Billboard Magazine PDF Archives

Moderators: trebor, kingofskiffle, nympho

 

Postby LittleArsonist » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:41 am

Thanks guys for the help. Wow, this year has been quite poor as for digital issues compared to previous ones when they had hardly skipped 2 full weeks between an issue and the following one.

Fortunately there's the "two weeks ago" column in the charts but still not liking it.

Thanks again! :)
User avatar
LittleArsonist
Personal Assistant
 
Posts: 849
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2004

Postby Robbie » Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:23 pm

LittleArsonist wrote:Thanks guys for the help. Wow, this year has been quite poor as for digital issues compared to previous ones when they had hardly skipped 2 full weeks between an issue and the following one.

Fortunately there's the "two weeks ago" column in the charts but still not liking it.

Thanks again! :)
Billboard must be really struggling financially when they keep skipping issues on a regular, almost monthly, basis. I read last year that the circulation was in freefall and was down about 16,000 per issue so they must be struggling to bring in enough revenue. I wonder if the magazine, at least in print form, has a viable long term future?
User avatar
Robbie
Manager
 
Posts: 4911
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2001
Location: Newcastle

Postby radiodavid » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:38 am

banamai1896 wrote:On americanradiohistory.com two digital issues from 2013 are not available or the link is dead

Billboard Magazine - 2013 05 11
Billboard Magazine - 2013 06 08

Could anyone post these two issues?
Thanks
I am missing those two plus November 23 from the same year.

I just added the first 13 issues of Disc from 1963.

http://www.americanradiohistory.com/Disc.htm

Does anyone have access to more of these?
User avatar
radiodavid
Groupie
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015

Postby kingofskiffle » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:45 am

I have the charts from Disc when it had its own charts (58-67) but I don’t have full issues. If your struggling to get issues with chart pages let me know which. PM me.
http://thechartbook.co.uk - for the latest are best chart book - By Decade!
User avatar
kingofskiffle
Superstar
 
Posts: 5635
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2004
Location: On The Internet

Postby LostAvenger » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:46 pm

radiodavid, have you gotten any issues from CMJ or more of FMQB/The Hard Report from 1987-88 yet?

I kind of want to get alternative airplay charts from 1979-1988 in full.
User avatar
LostAvenger
Legend
 
Posts: 25485
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2004
Location: Long Island City/Queensbridge, New York

Postby banamai1896 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:54 pm

@radiodavid

Here is the missing issue 23 November 2013

https://www.sendspace.com/file/8ajso2
banamai1896
Groupie
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed May 28, 2014

Postby trebor » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:28 pm

^^ Thank you for your contribution! :D
User avatar
trebor
Legend
 
Posts: 10876
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2014

Postby trebor » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:06 pm

I have the following request.
May somebody please upload the following files:
Billboard Country Update Year 2009
Billboard Country Update Year 2010

I know it's a lot. If sharing it publicly is a problem please PM.
Any help and assistance is highly appreciated.
User avatar
trebor
Legend
 
Posts: 10876
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2014

Postby worldtraveler188 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:30 am

Hello,

I am in search of RADIO AND RECORDS'S weekly album and weekly single (CHR) charts from 1973-1982.
worldtraveler188
Groupie
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2017
Location: Thailand

Postby Borobear » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:12 pm

Good luck with that. I would also love the Radio and Records Charts for the 1970's. I did try to cobble together the CHR chart from the GGHunt website but there were a number of problems with it and the end result is not satisfactory enough for me. I would love to check what I have against the actual charts.

While I am here, does anyone have access to the Cashbox Album Charts for the following weeks: 27/04/1974 and 08/11/1975. I specifically need some positions in the lower reaches of the chart. I have checked the obvious sites and they do not have the relevant pages.

Thanks in advance
Borobear
Groupie
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2015

Postby Icewoman » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:28 pm

Borobear wrote:Good luck with that. I would also love the Radio and Records Charts for the 1970's. I did try to cobble together the CHR chart from the GGHunt website but there were a number of problems with it and the end result is not satisfactory enough for me. I would love to check what I have against the actual charts.

While I am here, does anyone have access to the Cashbox Album Charts for the following weeks: 27/04/1974 and 08/11/1975. I specifically need some positions in the lower reaches of the chart. I have checked the obvious sites and they do not have the relevant pages.

Thanks in advance
I think this is the best
http://www.americanradiohistory.com/Cas ... gazine.htm
Icewoman
Groupie
 
Posts: 126
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2012
Location: Germany

Postby Robbie » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:02 pm

^

Yup, from the above link the Cashbox Top 100 Album chart for 27/04/1974 is on page 41. The chart for 08/11/1975 is on page 46.
User avatar
Robbie
Manager
 
Posts: 4911
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2001
Location: Newcastle

Postby Borobear » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:31 pm

Thanks for the replies but I should have been clearer.

Positions 1-100 are available for both weeks but for 27/04/1974 there is no page with the R&B singles and 101-175 of the Pop Album Charts and for the 08/11/1975 there is some insert covering the whole page of the 101-200 positions!!

I have got most of the positions from the next week's chart but am missing 5 from the 1974 chart and 14 from 1975.
Borobear
Groupie
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2015

Postby worldtraveler188 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:59 am

worldtraveler188
Groupie
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2017
Location: Thailand

Postby RonnieV » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:32 am

worldtraveler188 wrote:Borobear,

I have those charts on my website at:

http://hitsofalldecades.com/chart_hits/ ... &Itemid=52

and

http://hitsofalldecades.com/chart_hits/ ... &Itemid=52
I only see Top 20's and that's NOT what's being asked for. Is it my mistake, or didn't you read the post correctly?
RonnieV
Groupie
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2014

Postby DrTravel » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:39 pm

Borobear wrote:Thanks for the replies but I should have been clearer.

Positions 1-100 are available for both weeks but for 27/04/1974 there is no page with the R&B singles and 101-175 of the Pop Album Charts and for the 08/11/1975 there is some insert covering the whole page of the 101-200 positions!!

I have got most of the positions from the next week's chart but am missing 5 from the 1974 chart and 14 from 1975.
Your request was clear. Let me see if I can dig these up for you. Might have to call in a favor,

Are you collecting all the Cashbox album charts? In a spreadsheet maybe?
DrTravel
Roadie
 
Posts: 270
Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2014

Postby Borobear » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:02 pm

Thanks for all your efforts. Thanks to the marvellous kingofskiffle I now have the missing positions.
Borobear
Groupie
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2015

Postby trebor » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:41 pm

Would it please be possible to post a copy of any "missing" chart obtained in the "US Billboard Chart Requests" (regardless of whether Billboard, CashBox, Mediabase, etc.; Record World has its own thread to post).
That would be generous and helpful to all our fellow posters.
User avatar
trebor
Legend
 
Posts: 10876
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2014

Postby DrTravel » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:54 pm

DrTravel
Roadie
 
Posts: 270
Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2014

Postby trebor » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:56 pm

@DrTravel Much obliged!
User avatar
trebor
Legend
 
Posts: 10876
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2014

Return to Chart Analysis