Complete Chart-History US Hot 100 1955 - 2017

Moderators: trebor, kingofskiffle, nympho

Postby vdoerken » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:58 pm

Complete Chart-History US Hot 100 1955 - 2017

In this compilation you will find all artists with all their singles in the US Top 100 from 1955 on.

You will find all kinds of statistics I created on more than 800 pages in pdf-format totally free.

Here is a link for some samples:

https://1drv.ms/b/s!AhWZduABkwqGmkxElv1ivslho0Ad

If you are interested please ask for the link of the complete work.

I would like to ask you to send me your comments and tell me the errors or typos you have found.

Please send a mail to vdw56<at>gmx.net so I can send you the link.

Thanks!

Volker
Last edited by vdoerken on Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
vdoerken
Roadie

Postby Woz1234 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:47 pm

Excellent stuff, the only errors I've seen so far is A Little Less Conversation 12.10.1968 reached 69 for 4wks.
<as: Elvis vs. JXL> didn't appear until 13.07.2002 reached 50 for 9wks.
& Hold You Down <as: The Alchemist feat. Prodigy, Illa Ghee & Nina Sky>
Prodigy is the late US rapper from Mobb Deep should have his own section not to be confusion with the UK band.

I'm looking forward to the UK ones.
Woz1234
Personal Assistant

Postby vdoerken » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:20 am

Woz1234 wrote:Excellent stuff, the only errors I've seen so far is A Little Less Conversation 12.10.1968 reached 69 for 4wks.
<as: Elvis vs. JXL> didn't appear until 13.07.2002 reached 50 for 9wks.
& Hold You Down <as: The Alchemist feat. Prodigy, Illa Ghee & Nina Sky>
Prodigy is the late US rapper from Mobb Deep should have his own section not to be confusion with the UK band.

I'm looking forward to the UK ones.
Thanks for your remarks. I will correct these errors immediately.

Volker
vdoerken
Roadie

Postby iHypeMusic » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:19 pm

Thank you! Your work is appreciated.

Britney Spears is credited for S&M's one week at #1 (although not any other weeks it charted), so she should have 5 #1's and an additional top 10.
iHypeMusic
Roadie

Postby Modgod67 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:30 pm

I got a copy of this last night, and it looks really well laid out and thought about,. I really like the quick reference between US\UK chart placings. A lot of work has gone into this. Really well done Volker !Do you have any other projects like this lined ?
Modgod67
Groupie

Postby RonnieV » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:16 pm

Hi Volker,

I really like your work on the Hot 100 and would like to receive the complete work (I send you an email last Saturday).

I just have one remark after looking at the sample pages: there is a typo in the Aaliyah song "(At Your Best) You Are Love".

Regards,
Ronnie
RonnieV
Groupie

Postby vdoerken » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:25 pm

Hi Ronnie,
sorry for the delay. There were quite a lot of mails, so that I might have missed yours.
I 've sent you a PM a few minutes ago.
I hope you like it.
Greetings from Germany!
vdoerken
Roadie

Postby vdoerken » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:27 pm

iHypeMusic wrote:Thank you! Your work is appreciated.

Britney Spears is credited for S&M's one week at #1 (although not any other weeks it charted), so she should have 5 #1's and an additional top 10.
I'm not really sure igf we should count it as an BS-entry. There was only one week as a re-mix during a 26-week-run. Joel Whitburn does not show this title under Britney's entries. What do the others think?
vdoerken
Roadie

Postby Chartaholic » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:01 am

Volker has put together an awesome package, and all for free! How can anyone not request this resource from him. It's well worth the price :) and it is a quick download even on slow internet. So if you haven't yet, take up Volker's offer and grab your own copy from him!

I haven't yet had time to crunch the actual data in the PDFs. But on a quick flip through - it is packed with tons of information and lots of colour coding to point out key chart peaks.

Included are the Uk chart peak, so you can see easily and quickly how the US/UK compare for chart success.

There's a nice index of song titles, where you get the peak and year right there in the index. Great for especially older songs with many authors and seeing how they did with their version.

Lastly, a jam packed stat package with various stats and rankings based on the charts. Volker has additionally included his own ranking/point system as well. It is always nice to get fresh takes on how people like to rank songs.

Great job Volker.
Chartaholic
Groupie

Postby vdoerken » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:10 am

Thanks for your nice words. I guess you all know the late great Hanboo. When he visited me some years ago he really liked my database very much. We exchanged lots of infos. So he got all the US-album-charts from 1956 to 1980 from me to include these data in his statistitics.

It's a pity he had to leave us so early.
vdoerken
Roadie

Postby vdoerken » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:23 pm

Hi from Wuppertal!

Here as a bonus one more run-down for the US-Hot-100:

On 290 pages you see all the new-entries week by week with the entry-position, the highest-position and the number of weeks:

https://1drv.ms/b/s!AhWZduABkwqGmlZD3gmswxIxcQZh

And a second (but smaller) extra:

The Top Albums UK and US from 2017

https://1drv.ms/b/s!AhWZduABkwqGmll37FuGP4LGUqtE

Hope you like it!

Volker
vdoerken
Roadie

Postby mario » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:51 am

Hi vdoerken,

Thanks for Great stuff!

Regards,