New Compilation about German Album Charts

Moderators: trebor, kingofskiffle, nympho

Postby vdoerken » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:53 pm

Dear Charts-Friends,

since there has not been any book about the German-Album-Charts for a long time, I would like to ask you, if there is any interest in such a new compilation.

I have used all the data from my database and created a kind of lexicon (in this example for the letter A).

I started with the the charts from September 1978, when there were the first weekly charts. Please take a look at this pdf-file and send me your comments and questions. The charts from 1962 on will be added soon.

https://1drv.ms/b/s!AhWZduABkwqGmyPUi3AuFBZVxeoc

If there is a general interest I will offer you the rest of the data within the next months (free of charge of course).
Please let me know what you think.

Greetings from Germany1

Volker
vdoerken
Roadie

Postby Chartaholic » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:15 am

Interesting reading. I’d certainly be interested in the complete project should you do one. A huge fan of new wave and Germany played a vital role in that genre. It will be good to see how the albums did.

Plus I got to practice by fledging Duolingo German!

Thanks.
Chartaholic
Groupie

Postby vdoerken » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:26 am

Thanks for your comment. This is only the "standard-version". I will also create an extended one with all the positions of the album and the peaks in UK and US. The same files can also be produced for UK and US and also for the singles-charts. Have a nice weekend.
vdoerken
Roadie

Postby LeppDaddy » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:27 pm

Wow, Volker... this is the most awesome work I've ever witnessed about the German Album Charts :o

Fantastic work!! Thumbs up!
8-)

I would appreciate it if you send me the complete 1962 to 2018 work once you've finished with that. Love to compare it to my own analysis. And - if that's possible - please don't include any numbers/positions from the UK/USA. Just plain German Album Charts.
Thanks in advance :wink:

PS: I think it's great you write every word in an album's title in capitals. It may look weird for German-language entries, but English titles are also written in capital letters anywhere (and that quite doesn't make sense either).
I recognised you included lists for frozen chart weeks. I could have done without that - simply because those sales figures are always included in the following week's list (which means I would also delete the published frozen chart lists for the USA and UK).

Kind regards,
Rafael
LeppDaddy
Personal Assistant

Return to Chart Analysis