New web-site for the German charts - Archive and Current

Moderators: trebor, kingofskiffle, nympho

Postby vdoerken » Thu May 03, 2018 3:50 pm

For all the friends of the German charts:

I have started to create a website for the access to the history of the German single and album- charts and lots of statistics.

It's just in the beginning but in the future I will add a lot of information about anything concerning these charts.

At the moment it is only in German language, but the charts and statistics will speak for itself. If you are interested I can give you some help in English.

If there will will some only English-speaking people interested in this website I will build up an English version for all these sides.

You can find this site using www.hits-100.de . If you would like to get access to all the sites I will send you the log-in-data.

I need you real name, a username and your mail-address.

Thanks in advance – I would like to read from you!

Volker
Last edited by vdoerken on Tue May 08, 2018 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
vdoerken
Roadie

Postby jszmiles » Fri May 04, 2018 12:46 am

I will check it for sure! thanks!
jszmiles
Legend

Postby borderwolf » Fri May 04, 2018 4:09 am

Thanks!
Prisoner Of Rock'n'Roll
borderwolf
Legend

Postby monzo » Sat May 05, 2018 9:25 am

Wow, that's amazing, Volker! I will join for sure!

I wonder how you got the complete charts anyway. Remember sitting in front of the radio writing down the newest charts, but no radio station in my area covered the complete charts, just top 40 or something like that... Danke auch für den Bereich Einschränkungen, die Erklärungen waren sehr interessant für mich.
monzo
Groupie

Postby vdoerken » Sat May 05, 2018 11:11 am

monzo wrote:Wow, that's amazing, Volker! I will join for sure!

I wonder how you got the complete charts anyway. Remember sitting in front of the radio writing down the newest charts, but no radio station in my area covered the complete charts, just top 40 or something like that... Danke auch für den Bereich Einschränkungen, die Erklärungen waren sehr interessant für mich.
Spending lots of money to get these charts! :oops:

For the Geman charts I had subcsriptions to Musik Markt, for UK Music Week and ChartsPlus since 2001 and for the USA Billboard.
Hanboo and I completed each others chart-collection. I bought all the album-charts from Billboard 1958-1979 and he used them for his chart-histories.

I knew him personally and I am still very sorry that he had to leave us so early. BTW. Are you German?

Volker
vdoerken
Roadie

Postby monzo » Sat May 05, 2018 4:26 pm

vdoerken wrote: Are you German?
Volker
Ja, bin ich :D Ich erinnere mich daran, wie ich früher am Hauptbahnhof und bei Wom in Billboard oder Music Week geblättert und mir Chartplätze meiner Lieblingskünstler notiert habe :P Wer hätte damals gedacht, dass es irgendwann so etwas wie das Internet gebe, wo man alles leicht nachlesen kann...
monzo
Groupie

Postby freeme » Sat May 05, 2018 5:20 pm

Cool.
Did you post also airplay?
don't disturb this groove!
freeme
Manager

Postby vdoerken » Sun May 06, 2018 4:13 am

freeme wrote:Cool.
Did you post also airplay?
No - sorry. I have just concentrated on the "main-charts". There are 800 positions each week to be added, so I don't have the time to deal with the airplay charts. When I stop working in a few years I will maybe handle some more charts.

Volker
vdoerken
Roadie

Postby enJ0Yable » Mon May 07, 2018 6:53 pm

In deinem "Muster für Album Interpreten-Lexikon" fehlen noch ein paar US-Platzierungen, oder? Jedenfalls sind Bangles' "Greatest Hits" und Basement Jaxx' "Rooty" beide da gechartet, wenn auch ziemlich weit hinten. Ansonsten sieht das sehr informativ aus, auch wenn ich die aus deiner Sicht verständliche Beschränkung des Zeitraums wirklich schade finde.

Wie weit gehen deine Sonderauswertungen eigentlich? Hast du auch sowas wie "Längste Verweildauer auf Platz 2, ohne Platz 1 zu erreichen" oder "Längster Aufstieg bis auf Platz 1" oder "Höchster Wiedereinstieg"?

Und wie hast du die ominösen Jahreswechsel gelöst? Auf offiziellecharts.de sind einige Jahreswechsel-Extrawochen (also doppelte Chartwochen) nicht existent, während sie bei chartsurfer.de mitgerechnet werden.
enJ0Yable
Groupie

Postby vdoerken » Tue May 08, 2018 6:27 am

Hi,

since it's a English-spoken forum I think its's better to write in English. You can contact me anytime by PM in German.

Here my reply:

I have just completed the German charts (singles and albums) and the single-charts from UK and US (each as a Top 100). For the album charts I have to enter the positions beyond #50 until 1999. From 2000 I have already the complete Top 100 (mostly 200) in my database. When I started the whole project many years ago I only used the Top 50, so there are still some gaps which I will close as soon as possible.

Concerning the restrictions because of copyright I can help you using PM.

I can create nearly every statistic from my database, when someone is interested. I will show you the results for the two examples you mentioned tomorrow.

If there was no chart at the end/beginning of a year I have used the so-called "frozen-charts". Do you have already a log-in to the complete page?

Volker
vdoerken
Roadie

Postby vdoerken » Tue May 08, 2018 3:55 pm

enJ0Yable wrote:In deinem "Muster für Album Interpreten-Lexikon" fehlen noch ein paar US-Platzierungen, oder? Jedenfalls sind Bangles' "Greatest Hits" und Basement Jaxx' "Rooty" beide da gechartet, wenn auch ziemlich weit hinten. Ansonsten sieht das sehr informativ aus, auch wenn ich die aus deiner Sicht verständliche Beschränkung des Zeitraums wirklich schade finde.

Wie weit gehen deine Sonderauswertungen eigentlich? Hast du auch sowas wie "Längste Verweildauer auf Platz 2, ohne Platz 1 zu erreichen" oder "Längster Aufstieg bis auf Platz 1" oder "Höchster Wiedereinstieg"?

Und wie hast du die ominösen Jahreswechsel gelöst? Auf offiziellecharts.de sind einige Jahreswechsel-Extrawochen (also doppelte Chartwochen) nicht existent, während sie bei chartsurfer.de mitgerechnet werden.
Longest stay at #2 without reaching #1
Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep (Middle Of The Road) 11 wks.
What Is Love (Haddaway) 10 wks.
Say it right (Nelly Furtado) 9 wks.
Black or white (M.Jackson) 9 wks.
Oops up (Snap!) 9 wks.

Highest Re-Entry
Only Time (Enya) # 1 (the only Re-Entry entering at # 1)

Longest climb to the top
Schrei nach Liebe (Aerzte) 35 wks. 2 - chart runnings
Dance little bird (Electronica's) 24 wks.
Dan the Banjo Man (Dan the Banjo Man) 21 wks.

All data regarding the period from 1971 until today
vdoerken
Roadie

Postby monzo » Wed May 09, 2018 9:31 am

I really enjoy your site! There's always something new to discover! Like your newest section "Ausblick" :D
monzo
Groupie

Postby bitchshesmadonna » Wed May 09, 2018 12:14 pm

Just signed up for this - it's a great site, tons of data to look through :)
bitchshesmadonna
Groupie

Postby Benny » Thu May 10, 2018 7:55 am

Fantastic project, looks amazing!!! :D
Benny
Legend

Postby vdoerken » Thu May 10, 2018 9:32 am

Hi,

for the friends of the German casting-show DSDS (Deutschland sucht den Superstar) I have added the complete chart-history of the winning artists.

Enjoy it!

http://www.hits-100.de
vdoerken
Roadie

Postby vdoerken » Fri May 11, 2018 10:28 am

Hi,

the complete German chart-history for these artists is now online :

Adele
Rihanna
Madonna
Katy Perry
P!nk

Have a look and enjoy it!

www.hits-100.de
vdoerken
Roadie

Postby Passing_Strang » Fri May 11, 2018 6:03 pm

I'm sorry but what's the purpose of this site? German, UK and US charts are freely available online, anyone can have the chart info he's interested in. Why do the already done work again? Or did I miss something?
Passing_Strang
Personal Assistant

Postby vdoerken » Sat May 12, 2018 3:59 am

Passing_Strang wrote:I'm sorry but what's the purpose of this site? German, UK and US charts are freely available online, anyone can have the chart info he's interested in. Why do the already done work again? Or did I miss something?
You can get the current charts of Germany. But where do you want to see the charts from 1975 for example? And where can you find a complete year in just one printable file? There is no site or book to show the German chart-history which I present.

There have been lots of people who were happy to find these information as I show them. So it might be very senseful.

Have a nice weekend!

Volker
vdoerken
Roadie

Postby Chartaholic » Sat May 12, 2018 5:32 am

Passing_Strang wrote:I'm sorry but what's the purpose of this site? German, UK and US charts are freely available online, anyone can have the chart info he's interested in. Why do the already done work again? Or did I miss something?
Every site provides a unique way of displaying the chart information. There’s always new info to discover!
Chartaholic
Groupie

Postby Passing_Strang » Sat May 12, 2018 7:15 pm

vdoerken wrote:You can get the current charts of Germany. But where do you want to see the charts from 1975 for example?
What's wrong with offiziellecharts.de website? Provides anything I ever need to know in a very user-friendly format :) Just like its UK counterpart officialcharts.com

What could've been unique to your site is the airplay charts, already mentioned, or Bavarian chart that was once available on chartsurfer.de As it is now - I can get all this info elsewhere, without registration by the way.

But if it's important to you for any reason - alright.
Passing_Strang
Personal Assistant

Postby Chartaholic » Sat May 12, 2018 7:23 pm

Passing_Strang wrote:
vdoerken wrote:You can get the current charts of Germany. But where do you want to see the charts from 1975 for example?
What's wrong with offiziellecharts.de website? Provides anything I ever need to know in a very user-friendly format :) Just like its UK counterpart officialcharts.com

What could've been unique to your site is the airplay charts, already mentioned, or Bavarian chart that was once available on chartsurfer.de As it is now - I can get all this info elsewhere, without registration by the way.

Does offiziellecharts.de provide chart accomplishment charts?

I guess I just don’t understand the hostility aimed at someone for simply wanting to promote their hard work on a website,
Chartaholic
Groupie

Postby vdoerken » Sun May 13, 2018 7:15 am

Passing_Strang wrote:

I really don't know what's the problem for you.

As I said earlier you won't get German charts before 1977 through Offizielle Charts. And if you try to print charts from their archive you have to enter each single week and get 8 very confusing pages. There is no peak or number of weeks. Or do you have a different format - then let me know.

Printing from my archive will show all these information in a very clear structure on 1 or 2 pages. Have you tried the sample on my page and seen the difference?

You don't have to register to see these examples. The (totally free) registration is inevitable to prevent the site from abuse.

If you don't like my page - I will cope with it nevertheless. Nobody is forced to have a look.

Have a nice Sunday
vdoerken
Roadie

Postby Benny » Sun May 13, 2018 7:37 am

Volker, your work is great, it gives a very good overview of an artist's chart history. Unfortunately, there are always people who are negative about everything. Just ignore them!
Benny
Legend

Postby vdoerken » Sun May 13, 2018 8:21 am

Benny wrote:Volker, your work is great, it gives a very good overview of an artist's chart history. Unfortunately, there are always people who are negative about everything. Just ignore them!
It makes me proud and happy to read such a comment from a charts-expert as you are. :D I love your YouTube-channel!

In the the next days I will include a link to your great collection of German-chart-videos!
vdoerken
Roadie

Postby Benny » Sun May 13, 2018 8:24 am

Thank you Volker! :P
Benny
Legend

Return to Chart Analysis