists to folloe the samw way, e.g. Lady GaGa, Jennifer Lopez, Backstreet Boys, Enrique Iglesias...
Britney is inspired by Celine to follow. Isn't Britney is young then?
BARBRA
★Mom of Divas
★2Osc+  10Gram+  5Em+  Tony 
★Best-selling ♀ Artist
★Biggest Box office Actress
★Only Artist No.1 in 7 Decades
★1st Osc♀ Composer
CelinetoBarbra
Manager

Postby MrLeonix » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:57 am

CelinetoBarbra wrote:Britney is inspired by Celine to follow. Isn't Britney is young then?
I love Celine and she's the Queen. But Britney has never been inspired or influenced by Celine Dion, Britney is literally the opposite of and couldn't be more different from Celine. I doubt that she thought "wow I want to be like Celine" when her Vegas gig was offered to her. Britney has been offered to perform in Vegas since 2004 and she rejected it every year up until 2013 after she decided to do it in favour of having a more calmed personal and family life.
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby Wayne » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:42 pm

MrLeonix wrote:I love Celine and she's the Queen. But Britney has never been inspired or influenced by Celine Dion.
Britney Spears says Celine Dion inspired her Las Vegas residency

They’re both legendary singers with young families at home, so it’s easy to see why Britney Spears looked to Celine Dion as an inspiration for her move to Las Vegas. The "Baby One More Time" singer says she was enthused by the French-Canadian chanteuse’s show when she first saw it on the Strip in 2003, telling Billboard that it made things “click” for her – even though she was just 21 years old at the time.

"I remember how beautiful it was – really cool, low-key – and her dressing room was great," the mother of two says. "I was actually jealous, like, 'Oh, my gosh, she gets to be in one place all the time.' Everything clicked: To have your children and your family and that way of life, it just makes sense to have everything in one place."

Celine was just 33 and at the height of her career when she rolled the dice on a Vegas residency, which was seen as an unusual move for a star of her standing at the time. However, the Quebec-born singer’s gamble paid off, and her wildly popular show at the Colosseum in Caesar’s Palace pulled in $494 million in its first 10 years.

Coincidentally, Britney was also 33 when she decided to make the move, signing a two-year, $30-million deal with Planet Hollywood in 2013.

https://ca.hellomagazine.com/music/0201 ... residency/
Wayne
Administrator

Postby MrLeonix » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:54 pm

Thats cool, But Britney didn't run to Vegas as soon as it worked for Celine, Britney rejected doing Vegas Residency for at least two separate occassions before 2013. So she didn't go there because of Celine otherwise she would have signed in 2004 if she was so "jealous of her".

Britney went there by the late of 2013 and she's pretty much the Anti-AC and Anti-Vocalist girl.
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby nympho » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:21 pm

MrLeonix wrote:Enrique Iglesias has a Residency? :o
No.
Just those shows there. It’s not a residency.
nympho
Superstar

Postby CelinetoBarbra » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:36 pm

OMG, What sort of logic is that?There’s some artist modest successful in residency for one or two years before. Cher also said residency is for some whose talent and career falling in 80/90s, how can britney signed when there's only one year period? Celine redefined the residency in process. Billboard and herself told us she was inspired by Celine, if not, why Britney and fans wont afraid that may make public feel her talent and career falling and dying? Becaue Celine redefined the meaning, and now it's a respect live form as tour. Will she sign the concact finally without Celine‘s impact or success?Fans can talk about as normal even proud for residency success because of Celine as a pioneer‘s’ magnificent feat .
BARBRA
★Mom of Divas
★Best-selling ♀ Artist
★1st Osc♀ Composer
CelinetoBarbra
Manager

Postby MrLeonix » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:39 pm

^ Celine definately paved the way for every other star in Vegas (Britney included), I'm just saying Britney didn't take it just because of Celine, Britney is selfish and lazy and she only cares about her own motives, this Residency was her form of spending time with her family (and her kids especially) while it statisfied her lazy standards in a way that allowed her to keep earning money. Other than that she would have never signed for a Residency. Fortunately Celine payed the way a decade ago in advanced so many artists can take this opportunity without feeling guilty or like doing something low (even though Britney received brutal criticism for doing it and Gaga is recevining harsh critics as well).

Britney arrived nonetheless and also had an impact there, no one is discrediting Celine and I wasn't the guy who wrote the many articles from Billboard, Forbes, and many other sources who credited Britney for her impact and influence on bringing the concept to younger generations.

I don't know why the Xtina fan is so mad. Gaga, J.Lo and other artists signing after Britney had success there is not my fault or Britney's fault.
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby Wayne » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:58 pm

Can we move on please? Britney can have some credit as well (like 10%) . :lol:
Wayne
Administrator

Postby MrLeonix » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:06 pm

Wayne wrote:Can we move on please? Britney can have some credit as well (like 10%) . :lol:
Sure we can move on ... The thing is that this thread is always dead when no one is discussing Britney's show :lol: :lol:
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby Wayne » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:25 pm

It’s got loads of views though!

I’ll be doing an update at some point early January.
Wayne
Administrator

Postby alfiebot » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:17 am

Cher's latest Vegas gross was posted earlier, her shows are 90% sold out and it's quite good, considering she didn't have any big promos (her last big appearance was in May when she received the Billboard award) and that she's the oldest big female act there, she's gonna be 72 soon, people easily forget that fact when giving credit!

Anyway, that brings her total Vegas gross to $115,928,982. She has 18 more shows in 2018, but I really hope she won't extend doing Vegas and that she'll do a worldwide tour one last time.
Cher
51 singles on Billboard Hot100~Top 10 albums in 5 decades~110+ million records sold
Oscar~Grammy~Emmy~Golden Globe winner
Touring force
Legend

alfiebot
Manager

Postby CelinetoBarbra » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:16 am

She was busy in supporting Streep now, and World tour many dates is a heavy work for 70s woman
BARBRA
★Mom of Divas
★Best-selling ♀ Artist
★1st Osc♀ Composer
CelinetoBarbra
Manager

Postby alfiebot » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:13 am

^Ummm okay :oops:...

She just confirmed she will headline the 2018 Mardi Gras here in Sydney so that's great too 8-).

Sorry for the OT, but does anyone know if Mardi Gras - or other similar festivals/concerts - are reported by Billboard boxscore? Thanks!
Cher
51 singles on Billboard Hot100~Top 10 albums in 5 decades~110+ million records sold
Oscar~Grammy~Emmy~Golden Globe winner
Touring force
Legend

alfiebot
Manager

Postby mznxbcv » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:02 pm

CelinetoBarbra wrote:OMG, What sort of logic is that?There’s some artist modest successful in residency for one or two years before. Cher also said residency is for some whose talent and career falling in 80/90s, how can britney signed when there's only one year period? Celine redefined the residency in process. Billboard and herself told us she was inspired by Celine, if not, why Britney and fans wont afraid that may make public feel her talent and career falling and dying? Becaue Celine redefined the meaning, and now it's a respect live form as tour. Will she sign the concact finally without Celine‘s impact or success?Fans can talk about as normal even proud for residency success because of Celine as a pioneer‘s’ magnificent feat .
Britney's show debuted a decade after Celine Dion's show, but less than four years after Britney's show debuted, Jlo, The Backstreet Boys and Lady Gaga signed up for Vegas.

Why?

CelinetoBarbra wrote:...if not, why Britney and fans wont afraid that may make public feel her talent and career falling and dying?
Britney made extensively more money in 2017 than in 1999 or 2000.

Why?
mznxbcv
Groupie

Postby MrLeonix » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:57 pm

^ @mznxbcv you missunderstood and took out of context @CelinetoBarbra's comment.
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby CelinetoBarbra » Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:56 am

What a childish post you, so gaga, boys sign after less time jlo than britney, jlo may have more infulence? if not why they take one or two years gap? Why not sign soon after britnrey
BARBRA
★Mom of Divas
★Best-selling ♀ Artist
★1st Osc♀ Composer
CelinetoBarbra
Manager

Postby CelinetoBarbra » Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:01 am

Many tour force earn more money than ever, but their sold records much less than ever, so they are still hottest?
BARBRA
★Mom of Divas
★Best-selling ♀ Artist
★1st Osc♀ Composer
CelinetoBarbra
Manager

Postby CelinetoBarbra » Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:18 am

Celine Dion’s dominant Colosseum present will not be letting up

Dion’s dual residencies at the Colosseum (“A New Day” began in 2003 and “Celine” in 2011) easily place her in the upper echelon of all-time great Vegas stars, and her show has clearly changed the game on the Strip. She couldn’t have a greater impact on Las Vegas. But she’s still here, on the edge of the stage, giving everything she’s got.

https://kaplanherald.com/2017/12/30/cel ... etting-up/
BARBRA
★Mom of Divas
★Best-selling ♀ Artist
★1st Osc♀ Composer
CelinetoBarbra
Manager

Postby MrLeonix » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:43 pm

Tonight will mark Britney's last / final Vegas show!.

All I can say is that I'm freaking happy she's finally leaving Vegas. I'm glad it was a successful project for her and that it had an impact but I couldn't wait for it to be over, the same show for 4 years is just boring.

I hope she never returns there (even though deep in my heart I know she might return in a few year). :lol:

Anyways, with her leaving today Britney became the biggest female Vegas performer ever (after Celine Dion) and the third biggest Vegas act overall (behind Celine Dion and Elton John). Also Celine, Elton and Britney remain the only acts who have done a +$100m grossing Residency in Vegas so far.

Goodbye Vegas!.
MrLeonix
Legend

Return to Chart Analysis